countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on July 20, 2016
I bought this because I wanted a quality product and I was willing to pay for it. It is well designed and solidly made in my opinion, but it doesn't work. No matter how little coffee I put in, no matter what coffee I use, it always leaks & leaves a mess at the end. I bought this so that I wouldn't have to throw away hundreds of coffee pods in the trash, but that's where this one will be going.
on August 5, 2015
If you have the Ekobrew holder then this is great for an easy clean up. Found them a bit bulky and stopped the little 'thingy' from closing properly so therefore just managed without these. With a little patience it probably would have been fine and the problem was all user related. Eco friendly and that's the main thing....eco friendlier still is to use the 'thingy' without the papers and just wash it.
on December 26, 2011
I was disappointed at first when the Ekobrews I received from Amazon leaked. I contacted the manufacturer by email and was told some of these were defective (seal was undersized - lid did not close tightly). Ekobrew sent me two replacements immediately. It took three weeks for the replacements to arrive from the USA but they work perfectly. It is unfortunate that Ekobrew could not or was not able to recall the defective ones as the product does work as well as many people have said. I think the defective ones may be the two unit packs as I was sent two single units as replacements. I hope this helps anyone who may have a defective one. I do recommend the product and it is better designed than the Keurig My K-cup.
on April 29, 2016
I thought this was a bit expensive when I first bought it but now I realize you get what you pay for. I use this twice a day. It cleans easily, holds a decent amount of coffee and still looks like new. Can't go wrong with this.
on November 8, 2012
The steel cup works flawlessly. Very solid construction and absolutely zero coffee grounds anywhere. A friend told me the cheaper ($20) plastic one was a real mess.

The manual recommends a grind for flat-bottom drip coffee filters. I had to adjust my burr grinder accordingly. The first cup (7.25 oz) on my Platinum edition Keurig was weak, so I went down to 5.75 oz (closer to what I usually make in my Starbucks cone brewer). Slight improvement. I then adjusted my grinder several times to go progressively finer until I reached a good strong cup. I ended up opening a K-Cup and examining the grind to verify what the machine likes best.

Note it's important not to overfill the cup, and to ensure the rim is clear of grinds so as to give a proper seal. In either scenario you might see some clear water spill into the mug from the sides.

Clean up is a bit messy given you shouldn't dump grinds down the drain (you can clog your pipes eventually, and your septic system). I've set up a waste container where I can dump the grinds each time, using a chopstick - rather than a spoon so as not to damage the cup - to quickly pry out the grinds (followed by a rinse in the sink). That's a bit messy, but worth a good cup of coffee :)

Neat thing is it seems to take 1/2 the grinds I was using daily in my cone filter machine, so that's quite a savings.
on January 15, 2016
I purchased this product in early 2015 and they were perfect. I repurchased this product in early 2016 and the filters are totally different. the 2016 filters were so big that I could place the Ekobrew stainless steel filter inside of the paper filter with room to spare. I could not make the filter paper fit the stainless filter. For me to make a refund claim I would need to pay $17 in postage to return a $36 item
review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 6, 2012
Works perfectly. I have not experienced any leakage with this cup over the dozen or so times I have used it and it does a good job at giving a decent cup of coffee. Incredibly easy to fill / clean.

I'm not sure the elite is really worth the price increase over the plastic as I have both and don't really notice the difference. That being said, it does feel and look much nicer.
on February 18, 2012
I find the Ekobrew filter cups much easier to use than the Keurig ones as you don't have to take part of the machine out in order to use them. This allows to quickly flip back and forth between regular K-Cups and the Ekobrew cups. They are easier to clean in comparison the Keurig ones. A couple of good taps on the bottom normally dislodges most of the coffee grounds and then you can simply rinse it out with hot water.

The trick with the Ekobrew cups is not to fill them too full with coffee about 1/2 to 2/3 way is enough and you still get a good strength of coffee. If you fill them too full it causes the coffee to spurt out the sides and makes a bit of a mess.
on August 20, 2013
I like that I can get a cup of coffee quickly using my own brand of filter coffee. I can also choose how strong I want any cup to be. Please read the instructions - (two minutes) for a couple of tips. One says the unit GETS HOT and you do need to be careful when taking it out of the machine. I use one for home and one at work.
on November 30, 2012
Much easier to use than "My K Cup" - only one piece makes it easier to clean and fill ...fits into original black Keurig K cup holder making it easier to switch from eco brew cup to purchased K cup...saves money - fill with coffee of your choosing...eco friendly -saves on landfill waste ...