TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 9, 2016
These plates are perfect for our Griddler. Easy to install, easy to clean (we really love the OXO Good Grips Electric Grill and Panini Press Brush, works really well on the Griddler plates) This is my second set of Griddler Waffle Plates - I love them so much that they were worth buying again but here are three things I learned that may prevent you from buying a second set in the future:

1. The instructions state to spray the plates with non-stick spray prior to use. Do not do this. The plates are already made from high-quality non-stick material and this step is not necessary - in fact it will make the plates eventually an unusable sticky mess. In my experience, using non-stick spray ruins these plates because eventually they will not work properly and you will have to scrape to remove the waffles which by then are a giant pile of cooked batter mess.

2. Do not run through the dishwasher. Again, the instructions state that these are dishwasher safe, but save your bucks and handwash these plates! I'm not sure which of these two ultimately lead to the demise of my first set, but I can't think that a high-heat wash setting in the dishwasher did much to help either. Carefully hand wash (again we use the OXO Good Grips Electric Grill and Panini Press Brush and/or a Norwex cloth with great results)

3. So obvious, but DO NOT use anything but the rubber spatula that came with your Griddler to remove waffles. Period. If you scratch the surface, start saving for another set! Speaking from experience, without thinking I removed waffles with a fork here and there - knicking the surface a few times and it became a big deal when the surface began to rust and peel after washing. Something about serving food cooked on peeling & rusting surfaces isn't really appealing to me :)

Although it may be a little time-consuming, it is worth it every time to preserve these quality plates! I can see them lasting many years when properly cared for.
on January 19, 2015
These are the 'answer' to making Waffles. Easy, non-stick plates, and can be removed for quick cleaning. Just a light spray with PAM on initial use. They come with a recipe booklet. The only regret I have is that these plates were not included with my Cuisinart Griddler! Also, with these plates, you can make 4 waffles at once. Just pour one heaping cup of batter on the centre point and spread it evenly over the plates -- in 3 to 4 minutes, your done! Can hardly wait to make another batch of Waffles. I might even try to make Mashed Potato Waffles. Recommend these plates, very highly, even if you have to buy them separately from the Griddler!
on September 7, 2013
I bought these in a local store, so didn't receive the American version. These plates don't make true Belgian waffles. Belgian waffles have even bigger & deeper pockets and are made with a yeast-raised batter. Look in Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book for an overnight yeast-raised waffle batter. It takes only 10 minutes to put this together the night before, and you don't need to beat any egg whites.

Although these plates won't make a truly thick Belgian waffle, they don't make your skinny commercial frozen waffle either. Plus the larger waffle grid pattern makes these plates easier to clean than a finer grid pattern.

I make waffles a lot (I bought this to replace a 20-year-old electric waffle maker that finally failed), so here is some feedback from my first batch of waffles with the Griddler waffle plates:

I had some problems attaching the plates at first until I realized that the hooks for the Griddler are meant to go through the holes in the plates, not attach to the dents in the back of the plates. That's different from the way that the flat plates and grill plates that came with the Griddler are attached, which threw me because I've used my Griddler for years and, well, it was early in the morning when I first tried this. It was easy to put the plates on once I realized my mistake.

Spray the plates with cooking spray in the sink before attaching them to the Griddler to reduce cooking spray mess. Spray the plates then rotate 180 degrees and spray again to get coverage of all the little grooves and bumps.

The instructions in the manual for cooking time and temperature are very good - roughly 3 mins at 400F. However, if you use the recommended 1.5 cups of batter, it may overflow. Worked well for me with 1 cup of batter per waffle. Spread the batter around gently with the bottom of your ladle to reach the corners.

When you lower the top plate onto the bottom, use your pancake flipper (or anything else that's handy) to push away the top edge of the top plate so that the bottom edge of the top plate touches the bottom plate. In other words, when you close the Griddler, you want it to be like closing a book, so that the top plate doesn't slide across the top of the batter when you close it. You can choose to push the top down firmly for a few seconds, to make thinner waffles, or just let it rest on top of the batter, for thicker waffles.

