4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product - Recommended
Published on Dec 26 2011 by AlR

3.0 out of 5 stars Coffee is weak
I was excited to try this product as a way to save money and garbage, but I have tinkered around with it for a few weeks now and I just can't get a coffee that is nearly as strong as with the kcup. I have tried different coffees, different fill levels...but the coffee always comes out fairly weak. It is a good theory, but not as great in practice. I am disappointed.
Published on May 2 2012 by D.P.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product - Recommended, Dec 26 2011
This review is from: Ekobrew Cup 2-Count Refillable Cup for Keurig K-Cup Brewers, Brown/Green (Grocery)
I was disappointed at first when the Ekobrews I received from Amazon leaked. I contacted the manufacturer by email and was told some of these were defective (seal was undersized - lid did not close tightly). Ekobrew sent me two replacements immediately. It took three weeks for the replacements to arrive from the USA but they work perfectly. It is unfortunate that Ekobrew could not or was not able to recall the defective ones as the product does work as well as many people have said. I think the defective ones may be the two unit packs as I was sent two single units as replacements. I hope this helps anyone who may have a defective one. I do recommend the product and it is better designed than the Keurig My K-cup.

4.0 out of 5 stars ekobrew, Nov. 12 2011
I've had the Ekobrew for a couple of months and have not had the problems experienced by Rolly. Perhaps (s)he is using too much coffee and/or too fine a grind. Compared to the Keurig K-cup,I find the Ekobrew is much easier to use; it's just one piece that sits flat on the counter, the cover easily snaps closed and you just pop it into the machine. You don't have to remove the extra holder. I can get a stronger cup of coffee than with the K-cup. I would recommend the Ekobrew, in fact I've ordered 2 more to speed things up in the morning when three of us are trying to get our coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the design Keurig should have used!, Dec 3 2011
tiff21300 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I bought the Keurig SE for the convenience of an almost instant single cup of coffee, and it is worth every penny in my opinion. I am a relatively frugal person though, so spending 60-90 cents on a cup of coffee I still had to make wasn't much incentive for me to avoid Tim Horton's. Not to mention the fact that with 200+ flavours available for this machine there were still only 1 or 2 I actually liked.

I decided on the Keurig because of their my k-cup option....so I immediately bought it with high hopes. I came home, took out the holder, immediately put my usual brand of coffee in the my k-cup, started the machine and BAM! Coffee everywhere! I read the reviews on-line and it says the coffee brews great from it, you just have to move the top washer down.....perfect! I thought it may have just moved with shipping so I moved it down and the next couple cups brewed no issues. Problem solved---or so I thought. I had another couple K cups in the machine, and then next time I put the my k-cup in there...you guessed it - coffee everywhere! Did I really want to have to remember to move this washer each and every time I changed coffee? Enough of this, I said.

I immediately went back to the internet to find a solution, and found out there were 2 real solutions available - EkoBrew and Solofill. I don't know how the Solofill works as I was not sold on the non-flat surface for pouring and could already picture the coffee grinds everywhere, so I decided on the Ekobrew - it was a good price and what did I have to lose at this point?

I placed my order on amazon.ca and the Ekobrew was on my doorstep two days later. I opened the box and here is my experience: I was surprised by the small size of the Ekobrew. When I found out I didn't have to remove anything to make it work I was thrilled! Washed up, it fits in with the rest of my k-cups (although it's never in that location for long). I didn't have to DO anything. I didn't have to take apart the Keurig or worry about the needle piercing the mesh lining because you can't wreck this thing, it is designed to avoid the needle! I poured in my coffee, started the machine and my coffee was ready to drink 30 seconds later. The flavour I wanted, no mess to clean up on the counter, no grinds anywhere...exactly what I was hoping for!

I am so pleased with this product and my Keurig that I recommend them to everyone who will listen :) The my k-cup is going back!

I hope this review helps you decide what will work for you, I have absolutely no regrets about this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this purchase., Jan. 26 2012
Quite happy with this purchase. We had purchased the refillable K-Cup specifically made for the Keurig but returned it as it leaked and made a mess when brewing. This item is easy to clean and other than a minor leak once in a while works very well. There are a few grounds at the bottom of the cup after brewing but nothing too serious. I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ekobrew refillable cup for Keurig K-Cup merits 5 stars!, Nov. 4 2012
I tried many different solutions to be able to drink Tim Hortons coffee at home with my C40 machine and this did the job. The trick is to use regular grind. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, May 3 2012
My sister recommended this cup and I love it. I still use k-cups but I also use the Ekobrew, to save a few buck at the end of the month. There is a light film on the coffee but with a few stirs, it's perfect. It's easy to clean and so far, after using it a good 25 times, I've had no grinds in my coffee. I fill it up 3/4 (like it says to do) but I've had to buy stronger coffee, as it wasn't strong enough. I totally recommend this Ekobrew cup!

5.0 out of 5 stars Refillable K-Cup, Feb. 6 2012
I use these refillable K-cups daily. I had read that they could be messy. However, I did not find them so. The trick is not to fill them too full.

They are no problem to clean out if they are taken out of the machine straight away, and rinsed from the outside.

They help to keep the cost down, while still getting a very fast cup of fresh coffee.

They are exactly as desribed, and were delivered very quickly. Am very satisfied with this product

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for me, Jan. 28 2012
Dean Kutryk (Calgary, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
If you simply use the Ecobrew without putting a paper filter inside of it than you will get some sediment in the bottom of the glass. A paper filter will eliminate most of the sediment, maybe not quite all of it, but enough to make it work out fine. It brews a fresh cup that is nice to drink. That sediment probably can't hurt you, and I ground mine directly from the Starbucks beans using an inexpensive grinder, but I'd rather have it as filtered as much as possible. It makes a high end coffee for freshness that is quick and easy. It might not be the best office solution, however for at home it is nice to just be able to make just one cup at a time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, Dec 17 2011
I don't like the prepackaged coffee made for these machines. These little gadgets are perfect for brewing my own blends. Highly recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars frustration, Feb. 28 2013
The filter works ok but you need a paper filter to have a clean coffee without grin resedue in it.