march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 28, 2011
Hart has a great voice, up there with all the iconic and best female singers you can think of from the 20th Century. She's soulful and moody at times and can let rip whenever she wants to. Bonammasa is probably the best blues and blues/rock guitar player of his generation. Here he hangs back a lot and allows the spot light to shine brightest on Hart. His playing is tasteful and thoughtful as ever and he is obvioulsy trying not make it the focus of attention as it would be on one of his solo albums. Altogether this is a wonderful musical marriage worth every single penny and all 5 stars
on January 10, 2012
This is my first LP purchase of 2012 and I'll have to do my homework and get lucky sometime this year to find another that is as good, if that's possible. Don't think about this one, you will NEVER regret buying it. Still gives me shivers on some songs and I simply HAVE TO turn others up, way up.
on December 30, 2012
Track 8, "I'll Take Care of You," is a phenomenal example of the blending voice and guitar when both are stunning. Pay the price of this CD for this one song. While the rest are very, very good - this song on this recording is the absolute best I have ever heard, and I'm an old geezer who has heard plenty. Bonamassa has the ability to get peak performance from others. A completely different yet similar example is his work with Jimmy Barnes ("Too Much Ain't Enough Love.")
on December 27, 2012
I've been following Joe Bonamassa's career for some time now and, never have I felt that he doesn't give the best of myself each time he goes into the studio. Mind you, it doesn't mean that every new album is better than the last, but that his craft and his musical personality are getting finer and finer. And this album is the best example there is of that ongoing evolution. In fact, it's primarily a Beth Hart album. The album could've been a duel of sort between guitar and voice, but it's much more than that. Joe is voluntarily not driving, but in the back seat. He's not there ro steal the show or even share the front-scene. He has the elegance (the musical maturity) to step back, so that Beth Hart can have all the space that she deserves to showcase her tremendous talent and mastery of the blues idiom. These two artists have concocted a fabulous cocktail of songs, some old, some new, with a freshness, a crispness and a gut feeling that will stir your inside for sure. Either that, or you're already dead !...
on July 13, 2013
If I start naming my favourites, it would be pointless. They are all great.
You cannot tear yourself away from Beth Hart's vocals and the talent of Joe
Bonamassa. I do love Chocolate Jesus and I'd rather go blind.
The whole world should know of these two.
on April 1, 2012
This is not a bad album - in fact, there are some very good tracks. Unfortunately there are a few very predictable, boilerplate type tracks as well. Joe Bonamasa is understated and the perfect sideman.
This is an excellent 2011 album from Joe Bonamassa and Beth Hart, featuring ten great covers.

I bought this CD because I like Joe Bonamassa's work. I had not heard of Beth Hart, or heard her music, before buying this CD but after hearing this I'll be checking out more of her work. She can go from very good covers of Billie Holliday (Don't Explain) to sounding like Janis Joplin and other top 20th century female vocalists.

She's certainly one of the best female vocalists currently on the scene. Highly recommended.
on February 5, 2013
Haven't stopped playing it since it arrived. Whether you love Joe or Beth or both of them, together they are awesome. Wish I could give this more than 5 stars.
on March 7, 2015
A Waste of Money
I was initially excited about this album, given the high quality of some of Bonamassa's other output, e.g. Live at Albert Hall. I was extremely disappointed, however, in the quality of this CD. Many of the song choices were absolutely wrong for the singer, who tortures such standards as the title track 'Don't Explain'. Beth Hart may be a great singer, but the arrangements are terrible.
on January 23, 2012
Each of these two performers are great on their own, but together they make magic. Beth's vocals bring a passion to these songs that is nothing short of amazing. Joe's guitar is perhaps a little understated on this CD but is nonetheless six string gold. This album is easily my favourite release of 2011. I am hoping they plan to release a Blu-ray of their performances sometime in the near future.