Published 1 month ago by Julie cruikshank

3.0 out of 5 stars Not True To Da Book
I saw this movie a couple of years after I read the book. It is not exactly the same story as the book. In fact, there is so much changed that it's actually a little hard to believe it is the same story. I think Gene Wilder's character is horrible, not true to the book at all. He was supposed to be a nice, funny little man, not a sarcastic wise guy. But other than that,...
Published on May 17 2004 by HeadbangerDuh

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless classic! Even your "Frozen" kids can be thaweddd!!! ;), June 8 2014
Words cannot even describe the feeling of sharing one of your all time childhood favourites with your own beautiful child! Such a great storyline and amazing characters! Add some of your own favourite wonka treats and popcorn and believe or not had a room full of 4 year olds captivated by something other than "Frozen"!! The best part; I even use the Oompa Loompa songs as conversation starters to reaffirm the "house rules" or morals we already teach our daughter 😄 this movie EVERY parent should sit down and watch with their children just classic on soo many levels!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonka Wonderful & Scrumdiddlyumptious!, June 7 2014
Miracle Max - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Well Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory Fans.......This truly is an Ultimate Collector's Set. You are getting your money's worth with this set, and you will not be disappointed.

First of all, this set includes not only the Blue Ray transfer presented in 1080p High Definition 16X9 Dolby True HD 5.1,Dolby Digital English 5.1, & French, but includes the DVD transfer as well as a 3rd disc full of hours of extras.

Extras include New interviews with director Mel Stuart, a recently rediscovered archival featurette that includes an interview with late author Roald Dhal. A documentary called "Pure Imagination, Commentary with the Wonka Kids, 4 sing-along songs, a vintage 1971 theatrical trailer, and much more.

- A 144 page full color book about the making of the film.

- A Special separate folder that contains 14 pieces of Wonka production correspondence, including a copy of a hand written letter from Gene Wilder to the director Mel Stuart, as well as copies of the letters sent out to the actors telling them they have been casted.

- Your very own "GOLDEN TICKET" just like in the film, & A collectable Wonka Bar tin with a chocolate scented eraser inside, as well as 4 scented pencils (Blue Berry Pie, Banana, Snozzberry, & Hair Cream. The eraser and the pencils come in their own individual plastic wrapping so you can keep them in mint condition & preserved if you like....or you can have fun and actually use them.

Hands down the coolest collectors set I own.

Make sure to check out the photos I have added to product description.

5.0 out of 5 stars Willy Wonka & the chocolate factory, May 16 2014
This movie was excellant quality and just as I remembered watching it with my children. Now I enjoy it with my grandchildren and my great grandchildren.

4.0 out of 5 stars Willy Wonka on bluray, Nov. 13 2013
The included book is a nice addition to the disc. The film does have some grain but it is a classic that can be watched over and over. A recommended buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars love, Oct. 19 2013
I love the moive it reminded me of when I was a kids at the moives would love to buy more good moives

5.0 out of 5 stars Willy Wonka...amazing!, Sept. 29 2013
I have to admit that I didn't see this movie until I saw it on a movie channel a month ago. Shortly thereafter I purchased the movie and was pleasantly surprised at the items that was included with the movie. My husband was like a kid again when he saw everything that came with the BluRay disc. The quality of the movie was great apart from a couple of scenes that were a tad blurry. Other than that, love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Willy Wonka, Sept. 30 2012
This review is from: Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory [Import] (DVD)
I have loved this movie for years and I enjoy it everytime I see it. I find it better than the remake, but I enjoyed it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality, Sept. 16 2012
The quality of the blu ray disc is of excellence.I would recommend this product to anyone who is interested in
purchasing high quality video.

5.0 out of 5 stars There are 3 discs in this package!, Aug. 22 2012
I received this a while back and I am delighted with the contents. There are 3 discs contained (as described in the Amazon information), so not sure what happened to the previous reviewer's set or whether they ordered the single disc version. The reproduced booklet is superb (and A4 sized) and the featurettes and commentary with the children from the now grown up to be adults is another superb inclusion.
Treat yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a great one!, July 7 2004
This review is from: Willy Wonk.Choc.F. (DVD)
OK, I know you are saying to yourself, that movie is ancient ~ my kid wouldn't enjoy it. Well, trust me your kid will enjoy it. It is a great movie! For all who may have missed it over the years (is there anyone out there?), the story is about a giant chocolate factory run by a never seen owner (Wilder). Over the years of the factory's operation he has become quite the legend. He decides to open the factory to a few lucky winners of a contest ~ all but one of the winning kids are truly rotten. And as all good stories go, the bad kids get their just "desserts" (sorry, couldn't resist the pun) leaving the good kid to win. A lot of good lessons taught about sharing, greed, gluttony and theft. Pop some popcorn and enjoy it with your kid; you'll be glad you did.

Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory [Import]