Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

on September 7, 2013
I bought these in a local store, so didn't receive the American version. These plates don't make true Belgian waffles. Belgian waffles have even bigger & deeper pockets and are made with a yeast-raised batter. Look in Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book for an overnight yeast-raised waffle batter. It takes only 10 minutes to put this together the night before, and you don't need to beat any egg whites.

Although these plates won't make a truly thick Belgian waffle, they don't make your skinny commercial frozen waffle either. Plus the larger waffle grid pattern makes these plates easier to clean than a finer grid pattern.

I make waffles a lot (I bought this to replace a 20-year-old electric waffle maker that finally failed), so here is some feedback from my first batch of waffles with the Griddler waffle plates:

I had some problems attaching the plates at first until I realized that the hooks for the Griddler are meant to go through the holes in the plates, not attach to the dents in the back of the plates. That's different from the way that the flat plates and grill plates that came with the Griddler are attached, which threw me because I've used my Griddler for years and, well, it was early in the morning when I first tried this. It was easy to put the plates on once I realized my mistake.

Spray the plates with cooking spray in the sink before attaching them to the Griddler to reduce cooking spray mess. Spray the plates then rotate 180 degrees and spray again to get coverage of all the little grooves and bumps.

The instructions in the manual for cooking time and temperature are very good - roughly 3 mins at 400F. However, if you use the recommended 1.5 cups of batter, it may overflow. Worked well for me with 1 cup of batter per waffle. Spread the batter around gently with the bottom of your ladle to reach the corners.

When you lower the top plate onto the bottom, use your pancake flipper (or anything else that's handy) to push away the top edge of the top plate so that the bottom edge of the top plate touches the bottom plate. In other words, when you close the Griddler, you want it to be like closing a book, so that the top plate doesn't slide across the top of the batter when you close it. You can choose to push the top down firmly for a few seconds, to make thinner waffles, or just let it rest on top of the batter, for thicker waffles.

If you have leftover waffles, put them in a zippered freezer bag. Fold back the open edge so that the bag stays open. Let them sit on the counter to cool off and dry out for about an hour before you zip them up and pop them in the freezer, so that they're not soaking wet from ice crystals when you reheat them later.
on December 28, 2011
ordered the canadian model number CGR-WAFPC - received the american model and they don't fit. (GR-WAFP). The box says CGR, the instruction book says CGR, but not the actual plates - they are just GR. I already have one set of the american ones we bought with the griddler that are useless. Not happy with the bait and switch of the model numbers. They don't stay attached to the machine. Even Cuisinart makes it clear they are not inter-changable plates. I want to make waffles.
I should say this is an Amazon/supplier problem. Can't actually comment on the product itself as its useless right now.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 30, 2014
My Amazon package just arrived today with my waffle plates, and a new beater for my KitchenAid stand mixer. What else could I have done but whip up some waffles after supper?

I was a bit concerned after seeing reviews that said this would not fit a Griddler purchased in Canada. I'm happy to report that my Cuisinart Griddler (that I bought from Amazon a few months ago) works just fine with these plates. The plates have the model GR-WAFP on them, although the outside of the box says CGR-WAFPC. But they are compatible with my Griddler purchased at Amazon.

The instructions say to spray with cooking spray, but I've always read that damages non-stick coatings. I have an oil mister, and used that to spray the plates and nothing stuck, the waffles came out easily. I used the basic recipe in the book that came with it, they turned out pretty good, but I'm looking forward to testing out some others. After cooling off they're no longer crisp on the outside, more like a square pancake, but I'm hoping a trip to the the toaster in the morning will crisp up the leftovers.

Editing to say that since owning this for a couple months I'm still really pleased with it, I use it regularly. Toasting leftover waffles from frozen works great, and it cleans up very easily in the sink.

I've recently discovered that it's not just for waffles. It's kind of nifty to grill a sandwich in it for something different, just spritz the outside of your bread with olive oil and maybe some balsamic vinegar and/or other seasonings. Today I grilled just some plain bread this way with the above on both sides and served poached eggs on top, those little indentations were ideal for catching your egg yolk. I've done grated potatoes and ended up with kubd of hash brown patties too. Use your imagination.
on September 14, 2011
I've used them twice and they work great. First time I had lightly hand washed them and they worked nicely without oil. Second time they needed a little oil after being run through the dishwasher. The Griddler heats evenly with good temperature control, not like the last waffle iron I had. Recommended.
on October 28, 2014
Received these as a gift… and we love them. We used our Cuisinart Griddler all summer for paninis, and now the waffle attachment is a great way to have another "appliance" without taking up more space in our small kitchen. The plates attached easily to our Canadian Cuisinart (the hooks go INTO the holes) and warm pretty evenly across the surface of the plate. The non-stick feature is great, the waffle batter did not stick to the plates at all, even without oiling them. Clean-up was incredibly easy, because the non-stick surface is so effective there was nothing to clean. The waffles themselves were impressively thick with deep pockets… they look quality and homemade, and were not at all like the thin cheap frozen waffles you can buy at the grocery store. We used our own super-healthy batter, and the waffles were satisfying and delicious! I'd advise new users to pour 1 cup of batter over the plates, to provent batter from spilling out the sides. Also, it's best to leave the Cuisinart closed for the full 3 minutes to allow the waffles to cook through. A few times when we "peeked" the waffles weren't ready and fell apart. All-in-all, my household and our brunch guests all agreed that the waffle plates were great and that the waffles themselves were fantastic.
on January 19, 2015
These are the 'answer' to making Waffles. Easy, non-stick plates, and can be removed for quick cleaning. Just a light spray with PAM on initial use. They come with a recipe booklet. The only regret I have is that these plates were not included with my Cuisinart Griddler! Also, with these plates, you can make 4 waffles at once. Just pour one heaping cup of batter on the centre point and spread it evenly over the plates -- in 3 to 4 minutes, your done! Can hardly wait to make another batch of Waffles. I might even try to make Mashed Potato Waffles. Recommend these plates, very highly, even if you have to buy them separately from the Griddler!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 11, 2012
I have no idea what kind of plates does Amazon sell, as I bought both the waffle plates and the griddler from a local Canadian store. They work very well. Every time, I did wonderful waffles, using different recipes. I would say, these are the best plates of this griddle. The original griddle plate flaked its coating after approx half a year of use. I did not use the dish washer, and I always wash the plated by hand. The flat plate is still in great condition. It is true, the griddle was used more than all the other plates.
Anyway, this is a review for the waffle plates. Yes they are a great addition to a wonderful machine. They should have been included in the original package,though.
on March 31, 2012
Bought this item yeasterday i was so excited i was hoping to get rid of another apliance and get more use of my Griddler, that we love. But these plates are no replacement for our cuisinart waffle maker. The waffles are not as crispand because depth of dimples in the waffle plates is to shallow. I have been waiting a long time for these to come out but unfortunately they were not what i hoped that they would be. Also the temperature on the top and bottom of the machine is not the same so they cook really unevenly. The only good thing that i found was clean up, pop off the plates and and give them a scrub. Nice try cuisinart but not quite there. I will be returning this item today.
on May 29, 2015
My package arrived very fast and just as expected in quality. Thanks to the other reviewers who commented on the fact that the waffle plates did not attach in the same way as the grill and flat plates. I knew what to expect when putting the plates on. I have an older model griddler and was wondering whether the plates would fit. They are absolutely fine. I seasoned very carefully as directed (I wish I had been as careful with my original plates!!) and the waffles are lovely. The recipe book gave me some great ideas.
on April 7, 2014
These griddle plates are really good. They fit perfectly and produce great waffles. They are easy to clean and maintain.