march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on January 31, 2012
The seller was good. the collar arrived faster then expected so that was great. The only issues I have with the product is the instructions that came with it. they are really weak and it is going to take some playing with the collar to figure it out.

IE:Iit does not tell you that when you put the batteries in the collar it can take a long time (15 min) before the collar is ready.

also you get a extra LED light in there, which is nice, but it does not tell you what it is for, so you sit there trying to figure out what to do with it. Thank god I know what an LED looks like other wise I would have no idea what to.
on August 14, 2013
Others reviewing this training collar had complaints regarding battery life. That has not been our finding - indeed training aid works well for several days. We do take the collar off over night of course. A great way to train the dog to stay away from areas or stop getting into mischief - without constantly telling the dog to stop - or no. We're we bought it. By the way, the batteries were reportedly some tone expensive - but if you buy them through Amazon, they are reasonably priced.
on March 7, 2014
Wasn't keen on using this kind of collar but I have a stubborn dog that could get herself in trouble quickly by her "selective hearing". The vibration mode is all I've had to use to train her what is proper behavior and what isn't. It's all I needed.
on April 11, 2013
The collar arrived quickly, well packaged and with extra batteries and parts. The short instruction leaflet left a lot to be desired, I am assuming it was translated from another language as it made little or no sense. I know what shock collars do so I knew how it worked and how to use it.
To the reviewers who thinks these collars are cruel, you have obviously never seen a dog with a strong prey drive get up close and personal with a porcupine. I have no intention of allowing this to happen to my dog again. I will only use the weakest setting possible (number 6) rather than the strongest (number 1) to distract my dog's attention from potential prey and we can still enjoy off leash walks in the bush.
on December 22, 2013
My large lab loves to run and seldom came back when called. With the collar I have only had to use the vibrate so far as he quickly learned to return. Shocking will be the final resort if it is ever required. Good buy.
on July 25, 2013
I don't use the shock functions as even on the lowest setting they seem harsh but the vibrate function has been superb in training my 3 year old for an improved recall :)
on February 12, 2013
Super fast delivery. All parts were included, as well as extras.

Some things in the instructions are confusing: I see only one slot for a battery in the receiver, while the instructions indicate two. Five batteries are included.

The instructions indicate that the highest level of stimulation is at Level 1. The #1 button is at the top of the remote on the right, with #4 on the left; these two buttons are larger than all others. The vibrate button is the smallest just below the top two.

The instructions indicate that the lowest level of stimulation is level 6--a button at the bottom on the far left.

As a right-handed person, I suspect that the buttons I want to use most are the hardest to reach. Intuitively, one would expect #1 to be the lowest level of shock and #6 to be the highest. This may have caused some unnecessary distress to at least one previous reviewer.

Unlike some other reviewers, I haven't had any battery problems despite cold weather. On the other hand, I don't over-use the buttons. Mostly, I've used the vibrate button (the smallest one) to pair with the recall command, and buttons 6 to 4 on occasion, when my dog is excited or has been running and isn't as sensitive as when he's calm. I have a 90 pound intact male Doberman, but he is a fairly sensitive dog. I've never needed to try the 1-3 buttons, which are the highest level of stimulation.

I would say that this item is a good alternative for someone who has a few problems to work on, rather than someone who's planning to do extensive training. For someone who trains a lot, the Dogtra is more durable but also expensive.
on July 10, 2014
WORKS GREAT. VERY MILD STATIC SHOCK, FOR ANYONE WHO MAY BE WORRIED ABOUT IT BEING TO STRONG. BATTERIES DIE QUICK.
on March 28, 2014
Product came fast and it's just as described. Did not have to zap my dog yet, vibration is sufficient. I have a small dog and even level one seems to be very strong (tried it out on my hand). One part in the package I did not know what to do with, but it works well, so I don't worry about it.
on March 25, 2013
Does the job that I require it to do, and does not hurt the dog in any way shape or form