march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: DVD|Change

on August 28, 2011
Having just finished watching season 8, I am not optimistic about NCIS.
I feel the quality has dropped and stories are getting repetitive.

I used to be a huge fan, but aside from a few stand alone episodes, this season was only so-so for me. I really liked about only 60% of episodes. Thus, the 3 stars.
The whole "Port to Port" killer saga, for one, was a mess that started in an interesting hook but didn't really make sense as to serial killer patterns go. I think they should keep away from multi-episode over-complicated storylines, and focus on the stand-alone episodes which is what they do best IMHO.

SPOILER ALERT!

The death of a beloved long-running supporting character was useless and poorly done, on both the emotional level and as an end to move the story.

I mean, two episodes in a row with the same plot device (death of a former partner)?!?!
Come on!!! There is got to more ways to get emotions and a good story going!

The fact that the season ends with yet again Tony DiNozzo being asked by his superiors to act secretly on a special mission that the rest of the team has no clue about, is more than dejà vu. It's smells of "been there, done that" and that is often the death of a long running series.
It doesn't bode well for season 9.
Too bad. I really liked those guys.
on June 24, 2013
Enjoy NCIS very much and wanted to make sure that we didn't miss any episodes, so DVD is great. Can watch the episodes at our pace. Order, as always, came in a timely manner and price was very good.
on June 29, 2013
The series is consistently excellent and the characters are drawn beautifully. It's the character interaction that's as much of the attraction of the series as the police procedural stuff.
on September 24, 2011
I really liked the character development this season. There was a bit of reptition in love interests for Agent McGee, but a love interest for Ziva was well timed, since she is now an agent of NCIS. The reflection back to the days when Kate was around was an interesting episode. The writing was good and storylines consistent and not especially easy to figure out the episode endings. The ending was not as suspenseful as other years, but am looking forward to next season.
on April 24, 2013
I really enjoyed this product. I have to get season nine soon. I already have season's one through eight. They are all great
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 16, 2015
CBS has struck gold with this amazing series. Now in it's 13th season, this show just keeps setting the bar. It never disappoints and always entertains. If you are patient, the individual seasons can come out as low as under $12! That makes for extraordinary value for a series of this calibre. I can't get enough and when the family starts watching, it becomes a marathon. So happy to have them...
on October 5, 2011
I Looove NCIS and this season did not disappoint. I cannot watch it as it comes on TV so I have to wait until it comes to the stores on DVD. This is very hard, at times. : I love to watch them while I bake. It keeps me on my toes and thinking. I never like it, though when Vance makes trouble for Gibbs and his team. I hope that they will not change the team for a long time to come!
on April 12, 2015
This is the one series my whole family watches no matter what episode comes on. The characters are like family, some liked better than others but family none the less. Thank you for the entertainment.
on October 2, 2011
I think this is one of the best TV shows ever and really appreciated the seller's pricing, packaging, and fast, fast service. Excellent and I would buy again from them. Thanks.
on January 10, 2014
I have enjoyed other series with these actors in them that I thought I'd add this one to my collection. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but I am sure it will be great.