5.0 out of 5 stars A gut-busting laughfest
Published on Oct. 23 2012 by pegcruiser

3.0 out of 5 stars Brides... almost made.
I can understand the needs for this comedy. After all, it feels like a female-lead Judd Apatow movie, and it IS produced by Apatow... the feeling and treatment, sadly, aren't nearly as satisfying for me as the Apatow stuff.

Published 2 months ago by Simon Bergeron

5.0 out of 5 stars A gut-busting laughfest, Oct. 23 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
My spouse had seen this movie with friends and insisted I see it as well. I was familiar with "The Hangover" movies and wondered about whether this would be comparable. Although it does not take the same story about going off to Vegas, the mishaps and missteps in getting the bride(Maya Rudolph, from SNL) married is nevertheless just as funny. You can easily see why Melissa McCarthy won the Oscar for her supporting role. Just make sure you go to the washroom before watching this movie, especially the scene in the bridal salon; you will wet yourself if you don't. The disc contains a huge amount of extra material plus a DVD copy and a digital copy. If your blu-ray player has BD Live, there are additional internet features as well. Definitely a must see movie.

3.0 out of 5 stars Brides... almost made., Jan. 13 2015
Simon Bergeron - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)

Most of the humor, I could see coming a few miles away, and so the 131 minutes of length this movie has, made me think it was too long at times, too predictable in its telling, and too fast at times, tying the loose-ends near the end credits. It felt like an overlong whiny and almost unfunny version of "Knocked Up".

Luckily, Kristen Wiig and a few notable others do give wonderful performances and make it believable to live in this type of movie. Sadly, Melissa McCarthy, one I haven't seen a single role I liked her in, is also in this (can you believe she's being asked to do the next Ghostbusters???). Most of her scenes are "let's make fun of being fat" or "let's act Zack Galifianakis type of weird", but there IS one scene where she shows potential in the third act, where she isn't her overtly loud character... I wish there was more moments like this. The movie lacks a sense of closure. In a scene that happens in a bridal salon, it appears the intention was only to tell a particular joke and run with it without having real consequences to the said event.

Direction doesn't seem to have been too hard when dealing with talented actresses. And these were a much talented bunch. In fact, it does appear like most have their own personality, problems, angsts, etc. Wiig does get the crown as the main character, though. She delivers a strong, sensitive, whiny performance with a multi-layered prospect.

I guess it takes all sorts, but maybe I haven't opened myself enough to this movie, knowing what I know about Feig and him being now the helmer of the Ghostbusters reboot... that probably didn't help AT ALL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bridesmaids, Jan. 20 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Bridesmaids (DVD)
This movie was also on my daughter in law's wish list. She had some friends in to watch it together and had a wonderful fun filled evening with this movie as the basis of their entertainment. She recommended it to other young women.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bridesmaids movie ordered from Amazon, March 23 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Bad review for this one. Because it came from the UK (I am presuming) it would not work on my DVD player. It came up as an error, wrong format...so I was disappointed. I did not bother sending it back as It was not very expensive, but I will be aware of where things are coming from in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 4 2014
Very funny

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD for Bridesmaids, Jan. 25 2014
Ce commentaire est de: Bridesmaids (DVD)
Very funny movie - Melissa McCarthy as usual is very funny in this movie. Great entertainment if you are having
friends in to enjoy a video together

5.0 out of 5 stars McCarthy Humour, Jan. 15 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This one gets played at least twice a year... if you like McCarthy humour, this one and Heat are standard collectables.

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny, Nov. 30 2013
Ce commentaire est de: Bridesmaids (DVD)
this is a chic flick , and I am a chic, LOL, loved this movie -- great to watch with a bunch of girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frigging Hilarious, Sept. 8 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Seriously, one of the best movies I have ever laughed at. I wish that they considered doing another with the main characters wedding. It is awkward, and bust your gut funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, Aug. 4 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Such a great funny movie that shows women can do what the men are typically in charge of. This movie is hilarious, touching, and the kind of movie you want to watch over and over again.

Bridesmaids