5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this thing!!!
Published 17 months ago by MooseEater

1.0 out of 5 stars Not happy
I find that the mop does not make enough steam to really clean the floors. There were some stains on the kitchen floor that I had to clean manually, because the mop didn't do the job.
Published on Dec 3 2011 by Vanilla

1.0 out of 5 stars Not happy, Dec 3 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this thing!!!, Nov. 20 2012
This review is from: Black & Decker SM1620-CA Steam Mop (Tools & Hardware)
I really had no idea what to expect because I have never had a steam mop. But even from the first use, I love this product. The assembly of mop was quick and the picture directions made for an easy and uncomplicated put together. In the box was included a small cup for dispensing water, three mop pads and the parts to assembly the mop. Just as the box and directions say, it really only takes fifteen seconds to heat up and the indicator light changes from red to blue to show it is ready for use. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the cord is very long and I never had to worry how far it could stretch across the room. On one fill of a tank, I was able to mop a tile bathroom, a kitchen and a long wood hallway and there was still water left over. I did have to change the pad in between use and I do wonder if I should have swept the floor before I moped. But it did pick up all the dirt on the floor and I absolutely loved the fact that it swivels so I can clean around corners and not worry about how to capture trapped dirt.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mag Fuffman...why did you sell out to B&D???? oh ya $$$$$, Jan. 13 2012
This review is from: Black & Decker SM1620-CA Steam Mop (Tools & Hardware)
I bought this product because Mag recommended it in her Toronto Sun column. I have enjoyed her TV shows and her column. Now about the cleaner..... My wife has used it twice and I have once, cleaning level very poor as well as leaving a hase on the tile floor. My wife is willing to try it once more, should the level of cleaning not improve, I shall dispose of the product and go back to the old stand by, soap and water. Also you may forward to B&D this review as well as the promise to avoid any B&D products in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK so far, April 1 2014
Movie Nut (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black & Decker SM1620-CA Steam Mop (Tools & Hardware)
I purchased this mop to replace a cheapy I bought at Home Depot for $30. about four years ago. I read review after review and if I had the money I would have purchased the Haan (approx. $140.-160. Cdn.) which is about the only one that consistently rates very high on all testing. In the end my old one broke and I purchased this one out of needing one asap.

I put it together easily so no complaints there. The level of steam seems fine however, I set it on the highest steam setting for our porcelain floors rather than the medium setting. My only problem seems to be that it leaves streaks on our matte finish porcelain floors. At first I thought that I should have washed the pads before using them but since washing them twice, I still have the same problem and I have no idea what could be causing it. I have a front load washing machine and therefore use very little detergent and I use vinegar in the rinse only; and I don't use fabric softener sheets in the dryer either so it shouldn't be a build up of products on the pads. Not sure what more I can do but it drives me crazy after making an effort on a fairly large flooring area to see the streaks when the sun comes in the back window in the afternoon.

Any advise gratefully accepted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Always handy, Jan. 3 2014
This review is from: Black & Decker SM1620-CA Steam Mop (Tools & Hardware)
Great steam mop. I have it on the go just about every day. Fast warm up and easy fill. Great for my floating floors that gets all yukky super fast with spills and cat feet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing Steam Mop from Black and Decker, Aug. 11 2013
John (Barnstaple, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black & Decker SM1620-CA Steam Mop (Tools & Hardware)
Bought the unit admittably on price, always a foolish mover. We had had Shark's for years with great results. B&W now in the rubbish pile and going to order a new Shark system now. The joy of price is soon forgotten when experience catches up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, Nov. 20 2012
This review is from: Black & Decker SM1620-CA Steam Mop (Tools & Hardware)
I bought one of these at my local store. I am going to ship one to my mom today from Amazon. I am happy with the performance and love how it makes my wood floors look.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke in 2 months, Feb. 17 2012
This review is from: Black & Decker SM1620-CA Steam Mop (Tools & Hardware)
Handle broke off after being used perhaps 8 times.
This item is pure junk. I would not recommend buying this at all.

ARRAY(0xb368fac8)