Most helpful positive review
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
"Batman:Year One (2011) ... Frank Miller's Graphic Novel Comes To Life (4.5 stars)"
on October 18, 2011
Warner Bros.Animation and DC Comics presents "BATMAN:YEAR ONE" (2011) - (64 min/Color) -- Starring: Bryan Cranston, Benjamin McKenzie, Eliza Dushku, Jon Polito, Alex Rocco, Katee Sackhoff, Jeff Bennett, Saratoga Ballentine
Directed by Lauren Montgomery, Sam Liu
Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli's seminal comic book series, Batman: Year One, follows the original story of the graphic novel series, makes its way to the animated small screen with this Warner Premiere production. Enjoy the panel by panel illustrations, brings into focus that Batman is now being targeted more than ever to the adult readers. This Warner Premiere movie is totally aimed for the fans of the graphic novel. Gave me chills to see this on the screen, as this has always been one of my favorite tales from the Dark Knight years.
The story follows James Gordon (voice: Bryan Cranston) during his early years on the force just as the vigilante Batman (voice: Ben McKenzie) targets both the corrupt police officials and the crime-ridden streets for a clean-up - another good voice supporting cast Eliza Dushku (voice: Selina Kyle / Catwoman), Jon Polito (voice: Commissioner Loeb), Alex Rocco (voice: Carmine Falcone), Katee Sackhoff (voice: Sarah Essen), Jeff Bennett (voice: Alfred), Saratoga Ballentine (voice: Skeevers' Attorney) - Job well done!
For product description and editorial review check this out on the Amazon site above my review
* Special Footnote: -- Some outstanding reviews by other reviewers on this page, very detailed and informing, invite you to read them and vote "yes", if you agree ... DC Comics and Warner Bros. Animation should follow-up with another original movie 'Dark Knight Returns', with the same professional staff and or similar voice actors.
** Take Note: -- One lone reviewer is way off and a downer, he should re-read the graphic novel again, or if he ever did.
1. 'Justice Leagues:Doom' (sneak peek)
DC Universe's Next Animated Original Movie
2. 'All-Star Superman' (sneak peek)
3. 'Green Lantern:Emerald Knights' (sneak peek)
4. 'DCU Application' (download digital comics trailer)
5. 'Thundercats' (trailer)
6. 'Looney Tunes Platinum Collection' (trailer)
7. 'Young Justice' (trailer)
DC SHOWCASE PRESENTS:
1. 'CATWOMAN' (15 minutes)
Mr. Jim's Ratings:
Quality of Picture & Sound: 4 1/2 Stars
Performance: 4 1/2 Stars
Story & Screenplay: 4 1/2 Stars
Overall: 4 1/2 Stars [Original Music, Cinematography & Film Editing]
Total Time: 64 min on DVD ~ Warner Bros.Animation/DC Comics ~ (October 18, 2011)