Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

on December 26, 2011
I was disappointed at first when the Ekobrews I received from Amazon leaked. I contacted the manufacturer by email and was told some of these were defective (seal was undersized - lid did not close tightly). Ekobrew sent me two replacements immediately. It took three weeks for the replacements to arrive from the USA but they work perfectly. It is unfortunate that Ekobrew could not or was not able to recall the defective ones as the product does work as well as many people have said. I think the defective ones may be the two unit packs as I was sent two single units as replacements. I hope this helps anyone who may have a defective one. I do recommend the product and it is better designed than the Keurig My K-cup.
on December 3, 2011
I bought the Keurig SE for the convenience of an almost instant single cup of coffee, and it is worth every penny in my opinion. I am a relatively frugal person though, so spending 60-90 cents on a cup of coffee I still had to make wasn't much incentive for me to avoid Tim Horton's. Not to mention the fact that with 200+ flavours available for this machine there were still only 1 or 2 I actually liked.

I decided on the Keurig because of their my k-cup I immediately bought it with high hopes. I came home, took out the holder, immediately put my usual brand of coffee in the my k-cup, started the machine and BAM! Coffee everywhere! I read the reviews on-line and it says the coffee brews great from it, you just have to move the top washer down.....perfect! I thought it may have just moved with shipping so I moved it down and the next couple cups brewed no issues. Problem solved---or so I thought. I had another couple K cups in the machine, and then next time I put the my k-cup in guessed it - coffee everywhere! Did I really want to have to remember to move this washer each and every time I changed coffee? Enough of this, I said.

I immediately went back to the internet to find a solution, and found out there were 2 real solutions available - EkoBrew and Solofill. I don't know how the Solofill works as I was not sold on the non-flat surface for pouring and could already picture the coffee grinds everywhere, so I decided on the Ekobrew - it was a good price and what did I have to lose at this point?

I placed my order on and the Ekobrew was on my doorstep two days later. I opened the box and here is my experience: I was surprised by the small size of the Ekobrew. When I found out I didn't have to remove anything to make it work I was thrilled! Washed up, it fits in with the rest of my k-cups (although it's never in that location for long). I didn't have to DO anything. I didn't have to take apart the Keurig or worry about the needle piercing the mesh lining because you can't wreck this thing, it is designed to avoid the needle! I poured in my coffee, started the machine and my coffee was ready to drink 30 seconds later. The flavour I wanted, no mess to clean up on the counter, no grinds anywhere...exactly what I was hoping for!

I am so pleased with this product and my Keurig that I recommend them to everyone who will listen :) The my k-cup is going back!

I hope this review helps you decide what will work for you, I have absolutely no regrets about this product.
on February 18, 2012
I find the Ekobrew filter cups much easier to use than the Keurig ones as you don't have to take part of the machine out in order to use them. This allows to quickly flip back and forth between regular K-Cups and the Ekobrew cups. They are easier to clean in comparison the Keurig ones. A couple of good taps on the bottom normally dislodges most of the coffee grounds and then you can simply rinse it out with hot water.

The trick with the Ekobrew cups is not to fill them too full with coffee about 1/2 to 2/3 way is enough and you still get a good strength of coffee. If you fill them too full it causes the coffee to spurt out the sides and makes a bit of a mess.
on August 20, 2013
I like that I can get a cup of coffee quickly using my own brand of filter coffee. I can also choose how strong I want any cup to be. Please read the instructions - (two minutes) for a couple of tips. One says the unit GETS HOT and you do need to be careful when taking it out of the machine. I use one for home and one at work.
on November 30, 2012
Much easier to use than "My K Cup" - only one piece makes it easier to clean and fill ...fits into original black Keurig K cup holder making it easier to switch from eco brew cup to purchased K cup...saves money - fill with coffee of your friendly -saves on landfill waste ...
on November 12, 2011
I've had the Ekobrew for a couple of months and have not had the problems experienced by Rolly. Perhaps (s)he is using too much coffee and/or too fine a grind. Compared to the Keurig K-cup,I find the Ekobrew is much easier to use; it's just one piece that sits flat on the counter, the cover easily snaps closed and you just pop it into the machine. You don't have to remove the extra holder. I can get a stronger cup of coffee than with the K-cup. I would recommend the Ekobrew, in fact I've ordered 2 more to speed things up in the morning when three of us are trying to get our coffee.
on January 26, 2012
Quite happy with this purchase. We had purchased the refillable K-Cup specifically made for the Keurig but returned it as it leaked and made a mess when brewing. This item is easy to clean and other than a minor leak once in a while works very well. There are a few grounds at the bottom of the cup after brewing but nothing too serious. I would definitely recommend it.
on January 28, 2012
If you simply use the Ecobrew without putting a paper filter inside of it than you will get some sediment in the bottom of the glass. A paper filter will eliminate most of the sediment, maybe not quite all of it, but enough to make it work out fine. It brews a fresh cup that is nice to drink. That sediment probably can't hurt you, and I ground mine directly from the Starbucks beans using an inexpensive grinder, but I'd rather have it as filtered as much as possible. It makes a high end coffee for freshness that is quick and easy. It might not be the best office solution, however for at home it is nice to just be able to make just one cup at a time.
on April 23, 2013
Love using my k-cups, but hated the coffee sludge. These inserts mimic the sealed pods (open a used one and look for yourself). Only "trick" we had to figure out when we got them was how to put them in. We use two fingers and push it until it touches the true bottom of the my k-cup, them sort of mould it around the bumps in the bottom. We find it easier to do when the my k-cup is a little wet (quick rinse). Now if we could have these as cheap as regular coffee filters we'd love them even more!
on December 15, 2011
Ekobrew refillable cups are a must have if you own a Keurig. I already had two refillable cups (the 3-piece grey ones) and while they worked just fine, they were fussy to clean (they also cost $17 each). It was bothersome to have to take the black pod holder out of the machine every time I used them. For whatever reason, the Ekobrew cups rinse out much quicker and cleaner than the other style and being flat bottomed they are easier to fill. They just pop right in like the K-cups do - you don't have to remove the holder. They hold enough coffee to make a decently strong cup. My only concern is the the hinge where the lid attaches to the cup - it looks weak (but it may not be - time will tell). If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have $34 worth of inferior refillable cups in my cupboard.

I said time would tell and it did. I had trouble with the ones I originally bought. The seals on the lids stopped working and making coffee turned in to a messy ordeal. The company replaced them without charge. Now the lid has fallen right off one of the replacement filters and the other leaks. Sadly, they just don't hold up. I am back to using the original ones and they work fine. They are just a little more work.