summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Home All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on October 31, 2011
Image

The picture quality is so sharply exact, so rich in colour and jewel tones, so disturbingly free of artifacts and noise, you'll swear you're watching it in the theater on its original release.

Audio

Solid and clean. If there's just one thing I'd have wanted is uncompressed PCM, in the original stereo presentation. Seeing as they split the film on to two large BDs (which I personally have no issue with) I'm confident they could have added this.

Packaging

Reeeeely nice. Clean, classy, and all items are easy to access. A richly developed companion book and diary is included.

Everything about this re-release is worth every penny.
on March 19, 2012
An excellent film. I think the "making of" documentaries have given me a greater appreciation for all the work involved in making an epic. I only wish they made films like this today. - JL
on July 1, 2012
Uniquely packaged and worth the money. We have not watched the entire program but this is definitely a beautiful movie that must be seen in HD to really appreciate all the colour and grandeur of this epic story. Charlton Heston is wonderful in this movie as he is in others he has made along this theme. He seemed to be the only one to cast in these strong rolls and I could not imagine anyone else playing these parts. Highly recommend this beatifully packaged Blu-ray Collector's Edition. You will not regret adding this to your collections of other epic movies.
on December 30, 2011
There is definitely a big difference between the Ultimate Collector's Edition and the "old" format versions, the colors seemed improved as well as the audio, there is more clarity in the images. There is hours of entertaining material about how the movie was made and some history regarding the first Ben Hur movies, images and even some video from almost 90 yrs ago !. The package also comes with a copy of C. Heston's journal, what a treat ! and a book with news, pictures from the set and premieres around the world. Very much worth the price !
on June 23, 2014
I LOVE my BEN-HUR {50TH Anniversary Collector's Edition Gift-Box}...I'm a Collector-Of-Things...And...ONE of the THINGS I collect...Is MOVIES...I only wish They had THE-TEN-COMMANDMENTS...In the same Gift-Box...At the same Price...Also Spastics...And OTHER movies like them...

JUST-A-SIMPLE-MAN

CANADA
City-To-The
88 OLYMPICS
on January 13, 2014
Terrifie combination! Thanks not just for the widescreen edition of the movie, but also for all the extras. Great value.
on July 10, 2013
This is a classic and you get so much for a great price. I would highly recommend it to anyone that loves this movie.
on April 19, 2014
Arrived in great condition. It is a really nice set, and I love the goodies that came with the movie.
on January 3, 2012
What a great product for the price. The colour in this version is spectacular. This is the best quality restoration I have ever seen...and I've seen many! On top of that this story and its production is well worth watching again and again. I strongly recommend this product.
on December 8, 2011
have this blue like you have own treasure. with 3 disc blu-ray you can compare with u dvd. very high definition picture like have laundry .. :) very clear and look shrap. with all collector like book and the others.
so i am glad have this item with low prizes