If you have leftover waffles, put them in a zippered freezer bag. Fold back the open edge so that the bag stays open. Let them sit on the counter to cool off and dry out for about an hour before you zip them up and pop them in the freezer, so that they're not soaking wet from ice crystals when you reheat them later.
on March 17, 2016
i guess it's my fault for not confirming...but it did not fit my cuisinart griddler. I did not think that they come in different sizes, well I guess they do. Confirm that it will fit yours before you buy. I had to return it -I never got a chance to try it. So the 1 star is for me, not the product :(
on December 28, 2011
ordered the canadian model number CGR-WAFPC - received the american model and they don't fit. (GR-WAFP). The box says CGR, the instruction book says CGR, but not the actual plates - they are just GR. I already have one set of the american ones we bought with the griddler that are useless. Not happy with the bait and switch of the model numbers. They don't stay attached to the machine. Even Cuisinart makes it clear they are not inter-changable plates. I want to make waffles.
I should say this is an Amazon/supplier problem. Can't actually comment on the product itself as its useless right now.
on December 29, 2015
Like another reviewer has stated, these are useless add they don't even fit the machine. They're an inch too small all the way around. And of course the ones I actually need are $35 more! Wtf? Not happy. Spend $200 on a "6-in-1" griddler only to find that the 5-in-one actually comes with all the plates you need. Ok, my mistake spending the extra for a *better* one. Then try to buy them separately and they don't fit! Not happy.
on April 28, 2016
Still perfecting our recipe, but now producing pretty damn good waffles. It can take a few runs at it, and make sure you turn it way up so its hot enough. Maybe not quite as good as a dedicated machine, but also takes up less space than a separate machine - which is exactly why I went this route!! Use our Cuisinart Griddler at least weekly in our house.
on October 28, 2014
Received these as a gift… and we love them. We used our Cuisinart Griddler all summer for paninis, and now the waffle attachment is a great way to have another "appliance" without taking up more space in our small kitchen. The plates attached easily to our Canadian Cuisinart (the hooks go INTO the holes) and warm pretty evenly across the surface of the plate. The non-stick feature is great, the waffle batter did not stick to the plates at all, even without oiling them. Clean-up was incredibly easy, because the non-stick surface is so effective there was nothing to clean. The waffles themselves were impressively thick with deep pockets… they look quality and homemade, and were not at all like the thin cheap frozen waffles you can buy at the grocery store. We used our own super-healthy batter, and the waffles were satisfying and delicious! I'd advise new users to pour 1 cup of batter over the plates, to provent batter from spilling out the sides. Also, it's best to leave the Cuisinart closed for the full 3 minutes to allow the waffles to cook through. A few times when we "peeked" the waffles weren't ready and fell apart. All-in-all, my household and our brunch guests all agreed that the waffle plates were great and that the waffles themselves were fantastic.
on June 30, 2014
My Amazon package just arrived today with my waffle plates, and a new beater for my KitchenAid stand mixer. What else could I have done but whip up some waffles after supper?

I was a bit concerned after seeing reviews that said this would not fit a Griddler purchased in Canada. I'm happy to report that my Cuisinart Griddler (that I bought from Amazon a few months ago) works just fine with these plates. The plates have the model GR-WAFP on them, although the outside of the box says CGR-WAFPC. But they are compatible with my Griddler purchased at Amazon.

The instructions say to spray with cooking spray, but I've always read that damages non-stick coatings. I have an oil mister, and used that to spray the plates and nothing stuck, the waffles came out easily. I used the basic recipe in the book that came with it, they turned out pretty good, but I'm looking forward to testing out some others. After cooling off they're no longer crisp on the outside, more like a square pancake, but I'm hoping a trip to the the toaster in the morning will crisp up the leftovers.

Editing to say that since owning this for a couple months I'm still really pleased with it, I use it regularly. Toasting leftover waffles from frozen works great, and it cleans up very easily in the sink.

I've recently discovered that it's not just for waffles. It's kind of nifty to grill a sandwich in it for something different, just spritz the outside of your bread with olive oil and maybe some balsamic vinegar and/or other seasonings. Today I grilled just some plain bread this way with the above on both sides and served poached eggs on top, those little indentations were ideal for catching your egg yolk. I've done grated potatoes and ended up with kubd of hash brown patties too. Use your imagination.
on September 14, 2011
I've used them twice and they work great. First time I had lightly hand washed them and they worked nicely without oil. Second time they needed a little oil after being run through the dishwasher. The Griddler heats evenly with good temperature control, not like the last waffle iron I had. Recommended.