5.0 out of 5 stars The Gathering

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gathering, Dec 15 2012
Marie - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Gathering (1976 TVM) (DVD)
This is the best Christmas story -- I can not count how many times I have seen this move. The acting is superb and the scenery is magnificant. I would recommend this Christmas movie for the whole family -- it is a great way to introduce the younger people to understand what old age (future death) is about and that we should respect and welcome the older members of the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars The movie, Dec 20 2012
This review is from: The Gathering (1976 TVM) (DVD)
I have not seen this movie in a very long time. A very good Christmas movie. Thank you so much

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gathering, Dec 14 2011
This review is from: The Gathering (1976 TVM) (DVD)
My family has been looking for this Christmas film, for years. Now that it'savailable, I purchased 4 copies to be presented as gifts this year. Thankyou for helping me in a very timely fashion. Regards, Bruce Ghent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Christmas story, Nov. 23 2011
This review is from: The Gathering (1976 TVM) (DVD)
This is a wonderful Christmas story that I saw on T.V. Possibly fifteen years ago and I have been trying to find a DVD or VHS of it ever since. I was so pleased to find that Amazon now had it. I shall enjoy it many times. I do intend to get "The Gathering #2". thank you Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars love the movie..., Nov. 24 2013
This review is from: The Gathering (1976 TVM) (DVD)
I have seen this before on tv and really enjoyed it. Wanted a copy for my christmas movie collection as well...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas Movie, April 8 2013
A. Caruk (Alonsa, MB, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gathering (1976 TVM) (DVD)
I had never seen this movie but it looked interesting online. It is a great movie. Very good actors (Ed Asner and Maureen Stapleton) I am now tempted to buy the sequel but it may not be as good without Asner.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gathering, March 2 2011
This review is from: Gathering [Import] (DVD)
The Gathering, Starring Ed Asner, And Maureen Stapleton was orginally a MADE FOR TV movie.
It is the best ever Christmas "Tear Jerk" movie. On Par with It's a Wonderful Life and Better than the
original Miracle on 34Th street.

5.0 out of 5 stars good movie, April 30 2014
Harry Weston (Maple Ridge, British Columbia, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gathering (1976 TVM) (DVD)
movie was great, last viewed it in 1988, nothing to dislike about it. La la la la la lahh. Happy wit it ...

3.0 out of 5 stars bitter-sweet story, Dec 20 2013
George Jones - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Gathering (1976 TVM) (DVD)
It's with mixed feelings that I review this movie. The storyline was well done, keeping us in the present lives of 12 family members while showing flashbacks of the past. The acting was quite good. It was the story itself that I found difficult to watch. I suppose it's to be expected that most families have relationships that could be improved upon. However, the extent that Adam Thornton went to in order to preserve his pride stretched my ability to believe this could be true to life. It seemed rather extreme to me. He threw away a good marriage and most of the relationships that he had with his adult children because of his stubbornness. He was unwilling to look at himself, apologize and admit that he needed to change.

There was a good conclusion, but the wasted years still brought a sense of sadness, both to the family members and to us, the viewers of this movie. The good that can possibly come out of this story is that we who have witnessed the breakdown in relationships can more readily decide for ourselves --- are pride and stubbornness worth the loss of relationship with the people we love the most? There is some mild language. No sex or violence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cd, March 4 2013
This review is from: The Gathering (1976 TVM) (DVD)
This has been a favorite movie of mine for years but now I have a good copy and I will have years of enjoyment ahead! A must see - feel good movie.

The Gathering (1976 TVM)
The Gathering (1976 TVM) by Randal Kleiser (DVD - 2011)
CDN$ 18.70 CDN$ 10.93