Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle boutiques-francophones Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports summer Tools Registry

on December 27, 2012
This was a gift for my in-laws who are friends with some Amish families. We watched it together, and several times during the show they pointed out things they thought were quite authentic based on their experience. They really enjoyed it, and later that evening started investigating if there were more available.
on January 2, 2013
I gave it 4 stars because I thought the story, the acting and the production were well done.
I appreciated the respect that it showed to the Amish people. It showed the shunning for what it is. It is part of their belief system and its roots are grounded in love and I felt that came through in the film. To me it is a truly beautiful story. Secrets can cause very deep hurts, the secret in this story has so many levels that makes it sad, because there is no right answer, you just have to do the best you can with the situation.
on October 31, 2011
This is a really well done movie, similar enough to the book, but as the book is only one of three in a series, so this movie just starts the story. Hopefully there will be a movie following which will continue the story. Then I would put it up to five stars. A nice Amish story for those who like such.
on September 24, 2013
The story line follows the book but likes to mess around with the timing of everything - which I don't overly appreciate.

Also, this is about the Amish - they don't call their parents by regular titles, last I checked - it just could have had more research put into the movie to make it more realistic.

Not a bad movie, just not great.

Book was better and the whole series best out of the bunch!
on April 25, 2014
I enjoyed the book, as I do all of Beverley Lewis' books, so much that I wanted to see if the movie measured up. It does. The story line, in the book, is much more complicated than what appears in the movie, however, the director keeps very close to the original plot. I actually bought this for our church library - it's the only one they didn't have - so many people will be able to enjoy it.
on May 4, 2013
It showed me a side of Amish Life thatis not like others I personally could not live that style with out all the ammenties But if they are happy that way then it is their right to live that way
on December 30, 2012
I really enjoyed this movie. I love books and movies about the Amish people they are fascinating. I realized after that I had already seen the movie but it was still good.
on March 19, 2012
I am always amazed when i find a movie that has good values and is family oriented, something that my whole family can watch and this one did not disappoint.
on April 28, 2013
This movie hasn't stayed on the shelf since I purchased it. Very well done and has received great reviews from anyone who has watched it.
on May 16, 2013
Very much enjoy this type of story, have watch others similar and they were all good. More for adults, but very enjoyable.