Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
on December 23, 2011
I have had a Garmin GPS for several years, having bought it because it included European maps as well as North American ones. I had difficulty trying to download map updates so when I found this Magellan unit that also included European maps for less money than map updates I bought it. I have only used it in our province but it seems reasonably accurate, but the voice is a bit wavery and not as clear as the one on my Garmin. Instead of giving another voice command at a turn it just chimes, having given instructions at 3 km and 2km and 1km. It is OK but takes a little getting used to. It does offer new instructions very quickly if you do not take the recommended turns while the Garmin unit says recalculating and takes a little longer to come up with new instructions. Another feature that is different is that it does not give your speed if you are just viewing the map. I find this feature helpful as a check against my speedometer. Another feature of the Magellan is that it defaults to a fairly close view of the map. This can be changed by touching the + button, but I find it helpful to be able to see a block or two ahead especially at night when it is hard to see street signs until up close. My Garmin defaults to showing a larger view which I prefer. My Magellan unit has a larger screen, but I don't this is an advantage since it blocks more of the view and is bulkier to take on a trip when I will be renting a vehicle. I find the 3 1/2" screen to be perfectly adequate. I know these are personal likes, but perhaps they will be helpful to others.
on March 8, 2012
I bought it at a discount price. and it is my first GPS. Big and bright screen. Only one thing I feel not comfortable, you can't charge it through USB by PC even the manual said so. I had difficulties to turn it on since the battery was run up when I got it. But everything is working well after I fully charged it in my car.
on March 31, 2012
Magellan RoadMate 5045T-EU GPS navigator
Got horribly lost going to a wedding in a snow storm. All signs covered in snow, so purchased a GPS, and am slowly learning how to use it.
on April 5, 2014
If you are then this is the unit for you. It comes with North American and European maps. I needed some help with getting access to the European maps (select region). I used this in Spain and it make driving - especially in the cities, easy. Used it in Barcelona, Madrid and Seville. Highly recommend it - even if you are normally a Garmin user.