4.0 out of 5 stars What an improvement!
I own the first game, as well as the Exhilarate DVD set, and I got Zumba Fitness 2 for Christmas. Wow!

Published on Jan. 5 2012 by Andreanne Jobin

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun and challenging
This is a fun workout! The only criticism I have so far is that the duration of the various classes is not listed... That makes it hard to plan my workout when I'm pressed for time.
Published 18 months ago by JBB

4.0 out of 5 stars What an improvement!, Jan. 5 2012
Andreanne Jobin "ND" (Gatineau, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zumba Fitness 2 - Wii Standard Edition (Video Game)

If I compare this product to the first game, there is no competition. The first one was nothing compared to this one! The graphics are clearer, navigation through menus are much easier, and the follow-up and gifts to unlock are a nice addition. Some prefered the early Zumba music, but I prefer this one (it's a matter of taste). Il especially love the mash-ups with bollywood moves. I also love the fact that I can create myself a custom class, with a play-list. The moves are better recognized by the remote, too, even though I don't have to hold it in my hands.

Even though the space between songs is longer than in the DVD's, I find that it is easier to follow (and it's still challenging), because of the camera angles.

It's nice to recognize the famous faces (Beto, Tina and Gina) with their particular style. Awesome job.

I only give it 4 stars overall, though, because there could be some tweaking... It would be nice to know the lenght of a "short" "medium" and "full" class before starting it (the kids and husband are waiting for mommy to stop dancing so they can play Zelda, but I couldn't tell how long it would be). It's not easy to pause the game, too. There are some medals you can only unlock if you are 2, 3 or 4 players. I do have two belts (since one came with the first game too), but I couldn't really complete a class with 4 people in my livingroom... We'd need more belts, and more space!

Bottom line, if you like dance games, you'll love this one. Lots of hip-hop, reggaton, hindu moves. But if you prefered the latin-inspired moves of Zumba, you might prefer taking a class or finding the old DVDs...

So far, Zumba Fitness 2 and Just Dance 3 are, in my opinion, the best dance games you can have on the Wii system. If you want it to get in shape, get it. But if it's for a party with friends or to play with your family, go for Just Dance 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun and a well thought out game, Dec 26 2011
Michelle (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zumba Fitness 2 - Wii Standard Edition (Video Game)
The original was fun and quite a workout. This version is an improvement with clearer graphics, euphoria mode when you complete the right steps and the music---phenomenon! There's a mix of salsa, hip-hop, reggaeton, bollywood/South Asian music...fun, fun, fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, Dec 21 2011
BJ (Camlachie, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zumba Fitness 2 - Wii Standard Edition (Video Game)
You have to get Zumba 2! It's a blast! I thought that Zumba 1 was really good and then I got Zumba 2 and it is awesome! I can't wait for Zumba 3 to come out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Real workout without losing the fun side of things, June 13 2012
This review is from: Zumba Fitness 2 - Wii Standard Edition (Video Game)
I am usually disappointed by the delay between songs or exercises in Wii games. This one is different. The time between songs is perfect to drink a bit of water and focus back into the next song. I think the calorie count is too high, but other than that I am quite satsfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Zumba 2 review, April 9 2012
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zumba Fitness 2 - Wii Standard Edition (Video Game)
Love this workout! its easy to learn the moves and as long as you are moving you are burning calories! The progress tracker is especially great, you can see how often you have played, how many calories burned, and minutes played. If you like to dance this is a great workout for you!

4.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!, Dec 31 2011
Derinoe (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zumba Fitness 2 - Wii Standard Edition (Video Game)
Had often heard of Zumba classes, but have never had time to take one. My family just got a Wii for Christmas and when I saw this game I knew I had to try it. It was so awesome and a GREAT workout. The music is great and the game play is so much fun! It's my new favourite workout!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect training, March 11 2013
This review is from: Zumba Fitness 2 - Wii Standard Edition (Video Game)
We are having a lot of fun. Great training session. Excellent for cardio, abs and legs. I would recommend this game to all my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Très bon jeu!, Aug. 13 2012
This review is from: Zumba Fitness 2 - Wii Standard Edition (Video Game)
Je préfère zumba fitness 2 au premier!! Je le conseil a tout le monde. C'est un très bon jeu, bon pour le cardio!

4.0 out of 5 stars Super fun game that makes you burn lots of calories!, April 29 2012
This review is from: Zumba Fitness 2 - Wii Standard Edition (Video Game)
I really like this game. I purchased it after I was disappointed with the Zumba Exhilarate DVD's and I' so glad I did!!
There's a couple of minor things I would change about it. It's too bad that you can't fast forward to the next song. Some of the classes have some songs and choreography (flamenco and belly dancing) that I don't like too much but there's no way of skipping those routine. Also, it would be nice to have some sort of progress bar to show you how many songs you've done and how many you've got left.
I think it would also be neat if they fine tuned how the sensor reads your moves. Since the controller goes in the belt on your right hip, as long as you somewhat move your hips, it counts as a move, even if you start with the wrong foot or if your move is totally off. I imagine they did this to make the game more appealing for people who are not very coordinated. I think it would be good if they had different levels you could play at like beginner, intermediate and advanced and so they would need to rethink how the sensor works and how they track your moves.
Overall it's a great game, you burn lots of calories and I'm really happy with it. It's great that you can create your own custom classes as well. I'm so happy with this that I'm thinking about getting the first game because I just can't get enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Jan. 14 2014
Katherine (Ayr, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zumba Fitness 2 - Wii Standard Edition (Video Game)
This is the game for people who don't like traditional exercise. The music is wonderful, the dances are just tough enough to keep you learning and there are trophies/levels to earn to keep you motivated. Definitely worth the price.

Zumba Fitness 2 - Wii Standard Edition
Zumba Fitness 2 - Wii Standard Edition by Majesco (Nintendo Wii)
CDN$ 29.99