4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product - Recommended
Published on Dec 26 2011 by AlR

2.0 out of 5 stars Too thick
I love this concept because those pods are annoying to clean out. But I found them to be so thick that the rich flavour of the coffee doesn't make it through. Good idea that needs a little fine tuning.
Published 10 months ago by eviltee

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product - Recommended, Dec 26 2011
This review is from: Ekobrew Cup 2-Count Refillable Cup for Keurig K-Cup Brewers, Brown/Green (Grocery)
I was disappointed at first when the Ekobrews I received from Amazon leaked. I contacted the manufacturer by email and was told some of these were defective (seal was undersized - lid did not close tightly). Ekobrew sent me two replacements immediately. It took three weeks for the replacements to arrive from the USA but they work perfectly. It is unfortunate that Ekobrew could not or was not able to recall the defective ones as the product does work as well as many people have said. I think the defective ones may be the two unit packs as I was sent two single units as replacements. I hope this helps anyone who may have a defective one. I do recommend the product and it is better designed than the Keurig My K-cup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well. Don't fill them too full., Feb. 18 2012
David W. Chisholm (Ottawa ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
I find the Ekobrew filter cups much easier to use than the Keurig ones as you don't have to take part of the machine out in order to use them. This allows to quickly flip back and forth between regular K-Cups and the Ekobrew cups. They are easier to clean in comparison the Keurig ones. A couple of good taps on the bottom normally dislodges most of the coffee grounds and then you can simply rinse it out with hot water.

The trick with the Ekobrew cups is not to fill them too full with coffee about 1/2 to 2/3 way is enough and you still get a good strength of coffee. If you fill them too full it causes the coffee to spurt out the sides and makes a bit of a mess.

4.0 out of 5 stars ekobrew, Nov. 12 2011
I've had the Ekobrew for a couple of months and have not had the problems experienced by Rolly. Perhaps (s)he is using too much coffee and/or too fine a grind. Compared to the Keurig K-cup,I find the Ekobrew is much easier to use; it's just one piece that sits flat on the counter, the cover easily snaps closed and you just pop it into the machine. You don't have to remove the extra holder. I can get a stronger cup of coffee than with the K-cup. I would recommend the Ekobrew, in fact I've ordered 2 more to speed things up in the morning when three of us are trying to get our coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars These fit in the grey My K-Cup and fix the seal!, Jan. 13 2014
I bought these with the intention to get a faster cup of coffee by reducing cleanup, and to fix the poor seal inside the My K-Cup made by Keurig. The My K-Cup gives me too dilute a brew unless I pack it to the gills, so I use a lot of coffee. Plus, the mesh basket of the My K-Cup gets clogged by my finer grind.

When you put this inside the basket of the My K-Cup, it fits perfectly. The top of the filter is flanged, so it hangs slightly over the edge and helps to form a snug seal under the My K-Cup lid. I filled the filter to its top and gently tapped it on the kitchen counter to pack in a proper brew. I'm not getting the same dilute brewing problem as before and can get a quick coffee without the cost and carbon footprint of disposable K-Cup after K-Cup.

Oh, and there are 300 filters inside. Just don't pull the plastic bag full of filters out of the box too quickly or you'll spill them all over the kitchen like I did (I opened the box upside down so the opening was to the bottom, my bad).

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the design Keurig should have used!, Dec 3 2011
tiff21300 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I bought the Keurig SE for the convenience of an almost instant single cup of coffee, and it is worth every penny in my opinion. I am a relatively frugal person though, so spending 60-90 cents on a cup of coffee I still had to make wasn't much incentive for me to avoid Tim Horton's. Not to mention the fact that with 200+ flavours available for this machine there were still only 1 or 2 I actually liked.

I decided on the Keurig because of their my k-cup option....so I immediately bought it with high hopes. I came home, took out the holder, immediately put my usual brand of coffee in the my k-cup, started the machine and BAM! Coffee everywhere! I read the reviews on-line and it says the coffee brews great from it, you just have to move the top washer down.....perfect! I thought it may have just moved with shipping so I moved it down and the next couple cups brewed no issues. Problem solved---or so I thought. I had another couple K cups in the machine, and then next time I put the my k-cup in there...you guessed it - coffee everywhere! Did I really want to have to remember to move this washer each and every time I changed coffee? Enough of this, I said.

I immediately went back to the internet to find a solution, and found out there were 2 real solutions available - EkoBrew and Solofill. I don't know how the Solofill works as I was not sold on the non-flat surface for pouring and could already picture the coffee grinds everywhere, so I decided on the Ekobrew - it was a good price and what did I have to lose at this point?

I placed my order on amazon.ca and the Ekobrew was on my doorstep two days later. I opened the box and here is my experience: I was surprised by the small size of the Ekobrew. When I found out I didn't have to remove anything to make it work I was thrilled! Washed up, it fits in with the rest of my k-cups (although it's never in that location for long). I didn't have to DO anything. I didn't have to take apart the Keurig or worry about the needle piercing the mesh lining because you can't wreck this thing, it is designed to avoid the needle! I poured in my coffee, started the machine and my coffee was ready to drink 30 seconds later. The flavour I wanted, no mess to clean up on the counter, no grinds anywhere...exactly what I was hoping for!

I am so pleased with this product and my Keurig that I recommend them to everyone who will listen :) The my k-cup is going back!

I hope this review helps you decide what will work for you, I have absolutely no regrets about this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product..., Nov. 30 2012
Much easier to use than "My K Cup" - only one piece makes it easier to clean and fill ...fits into original black Keurig K cup holder making it easier to switch from eco brew cup to purchased K cup...saves money - fill with coffee of your choosing...eco friendly -saves on landfill waste ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee of choice prepared quickly, Aug. 20 2013
I like that I can get a cup of coffee quickly using my own brand of filter coffee. I can also choose how strong I want any cup to be. Please read the instructions - (two minutes) for a couple of tips. One says the unit GETS HOT and you do need to be careful when taking it out of the machine. I use one for home and one at work.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd Time's the charm, April 23 2012
We have been using the Keurig single serve coffee maker for about 6 months now. I bought the Ekobrew re-usable coffee cups in an attempt to reduce the cost.

Shipping was crazy fast (next day) even though I chose standard shipping.

Both of the Ekobrew cups leaked. Profusely.

I contacted the manufacturer via e-mail and complained. They sent some troubleshooting tips (most of which I already tried). After I responded, they sent me a replacement set of Ekobrews.

Shipping this time took approximately 2 weeks. However, once the replacements arrived, they both worked flawlessly. My wife finds they produce a fairly strong cup so they do not get filled to the fill line (maybe about 2/3 full). There has not been a drop leaked since they were replaced.

For the initial product provided, I would give 1 star. For the replacement, 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item; I still think it's overpriced, April 23 2013
Love using my k-cups, but hated the coffee sludge. These inserts mimic the sealed pods (open a used one and look for yourself). Only "trick" we had to figure out when we got them was how to put them in. We use two fingers and push it until it touches the true bottom of the my k-cup, them sort of mould it around the bumps in the bottom. We find it easier to do when the my k-cup is a little wet (quick rinse). Now if we could have these as cheap as regular coffee filters we'd love them even more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy clean up!, Dec 5 2013
The best part of having the filters is that instead of having to shake.....scrape.....then rinse the metal filters, now I just pick up the paper filter and throw it all in the compost bin. Love it.