5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome toy! And half the price of a Kong :)
Published 18 months ago by Hardworker1ca

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay.
My dog liked it at first, but within a week he no longer touched it.

It is a great alternative to a kong. My dog was never a fan of kongs either so I think he is just being picky. I am sure other dogs would enjoy it.

Published 11 months ago by MeNe00712

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay., July 31 2014
MeNe00712 - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
My dog liked it at first, but within a week he no longer touched it.

It did have a weird texture inside of, I washed it like crazy because I had no idea what it was. It also smelled kind of bad. After washing a lot it all went away though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome toy! And half the price of a Kong :), Dec 24 2013
What I love about this toy is that it is similar in construction to the kong but cuter and half the price :). Bailey is thoroughly enjoying it and seeks it out when she wants to play. I also really like that you can remove the rubber nubbies inside to fit more or bigger treats - very important when you have to put your pet in a kennel for a little bit, keeps them occupied. Keep up the great work :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok product. Good for the price, Sept. 19 2014
Durable rubber and keeps my dog entertained. But when it first arrived it had a strong rubber smell. Had to soak it in soapy water and let it air out for a week before giving it to my dog. Wouldn't buy again but has lasted a year and my dog chews through everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a cheap thing that will last you long and make you dog happy!, Nov. 17 2014
Compared to the Kong this is way more cheaper, but there is less space for food and it is harder to clean then a kong ! but for the price ... My dog loves them ! I fill them with baby food or my home made apple sauce and let them in the freezer ! My dog don't really play with them when there if no food inside tho ! This is a cheap thing that will last you long and make you dog happy !

1.0 out of 5 stars Chemical smell of rubber is very off-putting, June 25 2015
JR - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
As other reviewers have said, this is similar to a Kong in shape and that you can place treats in it but it is a lot softer. It has a very 'chemically' smell and I had to pull loose bits of rubber out of the interior. I tried to find information on the rubber to see what it was composed of but the only thing I found on the PetSafe website was:

"Busy Buddy toys are tested to the same standard as children's toys. They're made of thick, durable rubber and designed for the unique needs of every dog."

After washing this toy several times the smell wouldn't go away so I didn't feel comfortable allowing my dogs to chew on it. If I had I feel it would require more supervision than a Kong due to the quality of the rubber and the fact that my dogs are pretty crazy chewers (Lab and German Shepherd).

4.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting BUT...., June 29 2015
I bought this to add to my Kong collection, to stuff and freeze to give my puppy in her crate.

This is not work as a replacement for a classic Kong toy. The rubber is softer, and there are rubber prongs around the hole so any treats/food inside can't simply be licked out. This means I can't just stuff it and freeze it, but it turns out that's okay! Even though it didn't meet the requirements that I bought it for, it is still a fabulous toy, and my puppy will spend hours playing with it (picking it up, dropping it, throwing it, batting at it) in hopes that more treats will fall out, even when it's empty, so it's been a great investment that keeps her occupied!

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, Feb. 5 2012
This review is from: PetSafe Busy Buddy BB-SQRL-L-11 Large Squirrel Dude Dog Toy (Misc.)
This squirrel was a bit larger than I anticipated but that just makes it even more durable. The hole at the bottom has 4 pieces that prevent the treats from falling out. As it is, it will take a determined dog to get the treats out. Our dog is less enthusiastic so, as the package tells you that you can, we trimmed them so the treats will fall out when it rolls or is dropped. Great value for the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and functional, Sept. 6 2014
Comparable in quality to a Kong but it was cheaper (as an add-on item). I like the adjustability of the opening to suit what you are putting inside it and the size of kibble if you are using it to feed your dog his/her meals. Once you cut off any of the prongs though you can't make it difficult again, so it's good to have a few of these at different difficulty levels and for different purposes. It's also cuter than a Kong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable toys, Dec 3 2014
L. Stephen (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Holding up well so far two both my dogs (lab power chewer and rottweiler tug-of-war king). I'd suggest buying at least one for each dog and a spare for when it rolls under the couch if you don't want to crawl down right away because otherwise, my dogs get rather upset. I chose to go with the medium and both dogs seem content with that size. The lowest bulge of the body on a medium is about the size of a tennis ball.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not interested - picky Pooch, June 24 2014
I'm sure its that she isnt all that interested in food. Jack Russell poochie say neh for the Squirrel Dude.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›