march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Size: Large|Change

Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on August 2, 2015
Awesome toy. Much better than the Kongs that are similar. The Kongs are missing the tiny pieces that hold the snacks or treats in. This keeps my dog busy for a good 15 minutes, bouncing and throwing it to get whatever is on the inside out.

After most of the items are out, there are always a few pieces of kibble that no matter how hard he throws it, they are stubbornly stuck inside. He will climb up the stairs or the back of the chair to drop it from an higher level, increasing the "bounce" factor to get the remaining bits out. LOVE THIS TOY.
on March 14, 2016
I love that this is so inexpensive compared to the Kong toys, and it's uber-cute! I bought a bunch of these, removed the rubber tips and fill it and freeze it the same way as the Kong. I also bought the Puppy Squirrel Dude and left it as is, so that I can differentiate from the purple ones which were stuffed and which had kibble. He likes to throw them both around to see what will pop out!
I haven't had the same issue as some people in terms of a smell, but I do throw them into the top rack of the dishwasher after each one has been played with and they come out great.
My boy is a chewer, but he doesn't have a strong enough bite to tear these apart (a 9mo old beagle/coonhound mix), and I do like that the rubber is more malleable than a Kong so that he can step on it and break/mush up pieces inside.
I'm not going to lie - my pup is super spoiled which is why he also has the Waggle toy and Twist N' Treat which he seems to like a lot better for getting dry kibble treats out of.
on December 24, 2013
What I love about this toy is that it is similar in construction to the kong but cuter and half the price :). Bailey is thoroughly enjoying it and seeks it out when she wants to play. I also really like that you can remove the rubber nubbies inside to fit more or bigger treats - very important when you have to put your pet in a kennel for a little bit, keeps them occupied. Keep up the great work :)
on February 5, 2012
This squirrel was a bit larger than I anticipated but that just makes it even more durable. The hole at the bottom has 4 pieces that prevent the treats from falling out. As it is, it will take a determined dog to get the treats out. Our dog is less enthusiastic so, as the package tells you that you can, we trimmed them so the treats will fall out when it rolls or is dropped. Great value for the money!
on May 7, 2014
I use Kongs for my dogs treats usually but they come out way too easily even when frozen! This squirrel dude is great, you can stuff it full of small pieces of kibble (for my dogs who will do anything for kibble) and they take forever to get out. Their tongue is ineffective and they have to squeeze the sides to get the kibble to drop, or throw it around to get small pieces out. At first I was concerned that the prongs at the bottom (that keep the kibble in) would get chewed off by my dogs but they can't even reach the prongs with their teeth. Very great quality and I've since bought a second one so my dogs don't have to take turns!
on March 5, 2016
This toy is great. I have a 60 lb rough collie cross who destroys toys and gets bored rather quickly. This kept him occupied for 45 minutes the other night and he didn't even empty it all the way! No tooth marks on it after a few days of determined chewing. I don't expect it to last forever, as his teeth and jaws are pretty destructive, but so far so good! If you have a food motivated dog, this is an awesome toy. I didn't trim the "teeth" inside the toy, but I might if I decide to put treats larger than kibble in it. I wish I had bought this toy earlier!
on February 16, 2016
Mini aussie takes some time getting his food out (maybe 15-20 minutes). He really likes this squirrel dude and will throw it around to release the food. Some of his food does get stuck in it and so I have to remove it with my fingers (or a butter knife) which is a bit unpleasant.

The toy is still going strong we have had it for just over 6 months. I find that it does have a strange scent but it has faded. Be prepared for slobber as they work at getting the food out.

Squirrel dude holds about a quarter cup of food.
on September 6, 2014
Comparable in quality to a Kong but it was cheaper (as an add-on item). I like the adjustability of the opening to suit what you are putting inside it and the size of kibble if you are using it to feed your dog his/her meals. Once you cut off any of the prongs though you can't make it difficult again, so it's good to have a few of these at different difficulty levels and for different purposes. It's also cuter than a Kong.
on December 3, 2014
Holding up well so far two both my dogs (lab power chewer and rottweiler tug-of-war king). I'd suggest buying at least one for each dog and a spare for when it rolls under the couch if you don't want to crawl down right away because otherwise, my dogs get rather upset. I chose to go with the medium and both dogs seem content with that size. The lowest bulge of the body on a medium is about the size of a tennis ball.
on July 13, 2014
My dog gets many hours of entertainment out of this, and it is great that you can set the "difficulty" for yourself, I'd just suggest that you set the "difficulty" as too high first ... I set it a bit too low first, and there is no going back! You "set the difficulty" by cutting these little rubber extensions that extend over the hole in the bottom. So I'd say cut them a little bit at a time.