Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: Blu-rayChange

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
Long ago Odin (Anthony Hopkins) led Asgard to victory against the Jotunheim Frost Giants and captured the source of their power, the Casket of Ancient Warriors. Over a thousand years later, Odin is about to crown his son, Thor (Chris Hemsworth), as King of Asgard, but the coronation ceremony is interrupted when the Front Giants find a way into the weapons vault and try to steal back the Casket. Fortunately, it wasn’t stolen as the giants fell before they could take it. Wanting to make an example of them, Thor and some of his loyal companions travel to Jotunheim against his father’s wishes and start a war with the giants. Odin rescues them but not without grave consequences: upon returning to Asgard, Thor is banished to Earth for his actions, powerless and alone. Only his hammer, Mjolnir, is sent with him, but now with an enchantment that only the worthy can wield it—and Thor is not.

On Earth, Thor meets Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), an astrophysicist who was there along with her mentor, Dr. Erik Selvig, the night Thor came through the wormhole.

Meanwhile, Thor’s brother, Loki (Tom Hiddleston), finds out that his own heritage is not what he was told and, upon finding out his true origin, seeks to ensure his brother never returns to Asgard so he could become the king instead.

While on Earth, Thor must learn what it means to be humble, care for others, and thus earn his place as the proper king of Asgard, all in time to stop his brother from leading the Frost Giants into Asgard and destroying Odin’s kingdom.

This flick was Marvel’s fourth film in its Phase One plan leading up to The Avengers.

I love this movie. It’s down-to-earth, fun, has a good story and enough action to keep things exciting but not so much that it bogs down the entire movie.

Up until this flick, Thor was basically an unknown character to the movie-going public, and Thor does its job on giving the character a rich history, making you care about him, and making you cheer him on on his path to redemption.

The scenes on Asgard were breathtaking—heavenly, even—the size and scope of the city enough to inspire awe. The stuff on Earth, well, it’s just the stuff on Earth and this is the first I’ve personally seen the realms of fantasy and reality merge so well. There was a bit of that in the Harry Potter movies, but those kids never went to another world where it’s fantasy-type stuff 24/7.

The special effects were awesome and, to me, were a kind of unintentional preview to an exciting live action Superman movie, with Thor being the one in the red cape this time. The flying sequences were powerful, the strength, the lightning blasts—all good stuff, and with The Avengers on the horizon, the climatic fight scene between Thor and the Destroyer was well-paced and well done, saving Thor’s best for the ensemble film to come a year later.

The relationship between Thor and Loki was done especially well because most siblings feel that their parents favor one above the other. There’s always going to be some sibling rivalry, jealousy and competitiveness. This flick nailed that, in my opinion, especially on Loki’s side of things. I mean, at times you can’t help but feel bad for the guy and sympathize with his motives (that’s the mark of a good villain, by the way).

Thor is a sweet introduction to the character, sets him up really well for The Avengers, and this reviewer can’t wait to check out Thor: The Dark World and see how the Mighty Thor grows as a hero and as Asgard’s king.
on September 12, 2011
Movie was a lot of fun. Can't go wrong with the Blu Ray + DVD + Digital for $23. I higly recommend this.
on February 9, 2013
I just love this movie especially when they were on Asgard that was the best
part i think.they should never of banished him from his home world of Asgard but i guess when you're arrogant and daddy
doesn't take too kindly to your attitude that will happen. but it was very weird watching Nattily Portman Act the part on Earth
when she saw Chris Hemsworth it was like she had never seen a man in her life
[Horny little thing] the earth part was a little boring for me but overall i love it i hope they make another
one soon..
on December 24, 2011
I received my order on Friday, December 23, 2011. I was going to buy the movie new at the store but you offered such a good buy that I decided to order it anyway even though it said it wouldn't be there until after Christmas, much to my surprise I got it BEFORE THE EXPECTED DATE OF DELIVERY. Thank you very much for shipping my order so promptly. It was in a nice bubble wrap envelope and well sealed. I will order from you again!
on May 17, 2014
Very good dvd and lot of good memories about it I just adore it and recommanded it to all my friends
on October 9, 2011
The movie was good for anyone that like or love action and comic films. It also has a great story to go with the action which makes it a great film to watch. The acting is very good even with some goofy parts.
on October 13, 2011
This movie was very well done with non stop action and easy to follow story line. The actors picked to play the roles I thought fit perfectly and as I happen to be a superhero buff I absolutely loved this movie and recomend that anyone and everyone should buy it.
on November 7, 2015
This is the last movie I ever intended to watch. But I saw it with my brother and I loved the movie! I was not interested in the whole Marvel craze at first but once I watched this movie, I was hooked.
on May 5, 2014
As comic book hero movies go I think this one is terrific. Chris Hemsworth brings his character totally to life in a breathtaking way. The action sequences are first rate and I love that there is humour throughout. Totally enjoyable and re-watchable.
on March 21, 2014
Thor has become my favourite Avenger. The special effects were just awesome. I can't be the only one who wants to take a trip to Asgard after watching this.