5.0 out of 5 stars Hard Rock Gem
When it was first announced that Gary Barden wouldn't be on the new MSG album I was disappointed as "In The Midst Of Beauty" was an excellent return to the glory years which was further reinforced by "Live in Tokyo" and the solid acoustic album `Gypsy Lady'.

Published on Nov. 5 2011 by I. Stevenson

3.0 out of 5 stars I miss Mc Auley
Temple of Rock has 6 or 7 good Schenker songs, the rest are fillers. I'm an MSG fan and have been for the last 30 years!
The new signer is good but I miss Mc Auley!
Published 18 months ago by Alain Mongeon

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard Rock Gem, Nov. 5 2011
I. Stevenson (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Temple Of Rock (Audio CD)

Enter Michael Voss on vocals along with a star studded band including Pete Way (UFO) and Herman Rarebell (Scorpions) and a number of special guests including former MSG singers Robin Mcauley and David Van Landing and you have "Temple of Rock" one hell of an album. From the opening track "How Long" to the same track complete with extended guitar version at the end there's a nice mix of hard rock songs in between. Michael Voss a cross between Vince Neil and Jon Bon Jovi does a good job on vocals while the cameos from former singers Robin and David are just superb. Michael's guitar playing is better than ever and further substantiates why he along with the recently departed Gary Moore are the two most significant rock guitarists over the last 40 years. Don't miss MSG when they go out on tour next.

3.0 out of 5 stars I miss Mc Auley, April 17 2013
This review is from: Temple Of Rock (Audio CD)
The new signer is good but I miss Mc Auley!

5.0 out of 5 stars Schenker shines again., Nov. 26 2011
This review is from: Temple Of Rock (Audio CD)
This new release for Michael Schenker is again some great Hard Rock only this time I sence it being a little commercial meaning any of these tunes could be on top forty radio rock which is not a bad thing.Think back to the Mcauley Schenker era funny thing is Robin Mcauley does sing on one track.I personally think In The Midst Of Beauty his last slab of rock did have a heavier edge but all in all a fine disc coming from Michael Schenker ,all the goodies are here,killer solos,catchy melodic chorus lines and some good solid groove from Herman Rareball on the drums.Plus doogie White(ex:rainbow,Yngwie Malmsteen)makes an apperance on one track.So when all is said and done and the wallet is itching to come out,is it worth buying well....Of course it's the master on guitar.I rate this gem a 8 out of 10 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent work! Finally some new tracks!, Nov. 15 2011
Simon Martineau (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Temple Of Rock (Audio CD)
This is actually the first Michael Schenker album I've had PLEASURE listening to from start to end since Thank You 1-2-3-4. No remakes, no covers, and no playing-just-to-hear-myself-play-and-show-you-how-awesome-I-am... Glad I gave this one a chance after being disappointed by "By Invitation Only (2011)" (same as two other CDs from 2005 and 2008).

Temple Of Rock
Temple Of Rock by Michael Schenker (Audio CD - 2011)