Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

on April 16, 2012
This vintage-look stereo is very disappointing. The radio sound was hardly better than a clock radio and the wood is solid and polished but the finishes are most likely laser cut (and not properly sanded). Knobs are cheap yellow plastic not rubber or metal. It doesn't have ports to hook up speakers or headphones. If you squint or look at it from a distance it does look like an antique but as a usable stereo, it is not great. I had trouble with reception and I returned it. Amazon has a stellar return policy by the way.
on July 27, 2012
This is a nice piece in an antique room/house but not a good system. The sound quality is awful it sounds weak and scratchy. Do not buy this item.
on March 2, 2012
I just bought this system, and it's a great addition to any decors and gives a great sound (which I'm surprised !) I tought that this was mostly a nostalgia piece that would work OK, but instead it's a great entertainment system... Realy loves it!!
on February 24, 2012
Received this old-style radio/player yesterday. Tested CD, the tone is so incredibly rich, I could not believe it. Don't know what the reason for it. The box shape, the real wood, who knows?! I actually was surprised, did not expect it. All the songs seemed so real, like you hear the real human voice in your room. One piece of advice though, first put CD in, and after that turn ON the whole player. In this case the player wouldn't seek for CD when it's not in a tray. Does not play mp3, I think, I didn't test, I have everything on standard CDs. I prefer it this way (the regular CDs). Tested the radio, 96.3, Classical Music channel. Works good too. The price is so incredibly law, just the old-fashioned box itself should probably cost more. It creates the atmosphere of 50s in my room (as in Back to the Future movie), I like it. In general, it's probably not for the modern youth, but definitely for all the people who have some nostalgia over that 50-60s when everything was simplier and much less technological than now.