1,207 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for nirvana`s fans. A lot of ...
A must have for nirvana`s fans. A lot of exclusive material that allows you to understand why this album has changed music. Allows you to understand a little more Kurt`s mind and shows you who it was done.
Published 14 days ago by Gregório Pampaloni

2.0 out of 5 stars How do you screw this up?
I have been listening to Nirvana since 92, collecting every thing I could, both official on non-official. My mouth was watering over this release since I now only buy vinyl records...but then I listened to it.

Published on Oct. 27 2011 by Matt Williams

2.0 out of 5 stars How do you screw this up?, Oct. 27 2011
Matt Williams "Matt Williams" (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews

My main problem is with LP 1 (Nevermind Remastered) - This is the worst of it (It's all pretty bad though). Compared to my 2009 pressing, the cymbals have been nearly stripped of their presence. The beauty of Dave's crashing has been flattened down. It all sounds more like a badly mixed CD than a high quality vinyl. I thought my ears were playing tricks on me so pulled the remaster off my turntable and threw on my 2009 copy. While the new one made my ears ache, the original drew me right through to the end of a side, like it always does. The new version is devoid of any depth and there are obvious clipping issues. I'm afraid to turn this thing up for fear of that awful overdriven distortion creeping in. Kurt's vocals on parts of Lithium sound especially bad, artificially distorting. I didn't believe it on the first listen, but after comparing to the original there is no mistaking it. I'm am no expert but this does not sound like it is even analog sourced. The 2009 vinyl edition was remastered from the original analog master tapes. Buy this while you still can.

Aside from this, the track listing shows UME has no idea what a person listening to vinyl records wants. Boombox demos are unnecessary on a audiophile medium, but they took it further and split them across 2 records. Logic would tell you they could have been on one separate LP so you could listen to it once and put it aside, but hey, what do I know?

For the other material, I'm willing to settle since it's the only way you are going to get this rare material on vinyl. The highlight is actually the last side of the last record. Early versions of Drain You, Something in the Way (loud as hell, in a good way) and the standard Endless Nameless.

All in all, this could have been so much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for nirvana`s fans. A lot of ..., July 18 2014
This review is from: Nevermind (Super Deluxe Edition 4CD + DVD) (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars nirvana!, June 27 2014
This review is from: Nevermind (Remastered) (Audio CD)
Who doesn't love nirvana? Very nice case it came with pics of the band which I pulled out for my wall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Half a lifetime ago, but it still sounds fresh to my ears, Feb. 23 2014
Steven Aldersley (Oshawa, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Nevermind (Remastered) (Audio CD)
I think that Nevermind changed the way that some of us thought about music in the 90s. For the first time in years, we had a new type of music to discover. Grunge came and went, but Nirvana will always be popular, I think. There was a good variation in their music, some of it soulful, some noise for the sake of it, all of it interesting. This is my favorite of theirs, the stand out track being Smells Like Teen Spirit. Interestingly enough, Kurt Cobain admitted freely that this was a Pixies rip off. It always makes me feel upbeat when I put this album on.

5.0 out of 5 stars sounds great!!, Feb. 19 2014
everyone complains about the sound quality on the anniversary lp pressing. I think it sounds fantastic, I have a pretty good system too so maybe I just got a great press

5.0 out of 5 stars a classic...., Jan. 21 2014
This review is from: Nevermind (Vinyl) (LP Record)
I don't think it is possible to overestimate the importance of this album. Better people than I have already made the point so I will not belabour it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great seller !!, Dec 4 2013
great .thank you !! arrived on time and just as ordered..awesome records someone will be verry happy to get those for christmas !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The album that changed rock n' roll forever., Feb. 3 2005
This review is from: Nevermind (Audio CD)
1991. I was 12 years old and had no interest in music what so ever. Then I heard Smells Like Teen Spirit and it changed everything. Its a time I will never forget. Nothing sounded better at the time. These loud angry songs that just allowed you space to just loose it. All the songs are great and all have something to give. Time has not diminished the power of this album. Teen Spirit, In Bloom, Come As You Are, and Lithium only scratch the surface of what you will hear. Lounge Act, Drain You, Stay Away, and Breed are amazing powerful songs. And Something In The Way, a nice, quiet and beautiful song. An interesting way to end an album that brought anger and passion back into rock. Rarely does an album come out that changes everything so completely. This is one to those rare albums that did it. Just like people still talk about Highway 61 Revisited by Bob Dylan or Sgt. Pepper by the Beatles fourty years from now people will still be talking about Nevermind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily 5 stars, March 25 2005
This review is from: Nevermind (Audio CD)
Do not read pointless 1 star reviews with "Nevermind" because here's what you really need to know:
1) "Nevermind" is one of the most original and exciting rock CD's ever recorded. (1991 release)
2) The mainstream back then was actually somewhat good since rock was the #1 music on the airwaves and you had bands like Metallica, Soundgarden, Guns N Roses, Pearl Jam, and Alice In Chains all in their primes.
3) Nirvana did NOT kill the music industry. The fact is every band who has come after them has totally sucked in trying to duplicate their sound.
4) Did I say it's original? Unlike now with us living in the dark ages of music.
As for "Nevermind", you can easily listen to the entire album as a whole. The first half of this album is literally perfect and the second side is nearly as good. The obvious classic is "Smells Like Teen Spirit" but evey other song is just as strong. This CD put grunge on the map along with Pearl Jam's "Ten", and Soundgarden's "Badmotorfinger". A definite must buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHY CAN'T I GIVE IT 10 STARS, July 16 2004
RockBoi (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nevermind (Audio CD)
the main point of this review is to tell you lovely people that this album - Nevermind by Nirvana, is the greatest album that has ever been produced and that ever will be produced. All this talk of how Pearl Jam's Ten is a better record is absolutely rubbish. Don't get me wrong, 'Ten' IS a great album, but is nothing compared to the pure brilliance of Kurt Cobain (R.I.P.), Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic. Of course most people will note 'Teen Spirit' as the stand-out track, but I beg to differ. As good as 'Teen Spirit' is - I beleive 'Something In The Way' to be a more revealing song. It talks of Kurt's supposed time living under a bridge in Aberdeen, Washington and is a genuinly moving song. This group of three - Kurt Cobain (greatest musician ever), Dave Grohl (greatest drummer ever) and Krist Novoselic (greatest unrecognised hero ever), have produced an album of pure intensity and passion that in my mind - and hopefully in many other minds, is the greatest album EVER !

Nevermind (Super Deluxe Edition 4CD + DVD)
Nevermind (Super Deluxe Edition 4CD + DVD) by Nirvana (Audio CD - 2011)