5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely "chapter" within a wonderful story
The quality of this DVD is excellent. My daughter just loves the story; she watched it over and over. It was a wonderful gift for the winter holyday.
Published on Jan. 24 2012 by Michael

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected.
Not very Christmasy. Neither of my girls enjoyed this movie at all (ages 3 and 6). They have watched it once and never again. Total waste of money. Very disappointing.
Published 22 months ago by Adrienne Rombough

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice Christmas tale with the Beauty and the Beast characters, Oct. 12 2013
My young daughter really enjoyed this movie. I don't think that it compares to the original "Beauty and the Beast" which is really lovely, but it is a nice Christmas story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely "chapter" within a wonderful story, Jan. 24 2012
This review is from: Beauty And The Beast: The Enchanted Christmas Special Edition - DVD (DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely., April 17 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Beauty & Beast Encha (DVD)
I found the movie quite entertaining. I haven't seen the original movie for quite a long time now, so I can't be biased or weigh them side by side. In its own accord it was my sort of movie. The dark scenery sort of "gave the mood" if you like. The beginning scene after the enchantment had been gone for a year tend to be bright in comparison of the scenes during the time of the enchantment. That alone shows differences in the beast's/prince's and perhaps even Angelique's moods about christmas. The songs Stories and As long as there's Christmas were very nice. I'd have to say I enjoyed Stories the most. It was beautiful and the lyrics were wonderful. The singing isn't perfect, but at the same time it give more emotion, it seems more raw and perhaps sincere. Since it has been many years before the first movie, I would assume the voices aren't quite the same. Nevertheless, they did well enough. The new characters were interesting. I enjoyed the "bad guys" the most. People would deem it scary for children, but then again I have seen scenes in other movies just as dark and scary back when I was little. I believe it depends on the child and the upbringing, and how the parents feel. The plot had its lacking points, like how the Beast suddenly decided to lock Belle up after saving her. Strange, strange man if you ask me. The Beast's portrayal seemed a bit out of character from what I recall. Belle was just as kind and patient as ever. Lumiere was still a shameless romancer and Cogsworth was still never listened to. Chip was adorable as ever though. The way the scenes were done weren't as elegant. It was more like how you'd watch a bugs bunny cartoon... far away instead of up close or at different angles. Thus, it didn't have a more enchanting impact as the original. I wouldn't compare it or try to fit it in with the original. I'd leave it as a stand alone. In that case it is a nice movie.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected., Sept. 25 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars worthwhile, March 25 2010
Marilyn Acton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beauty & Beast Encha (DVD)
My brother has been trying to get this movie for his daughter ever since it came out. He was happy that I managed to get it for a good price. My niece loveit. It arrived in time for spring break and she watched it 2 or 3 times a day while she was off. She is now learning the words to the songs. My brother says it follows along with the original movie very well and is pleasant to watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it..., Oct. 13 2005
This review is from: B.&/B. Enchanted (DVD)
A beautiful movie, ties in very nicely with the original Beauty and the Beast.
I loved the music so much I hunted down the soundtrack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Enchanting, Sept. 22 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: B.&/B. Enchanted (DVD)
Full of mystery and magic, and a little suspense. The story takes place during the time Belle was a prisoner at the Beast's castle. The songs are great. Tim Curry is truly evil as Forte.

5.0 out of 5 stars satisfaction, Jan. 7 2012
Merci les 2 produits sont arrivés en bon état et assez rapidement. Vendeur fiable et qui nous semble disponible. merci encore.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, Nov. 10 2005
This review is from: Beauty & Beast Encha (DVD)
I love this movie. They are really great! Does anyone know the name of the evil organ song that Forte plays with fife in the room (when the camera zooms in from the window). I love that song, but I dnt know the name! E-mail me @ boone_myers@earthlink.net Great movie! I play that song over and over on the DVD!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for older kids, but..., Jan. 3 2005
Margaret Jackson (Montreal, Quebec, CANADA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beauty & Beast Encha (DVD)
Please be warned that if you have little ones, they may be really, really frightened by the character Forté, the pipe organ. In fact, I was rather shocked that Disney made his character as sinister as they did. Yes, there is always a "villain" in their movies, but in this case, I think it was overdone -- he was just too scary. It is supposed to be a Christmas movie, after all, which in my mind means light, fluffy and fun :)
On the positive side, the storyline is quite nice and production quality is outstanding (surprising for a part 2-type movie -- ie. The Return of Jafar was crappy compared to Aladdin), but I personally won't be playing it again for my kids for a few years, it's simply not appropriate.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›