5.0 out of 5 stars very satisfied
This is one of the great tools we use to help train our new 2 yrs old Bernese Mountain dog who came with a few bad habits. It's easy to use and the battery is long lasting. Having the option of three ways to correct is perfect as we only used the beep so far.
Published on Nov. 19 2011 by stanne

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money for 4 months of useage
We are all about customer service in our home. We will pay the extra money if the service and follow up is fantastic! I loved this product!!! It worked great, the range was great and I liked that I could beep him to warn him not have to zap him. It took one mild zap for him to figure it out.
HOWEVER, after 4 months the remote fried! And I mean fried! It smelt...
Published on Sept. 15 2012 by Sandi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars very satisfied, Nov. 19 2011
This review is from: 400 YARD DOG REMOTE TRAINING 7 LEVEL SHOCK VIBRATION COLLAR (Misc.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money for 4 months of useage, Sept. 15 2012
HOWEVER, after 4 months the remote fried! And I mean fried! It smelt like an electrical fire. I contacted the seller. No apology, simply ship it back at your expense and put $12.99 CASH in an envelop to have it returned to me. Who in their right mind would send cash??? Right there it strikes me as lack of business sense. So I should pay $25 or more in shipping for a product that is 4 months old and only cost $65 (got it on sale). After a year or so I may of been more tolerant of having to pay some sort of a shipping cost. I returned the email explaining that I didn't think it was appropriate for me to encur such a high cost after 4 months and that surely a more fair solution could be agreed upon. NEVER heard from her again! Very frustrating and upsetting! I also get a bit annoyed as I trust Amazon to choose reputable persons/companys to have on their website and offerings. This lack of customer resolution is hardly something Amazon should be proud of and/or support.

5.0 out of 5 stars so worth it!, April 3 2012
I purchased this product about 3 weeks ago for our husky/Australian shepherd. He had started to chase the mail carrier's vehicle, the school bus and other vehicles on our country road. We tried to train him with his leash, and then a long rope on his collar to correct him but he wouldn't chase the cars then! He would only chase them when he was away from us. And he would run in front of the cars at times too. We got this collar and only had to use the shock feature twice. Since then, we have only used the beep function to warn him and he has not chased any vehicles since. this product is great and the battery lasts a long time. The instructions are not the greatest but the collar/remote works very well. we are so glad to have found this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money!!!, Dec 3 2013
The collar worked great... for the first month. Our dog really responded to the beeps, however the shock setting did not seem to phase her at all.

Initially the wrong product was shipped. Our dog is a swimmer and thus the waterproof receiver was required (we received the water resistant unit instead). We contacted Aetertek and they shipped us the correct product, however it took at least 4 weeks. Not even a month later, it broke. The collar started beeping uncontrollably, and would only shut off once the battery died.

We shipped the broken product back to Aetertek - at our expense - and were told a replacement unit would be sent. A month later we receive back the exact same unit we had sent in. They had tried to fix (not replace it as promised). We used it once, and again it started have the exact same problem.

At this point, extremely frustrated as we had sent back the collar twice already, we requested a refund. However when we contacted Aetertek, they simply informed us that it was outside the 90 day return window and we could not return the product. I will be escalating this with Amazon. Simply ridiculous.

This is definitely a cheap product not built to last. If you do purchase this and have issues with the product within the first 90 days, RETURN IT! Do not mess around with their replacement program, they will simply send you back the same broken unit and then when you try to return it, it will be too late.

1.0 out of 5 stars not phasing my dog..., June 2 2012
My dog has a thick coat, so I thought that was the problem, so I shaved his neck hair. This thing still didn't make him react in the slightest. Plus, we bought this for our farm dog, to teach him to not chase cars. But it turns off on its own, and has to resync, ie, I have to press his collar, and the controller at the same time. So, by the time I hear the car barrelling up the road, it is already too late to use the beep (which was getting his attention). But without the shock, the dog learned to ignore the beep anyway. Just no good for large, furry, car chasing farm dogs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Training Collar, Feb. 27 2012
It works great under wet and dity conditions my dog is all year round outside in swamps and winter in snow...it works how it's supposed to..

Only down side, for my dog Husky mix with german sheppard male, very thick neck fur so the collar needs to be very tioght, but after a while u only rely on the beep feature

1.0 out of 5 stars intermittent functionality, Dec 26 2013
started using it just in my back yard and for a week it worked fine, the second week the dog 1 setting didn't work properly, took out battery from remote to see if I could reset it but I could. only program dog 2. Dog 2 does seem to work work like dog one did. when press the sound button it beeps once when it does beep. tried it at a dog park and there is no way he was 100 yards away and not working... no way it works at 400 yards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly, May 17 2013
was frustrated at first because I couldn't get the transmitter to talk to the receiver. I wrote the representative who told me take out the battery and then re-install. Thay didn't work; however, it made me wonder if the battery that came with the equipment might not be putting out enough power. Sure enough: I replaced that battery with a new one and poof, everything worked as advertised!

We have a very smart 3 year-old Cavalier King Charles who was used to doing what he wanted. We wanted him to be off the leash to enjoy our expanse of property. First day using this device and he has been off the leash since and very obedient.

Advice: use the zap sparingly. Always preceed the zap with a vibration and an ultrasound. Then the dog will react to the sound and the vibration and you won't need to zap. Also, command first and only use this device if he fails to act on the command.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good training unit, works well., July 13 2012
I bought this unit for my adopted 4 year old German Shepherd who wouldn't listen to some of my commands.
She also had a bad habit of chasing small animals and would run into the street to get them.
I used the unit for several weeks and only had to use the shock option (level 2) on three occasiions.
Now she listens very well. I still use the collar when we're outside, as a reminder and use the "beep" setting for some occasional correction when she fails to respond to my commands.
I would recommend this product to any dog owner who needs some training assistance.

The only issue with the unit is the collar. It's plastic and becomes very brittle when temps hit below 0.
And this unit only seems to be able to deliver a shock correction with the plastic collar.
I found this out after the plastic collar broke, and tried repleacing it with a regular nylon collar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the remote, July 22 2014
Love the remote. It helps to keep my dog on an even keel as he can get over excited when other dogs approach. We went from almost constant use to keep him in control to now only using occasionally (and just the vibration mode) as a reminder on how to behave. The beautiful thing now is that the other dog owners in the park love having him play with their dogs as he has become so well behaved and we can even let him run around freely without worrying that he'll take off on us. Great product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›