5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Difference Already Since March 1st!
Published on March 21 2012 by Best Bang for Buck Shopper

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting documentary, not necessarily revolutionary
I will preface this by saying that I have recently become a vegan, and before that I was a vegetarian for nine years. This means that a lot of the information presented in the film I had either heard before, or had little trouble believing was true.

The premise of the film is to focus on the work (and lives) of two researchers who started working decades ago to...
Published on Oct. 14 2011 by Sally Seton

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Difference Already Since March 1st!, March 21 2012
This review is from: Forks Over Knives (DVD)
I have had Celiac Disease and have been on a gluten free diet since my 20s so no cake, cookies, bread, crackers, sandwiches or fast food restaurants for me. In replacing all the goodies I missed out on, I was a heavy consumer of meat and dairy products, potatoes, fruit, vegetables and candy. I am now 52 and my weight was stable at 130 lbs. until I hit 45 years of age.

I have extremely high cholesterol, and fatiqued most of the time at 5'6 and 162 lbs., without the consumption of junk food. My dad had a quadruple bypass at age 80 and began researching the link between nutrition and disease. He found this video and urged all 6 of his children to consider watching it. I ordered this, the book and the China Study and embarked on this diet March 1st.

Aside from weighing in 10 lbs. less, 20 days later without exercise or hunger pains,the benefits I have noticed are many. I have tons of energy, and a general sense of well-being with no more cravings for sweets (candy was my weakness). I now am motivated to go for walks and begin to exercise more than I have been. I decided to give it 3 months of faithfully sticking to it then get my cholesterol checked again. I managed to get my doctor to agree to let me try to address my cholesterol before putting me on Lipitrol. There is no counting calories and the reason for my choice is based on it is not a diet but a way of eating that is healthy and prevents as well as reverse disease.

If you are sick of sitting on the couch watching other people live, this will at the least give you motivation to try something different to what you have been doing. At this price, these doctors are not getting rich on this video or the book but sharing what they have found to be true and back the China Study which is the largest study ever done on the link between nutrition and disease involving 200 plus counties in China. The rich were dieing of western diseases based on their consumption of our foods while the poor could not afford them and were thriving.

I am very grateful to my dad for caring enough about his children to research this topic so thoroughly on our behalf. Thanks dad!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!, July 30 2012
This review is from: Forks Over Knives (DVD)
I LOVE this dvd! (My friend has the book & says it has fabulous recipes). I have watched it 3 times already. What I love about it is how it's so educational & it uses health & science to prove the benefits of a plant based diet. I think a lot of books/dvd's etc can have graphic information/images about the horrors of the animal side to it, which turns a lot of people off, because lets be honest, it's scary & upsetting...whether you eat meat or not)...but FOK doesn't have anything upsetting like that, it appeals to the intellectual side of us. It is presented in a clear & easy to understand manner. It educates us on how the Standard American Diet is the leading cause of so many deadly diseases. It busts some myths about protein & calcium too. I just can't say enough good things about this video. My friend who is a "devote" carnivore watched it & was very impressed by it & it has changed her perception of how & what she eats. I think it is our job to take responsibility of what we put into our bodies by educating ourselves about food & where it comes from. And questioning things like WHY HAS cancer/diabetes/heart disease gone up so much in the last few decades. This movie is positive & educational & SO WELL done. Because of it, I got The Engine 2 Diet & have just started that. So far loving that too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, May 28 2012
This review is from: Forks Over Knives (DVD)
I watched it four times! changed my life! Interesting and a refreshing change to promoting a plant strong diet. With no mention of animal cruelty. A positive
experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars This documentary will change your life!, Feb. 9 2012
This review is from: Forks Over Knives (DVD)
I was absolutely blown away with the wealth of information. I think its the most comprehensive movie on the subject in 2012. I'm looking forward to sharing it with my loved ones and friends :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Forks Over Knives, Dec 9 2011
Wini - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Forks Over Knives (DVD)
I had heard that Forks Over Knives was a film that would open my eyes to the truth behind our food supply.
It did that and much more.
This is a film I recommend to everyone who has sat at their table 'in the dark' about our meat etc. and how it arrives on our plates.
You owe it to yourself to find out. My copy is now circulating among friends. When it returns I will watch it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 16 2013
This review is from: Forks Over Knives (DVD)
Very much an eye opener. Must viewing for the "dieters". Highly recommended for all who want to gain control of their life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Common sense diet, Nov. 15 2011
This review is from: Forks Over Knives (DVD)
A real eye opener. This documentary was a real surprise to my wife and I. Since watching our diet has changed removing meat and dairy products by I'd say 90%. This has changed how we feel. My Asthma is rare now. Lost about 10lbs. Why is that we feed our Dogs better then our children and ourselves??

5.0 out of 5 stars Save a life, perhaps (hopefully) many ... see this video!!, Sept. 19 2011
This is potentially the most life-altering video you will ever see. If you want to live a long and healthy life, and seek that for your loved ones, SEE THIS VIDEO. This could be the greatest gift you can ever give yourself, your family, or friends. You CAN improve your health radically through diet (EATING THE RIGHT FOODS) and very modest/moderate exercise. For the $20 price this video could and CAN save lives .... start with yours.

The information is science-based ... at the highest possible levels. This is not quackery ... rather absolute truth and in many respects VERY deeply shocking, Save lives, start with yours, SEE THIS VIDEO ... then do the walk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yup, May 13 2013
This review is from: Forks Over Knives (DVD)
Always knew that dairy was not good for you and this will give you much food for thought.
Spend an evening with your spouse and family and learn so much. I recommend Fat-Sick-and nearly Dead as a second choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars This movie is amazing!, April 21 2013
This review is from: Forks Over Knives (DVD)
I would recommend this to anyone interested in taking control of their health. It is a powerful movie and incredibly well done.

Forks Over Knives
Forks Over Knives (DVD - 2011)
Out of stock