5.0 out of 5 stars nothing to Explain
Published on Oct. 28 2011 by pen name one

3.0 out of 5 stars I expected better....
This is not a bad album - in fact, there are some very good tracks. Unfortunately there are a few very predictable, boilerplate type tracks as well. Joe Bonamasa is understated and the perfect sideman.
Published on April 1 2012 by Nezzy1

5.0 out of 5 stars nothing to Explain, Oct. 28 2011
This review is from: Don't Explain (Audio CD)
Hart has a great voice, up there with all the iconic and best female singers you can think of from the 20th Century. She's soulful and moody at times and can let rip whenever she wants to. Bonammasa is probably the best blues and blues/rock guitar player of his generation. Here he hangs back a lot and allows the spot light to shine brightest on Hart. His playing is tasteful and thoughtful as ever and he is obvioulsy trying not make it the focus of attention as it would be on one of his solo albums. Altogether this is a wonderful musical marriage worth every single penny and all 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars It's titled "Don't Explain" so I won't., Jan. 10 2012
This review is from: Don't Explain (Vinyl) (LP Record)
This is my first LP purchase of 2012 and I'll have to do my homework and get lucky sometime this year to find another that is as good, if that's possible. Don't think about this one, you will NEVER regret buying it. Still gives me shivers on some songs and I simply HAVE TO turn others up, way up.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Awesome, Sept. 7 2013
This review is from: Don't Explain (Audio CD)
Beth Hart has an awesome voice, and is a good songwriter. I enjoyed the cd very much. I'll drink to that !

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluesy., July 30 2013
K. Sheppard - See all my reviews
This review is from: Don't Explain (Audio CD)
I love the raspy voice of Beth Hart and the Joe is amazing on the guitar. I enjoy most songs on this cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars five stars*****, July 13 2013
This review is from: Don't Explain (Audio CD)
If I start naming my favourites, it would be pointless. They are all great.
You cannot tear yourself away from Beth Hart's vocals and the talent of Joe
Bonamassa. I do love Chocolate Jesus and I'd rather go blind.
The whole world should know of these two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than expected., Feb. 5 2013
Finny (Cookstown, Ontario, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Don't Explain (Audio CD)
Haven't stopped playing it since it arrived. Whether you love Joe or Beth or both of them, together they are awesome. Wish I could give this more than 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary Knitting, Dec 30 2012
This review is from: Don't Explain (Audio CD)
Track 8, "I'll Take Care of You," is a phenomenal example of the blending voice and guitar when both are stunning. Pay the price of this CD for this one song. While the rest are very, very good - this song on this recording is the absolute best I have ever heard, and I'm an old geezer who has heard plenty. Bonamassa has the ability to get peak performance from others. A completely different yet similar example is his work with Jimmy Barnes ("Too Much Ain't Enough Love.")

3.0 out of 5 stars I expected better...., April 1 2012
This review is from: Don't Explain (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Collaboration Between Joe Bonamassa and Beth Hart, March 8 2015
Mark Anderson (Victoria, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Don't Explain (Audio CD)
This is an excellent 2011 album from Joe Bonamassa and Beth Hart, featuring ten great covers.

I bought this CD because I like Joe Bonamassa's work. I had not heard of Beth Hart, or heard her music, before buying this CD but after hearing this I'll be checking out more of her work. She can go from very good covers of Billie Holliday (Don't Explain) to sounding like Janis Joplin and other top 20th century female vocalists.

She's certainly one of the best female vocalists currently on the scene. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Waste of Money I was initially excited about this album, March 7 2015
A Waste of Money
I was initially excited about this album, given the high quality of some of Bonamassa's other output, e.g. Live at Albert Hall. I was extremely disappointed, however, in the quality of this CD. Many of the song choices were absolutely wrong for the singer, who tortures such standards as the title track 'Don't Explain'. Beth Hart may be a great singer, but the arrangements are terrible.

Don't Explain
Don't Explain by Beth Hart / Joe Bonamassa (Audio CD - 2011)