4.0 out of 5 stars Works well so far
Published 19 months ago by Derek Horsman

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Recumbent - but a bit shakey
I use my Schwinn 250 almost every day. I had a 215 for the past eight years, and enjoyed the quality of the Schwinn Recumbents.

Published 8 months ago by Charles Dimov

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well so far, Jan. 7 2013
This review is from: Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike (Sports)
Put together just before Christmas. I have used it several times and one of my kids uses the bike daily. Both of us log 1/2 hr to 1+ hr on it. For what we have used so far, and most of the time it is manual mode, we are quite happy. I don't have an issue with the display like other reviews, perhaps Schwinn improved it. Delivery was a bit longer than I expected, but I think that may have been due to the time of the year. Have not got the heart rate monitor to work, but perhaps I didn't get the wiring set up correctly when I built it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great, May 4 2013
This review is from: Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike (Sports)
I purchased this exercise bike and so far - I think it's great for the price. I am very happy with my choice. The delivery was great. And I'm peddaling myself into better shape. I can put my ipad on the rest and read, or watch tv and the time just ticks off and it's just what i was looking for.
I can't read on a treadmill, or an upright bike, or an elliptical...but I can here :) which is better than getting bored and quitting exercising - which is what I was doing. Yea.... go out there and get one.... do it :) get healthy, get better knees, it is a proven good thing for your body. It takes time for results of course - but it'll be worth it

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, March 8 2013
Robert B. Beauchamp (Chateauguay, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike (Sports)
Easy to assemble, works great I have been using it every day and it does the job well. I have no problem recommending this bike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bike, Feb. 28 2013
This review is from: Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike (Sports)
This is a great bike. The price was right. It has all the bells and whistles we were looking for. Comfortable and adjustable. I would recommend this bike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Two damaged bikes, Jan. 22 2013
This review is from: Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike (Sports)
We looked into a recumbent bike as my husband has bad knees and equipment like a treadmill are too high impact for him. This bike had good reviews (on more sites than just Amazon) and it was offered by Amazon at a price we were willing to pay to try out this type of equipment.

We were so disappointed when the bike arrived damaged. The plastic case around the flywheel took some kind of impact and was shattered. It was not too surprising to open the box and see the bike was damaged given the look of the box when it arrived. Amazon immediately offered a full refund, we only had to return it to them via Canada Post. They also said they would ship us a replacement bike by Friday (I spoke to them on a Wednesday evening). We printed the postal authorization labels they emailed, packed up the bike and went to a Canada Post main depot. Canada Post refused the package as it was well over their weight limit. We hauled the bike back home and I contacted Amazon again. After apologizing, they said I had to return the bike using a courier of my choosing and they would refund the cost. It took a bit of a leap of faith to do this (especially because the cheapest courier option was $260 - half the cost of the bike!), but the refund was processed within 4 business days of us shipping the bike back.

The second bike arrived on Friday as promised, but it too was damaged! It was clear that the packing material around the flywheel was inadequate as the damage had occured here twice. The damage was less severe on the second bike so my husband put it together, repairing the damage as best he could. The bike seemed to work normally so we opted to keep it, with Amazon granting us a 20% refund for the cosmetic damage. Amazon's handling of the problem with both bikes was excellent. There was always an apology and a solution offered. The only complaint I might have is that as a company who deals with the shipping of goods, they should probably know the limits of Canada Post and be able to prevent customers from hauling large items to the post office that will be refused.

My husband likes the bike after several uses. I seem to have a harder time finding a comfortable position on it, perhaps he, being long legged suits it better or I just need to experiment more with positioning. It has a relatively comfortable seat and some nice features like a cup holder, a place for your book or ereader and a storage basket underneath. The screen is easy to understand and offers good details on your workout. The bike seems fairly sturdy, but the upper portions do seem to wobble a little when you increase your workout intensity (not enough to spill your drink!).

My only warning is about the potential damage in the shipping process. After our second bike arrived damaged, Amazon said they would have to pull the item off their site and review the shipping procedures to see if they could stop the problem; hopefully this was done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bike pretty good-exercise still sucks, June 26 2014
This review is from: Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike (Sports)
Overall this is decent bike for the price paid. I needed something that wouldn't hurt my butt or back too much and this does the trick. The speakers are fairly sad, as is the fan, but those weren't the main features I needed. It seems to be holding up, but I imagine it could use a "tune up" at some point. If this bike could have made me enjoy exercise, I would have probably given it 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Recumbent Bike, Dec 10 2013
This review is from: Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike (Sports)
We received this bike in good condition with assembly instructions that were easily understood. It went together quickly and was ready to use within an hour. The frame is well built and sturdy. Our son a little over 300 pounds and 6' 8" uses it daily and finds it is great and would recommend it to anyone wanting a well built recumbent bike. He fids the seat strong and comfortable. The function keypad is easy to use allowing many different levels of tension and time settings. The handlebars are well placed for comfort and heart monitoring.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Recumbent - but a bit shakey, Dec 7 2013
Charles Dimov (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike (Sports)

Although I like the Schwinn 250, I find it less stable than the 215. This is the result of having the bar connecting the seat to the cycling unit - on the ground. The 215 had it connected 40 cm off the ground (you had to step over it to get on). This change is convenient for getting on and off, but makes the bike less stable.

I was amazed that Amazon shipped such a heavy unit right to your door - FULL marks there.

Easy to assemble - takes about an hour.

Good set of options and resistance levels - but not great. The older model seemed to have a higher resistance level. I was expecting higher resistance levels on the newer model - but was disappointed. The display should also have been made larger(wider) for more refined options. This is their top of the line model in Canada - and it can use some improvement on the computer side (it is functional - but as a power user I wanted more).

The tray under the seat is very handy. I store my additional clean exercise clothes there.

Overall a solid buy. I definitely recommend it. It is a sturdy and well build unit - despite my nit-picky commentary on enhancing some of the features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded our expectations, Oct. 15 2013
This review is from: Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike (Sports)
Before buying this exercise bike, we decided to try a recumbent bike at our local Y.
My wife was undecided because the seat was uncomfortable.
We went ahead and bought the Schwinn 250 to try it out. The seat is very comfortable,
and my wife enjoys working out on it. Very solid bike, fairly easy to assemble.
Easy to set up workout programs.
Two speed Fan and speakers quality is poor as expected after reading reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, Sept. 15 2013
This review is from: Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike (Sports)
The fan is kind of useless in my opinion because it doesn't blow in the right direction, but I considered it an unnecessary luxury anyway. The bike was super easy to put together, it's quiet and it has lots of cool options. Worth every penny!

Schwinn 250 Recumbent Bike