5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!!, Sept. 23 2012
This review is from: Jem and the Holograms: The Truly Outrageous Complete Series (DVD)
I purchased the Rhino DVD release several years ago and have been waiting for the last part of the 3rd season to be released but they never did. So this box set is great b/c it has the complete 3 seasons with bonus materials all for a very reasonable price. Where I paid the same price for just season 1 and 2. I recommend this if you are a big Jem fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Th reason for my rich childhood, Nov. 24 2013
I now understand where my infatuation with MUSIC comes from ... it's all from Jem and her gorgeous back-up all-female band, the Holograms. Let me begin first by saying, I have been longing for this series for a VERY long time and at long last, it has been released! For those of you who hear a slight "echo" on only some of the opening credits of some of the episodes or a slight variation in colour...please note that this series is from the 1980s and animation quality back then is nowhere near the level it is today. Please keep in mind that this is restored film from the '80s transferred to DVD. Yes, there is a lot of "high-quality" Jem episodes online on YouTube in HD but you will not find this sold on DVD anywhere. Thank you to the tireless efforts of Jem fans who have posted episodes online in HD quality that is absolutely stunning but if you are a true fan of the series, appreciate the quality of a hit '80s animated series as it was intended to be viewed! This DVD collection has all the episodes in pristine quality and you can tell the animation is brilliant in some episodes (no doubt, from the Japanese animation studios). All of the episodes are complete and present in this collection! The sound quality is very good and there is a "video Jukebox" at the end of each disc, so if you LOVE the tunes, you can listen to all the songs, one after the other, in succession!

Buy this series if you grew up watching it and love the glory that is Jem! This cartoon is my SOUL source of inspiration and I am glad that Shout! finally released it. I sing along to all the songs and dance to the upbeat tunes...I love Jem, she is TRULY OUTRAGEOUS!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Outrageous, Oct. 26 2013
Chad (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
I remember watching this on cable with my sister on Saturday mornings. Great cartoon from the 80's, for boys as much as for girls. Packaging it great, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars A+++ Truly Outrageous!, Sept. 30 2013
I love Jem
I'm so happy to have all three seasons finally!
Now I can watch my childhood favourite show time and time again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Truly Outrageous, April 22 2013
S. Fehr (Canada) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my mom who used to watch it, and although it is way cheesier then she remembers it is still a fun little show. The songs are ridiculously catchy and any fan of the 80's would be missing out if they didn't at least try a couple of episodes. Fans of the show you will not be disappoint it has everything you remembered about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly, Truly Excited, April 9 2013
This was sent extremely fast and in top quality.
Love to reminisce on my childhood. I was truly, truly excited in receiving.

5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars When Cartoons were actually good..., Dec 23 2012
Jem and the Holograms is a classic cartoon from the '80s!
Something to show the new generation.

This cartoon ROCKS!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Jem the Complete Series, June 4 2012
My children were talking about the old T.V. showes that they use to watch as kids. I thought it would be a good idea to get them their show for christmas. My one daughter watched Jem all the time. Now here and her daughter are watching it and making great memories together.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good show, Jan. 19 2012
paul (Driftpile Alberta) - See all my reviews
I love this boxset it has all the episodes and i love how fast
it was shipped to my door,the box and the cases of the set are very beautiful if you are a Jem fan do not miss your chance to get this boxset,i have no complaints this was my first online purchase from Amazon and i thank them for their excellent sevice can wait to start watching Jem.

4.0 out of 5 stars A few minor problems but mostly good purchase, Nov. 23 2011
Randeen Dekker "gameluver" (Saskatchewan, Canada) - See all my reviews
This was one my my favorite tv shows as a kid and I was so happy to get it on dvd. On disk one, on just some of the episodes the music is a little louder then the dialog so it's a little hard to hear but I'm not going to complain. I'm just glad to have it on dvd.

ARRAY(0xace30e94)