Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: DVDChange

on January 28, 2013
Got this on sale for 10 bucks and couldn't be happier. A simple Breakdown for anyone curious.

HD picture Quality is 5/5

Surround Sound is Fantastic 5/5

Is not Bare Bones 4/5

Overall what I got for what I paid 5/5
on October 26, 2011
yeah this movie turned out to be actually pretty good for an action/superhero flick thats rated pg. usually i have a hard time watching these kinds of movies like ironman because there is so much violence and distruction going on that they cant clearly portray the chaos that is going on while staying within the pg perimiter. X-men first class however had me totally interested. There were so many characters in it and we got to see how they all met and became who they are in the comics nowadays. this was all very interesting to me and the action took a back seat to learning about each individual character and their story, to top it all off the ending battle was great and i now look forward to further pg-13 superhero movies.
on June 4, 2013
Granted, I haven't seen it yet... but I couldn't pass up this deal.

I bought this with the Blu ray X-Men Trilogy Set..... Now I've completed the 4 movie collection.

Great deal... and I highly recommend any X-Man fan buying this!
on April 18, 2013
J'étais amateur de comic books quand j'étais jeune et les X-Men faisaient partie, avec The Avengers, de mes équipes préférées.

Cette version des ''origines'' des X-Men est, à mon humble avis, très bien faite, respectant l'esprit des comics de ma jeunesse. Il y aura toujours des différences entre les films et les comics d'origine, mais dans l'ensemble, j'ai trouvé le tout très bien.

Alors, personellement, je recommande ce film aux amateurs du genre.
on May 29, 2014
Movie shipped fast got it about half a week early

As for the movie its self, first class was the first Xmen movie I've seen and left me craving more. I didn't feel like I needed to watch the other movies at all to understand what was going on, that being said I was talking to my friend and he said that there is still a lot of reference to the main movies which works as great fan service

Would highly recommend
on September 5, 2011
I am an x-men fan and have read many of the comic books as well as watch the cartoon back in the 90s. I was very very skeptical of this movie since I despised what they did with the first few x-men movies plus Wolverine.

I was surprised at how I actually loved this movie. It was refreshing to see a bunch of actors that were coming up and not always a bunch of known actors that end up in a bad movie.

The movie itself focuses on the First Class, (die hard fans will argue about how the original were not these mutants but even so they were well integrated) in any case, well executed and for a movie that was 2 hours and 20 minutes long I have not found long at all. There is not too much 'adniministration' to bore you but enough to always keep you intrigued just as well as the action. The final battle is cool and the fact they used a historic event made it that much cooler. People must understand that this is about the relationship between Magneto and Xavier, how they began and how even with different points of views they still greatly respected each other no matter what.

On the mutants themselves, they generally took they right biography/past and intergrated it smoothly into a new plotline. Some mutants were taken from different storyline and intergrated as well into this x-men movie. Some are questionable (by die hard fans) but even so I enjoyed it all.

My only quarrel is actually the female CIA agent Moira McTaggert. In reality (in the x-verse) she was a scientist on Muir Island and was known to be close friends with Xavier. She was NEVER in the government (not in any x-men universe I know anyway. So besides that the rest is greatly done!

The fun part was that a few questions that were to be answered in the previous x-men movies (yes that triology that should not exist especially the 3rd movie) Like how come Magneto said they had once crossed paths (with Wolverine) and why Magneto left behind a human Mystique once she was 'cured' and stuff like that. Nice reference and nothing more.

I saw this movie expecting the worse and I came out more than satisfied.
on January 26, 2014
A great among the great of Sci-Fi movies. The special effects are mind blowing, although sometimes it borders a little bit on the ludicrous. If you want to take it apart and look for flaws, you will find many. But you can actually shut those flaws out of your mind and still greatly enjoy this movie and the other X-Men episodes. And of course, there's excellent acting.
on June 12, 2014
This was a solid action-super hero type of story. Perhaps not the most deep of the x-men films, but definately worth a watch. There were lots of nods to the other films and comics, but not so much that you would get lost if this is your first x-men experience. It is great to see the young version of all of my favourite characters.
on February 14, 2014
Though popular among comic readers, the X-Men series had been at the edge of the general public's periphery for years. That is until the movie series created a new and devoted following. The origins of the X-Men was a delight to watch in X-Men: First Class and I would love to see more backstory in the near future.
on February 9, 2014
I rate this movie as a 4 1/2 star. It was interesting to see the way the two lead characters diverged from each other both wanting to prove themselves but in very different ways. I thought there were a few different ways to do this and the director went his way with the film. The acting was very good too.