5.0 out of 5 stars #1 Lady A album ever, Sept. 29 2011
This review is from: Own the Night (Audio CD)
In the past, Lady Antebellum has had great albums but nothing compared to this one which defines the word BEST! My favourite song is called Friday Night which is a groovy up tempo song which I hope becomes a single. So my advice to all Lady Antebellum fan is to buy this album now before they're all sold out at a music store near you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Own the Night, Feb. 10 2012
jordan brookes (Norquay Sask. Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Own the Night (Audio CD)
I love the chemistry of this group, it is as good as the first cd and I just love it. I bought it because I love the first one and I think I did this on a pre order because of that. Lady Antebellum are my favourites right now.

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable but rather uneventful album, Feb. 1 2012
Louis (Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Own the Night (Audio CD)
It's hard to knock Lady Antebellum down for not being country enough. After all, this band has always straddled the fine line between contemporary country and pop; this is part of the band's appeal and one of the reasons for their crossover success. "Own The Night" builds on the wild success of "Need You Now", the band's smash sophomore album, and - for the most part - succeeds. It has more than a handful of strong songs, it's melodic, well produced and finely performed. Those looking for a pleasant set of hummable midtempo songs and moving ballads will find what they're looking for on "Own The Night".

This said, this album is even less country than its predecessor. That is unfortunate because if truth be told, the album's many highlights are arguably those where their country roots are at their most apparent ("Singing me home", "The love I've found in you", "Dancin' away with my heart", "Cold as stone", "When you were mine", "As you turn away" and "Heart of the world"). The album's first two singles were attractive enough to generate airplay and high chart placement ("Just a kiss" and "We owned the night" both reached the top of Billboard's country singles chart, while performing moderately well on the pop charts), but they are not that eventful either and lack the passion that this band is capable of. "Friday night" is as formulaic and generic as the band's many detractors portray them to be, while "Wanted you more" and "Somewhere love remains" are just plain boring.

Still, this album will obviously please the band's fans and might win them a few new ones. However, the band will probably have to try harder the next time around, because they are likely to get stuck in an uncomfortable position : too country for pop radio, and too pop for country music lovers...

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy The Night, April 9 2012
This review is from: Own the Night (Audio CD)
"Own The Night" by Lady Antebellum contains a great mix of fun country hits. The following are some of the great country hits on this cd:
We Owned The Night
Just A Kiss
Friday Night
Love I've Found In You
"Own The Night" by Lady Antebellum is good for anyone who enjoys this group and/or a multitude of happy country songs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying Lady A's disc, Dec 9 2011
This review is from: Own the Night (Audio CD)
I really enjoyed Lady Antebellum's first disc, but had not ordered this one until awards season. They cleaned up at the music awards, so I thought I'd give this CD a listen. I'm enjoying it, but it doesn't have the oomph of the first release. Still, I'm glad I ordered it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, Nov. 16 2011
Rhonda Clark (SK, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Own the Night (Audio CD)
This album seems to have a better mix of both singers, and as a fan of the "duet genre", I love it! This is definitely my favourite album of theirs :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome CD, April 9 2013
This review is from: Own the Night (Audio CD)
I can listen to this CD over and over, song by song...they are all fantastic. If you love this group, you have to have this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album - great lyrics, Feb. 6 2013
This review is from: Own the Night (Audio CD)
Good range of songs... and the lyrics are wonderful. Exceptional voices and harmonies on the album.. am looking forward to their next release

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Oct. 29 2011
This review is from: Own the Night (Audio CD)
I have 3 Cds now and ejoy this one as much as the first 2. It is new music but awesome quality that, I have come to expect form this group.

5.0 out of 5 stars CD, Oct. 19 2011
Moose (Prince Edward Island) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Own the Night (Audio CD)
I have just started buying CD's again after a some time away from them buying DVD Concerts I really like this CD I think any Country lover would love this.

Own the Night
Own the Night by Lady Antebellum (Audio CD - 2011)