march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Color: Empire Red|Change

on September 25, 2012
This chopper is cute and does a very good job, I love it. It is however a little hard to open and close because it does not have a handle to grab on to. I hope it will come with time and as I get use to it.KitchenAid KFC3511ER 3.5-Cup Chef's Chopper, Empire Red
on February 28, 2012
Does a great job. It's fast, easy to operate and clean, and attractive to look at. I would recommend it for anyone who wants just a simple food chopper.
on June 15, 2015
Love the colours and that is about it...

I was rather disappointed upon receiving this as a recent birthday present. Upon arrival I was thrilled as it matched my kitchen aid stand mixer (love that little bugger) however upon first use I was instantly and unfortunately dissatisfied with the product.

I first tried chopping red and green peppers which to me is a wonderful test subject, due to there thick membrane, and you always need a sharp blade to get a clean cut on them.

These supposed "serrated blades" were ment to do the job, however they masserated my peppers and and basically left me with pepper soup and when strained the peppers were chopped. I first started by cutting large sized peppers In half, then each half into quarters, and I added half a pepper at a time before stating this bad boy up. The dice on them were more strips/triangles and we're highly inconsistent in size and shape including some whole pieces left.

Onions seemed to do a good job however they were consistent In size when at a fine chop state.

Whole Carrots were cut into eights and added half full in the bowl and I found that was to much. I was unable to obtain a consistent shape till it was at a fine dice state.

Was to scared to try soft mushrooms that is for sure hahaha.

Cleanup was alright I did find the lids were a bit of a pain to get apart and one did have to play with it a bit to get it open most of the time.

Overall size, colour, puree, and storage are what I would give a high rating for on this product
on June 29, 2013
Pros: Affordable price and worth every penny. Easy to use. Easy to clean. Effective. Chops rough to fine very well and purees meat and veggies in seconds, turns hard parmesan cheese into dust in seconds . Perfect for chopping veggies, making dressings, garlic/onion mincing, cheese grating, mixing wet or dry ingredients. Chops, mixes and purees evenly doesn't get clumped up like in a blender. Great tool for making baby food as well as baking prep or pie crusts. Time saving and perfect for "from scratch" cooking. Excellent for a small kitchen, fits in a regular sized cupboard easily; no bigger than a mixing bowl. It is also safe when plugged in because blade does not move unless the base,blade and top lid have been properly placed.

Cons: Noisy when in use but this only lasts for a few seconds because it works quickly; do not use late at night if you have thin walls and angry neighbours.

Lastly, take in mind it is 3.5 cups and so if you're cooking for a big family, party or a recipe that has 3 or so cups of liquid or dry ingredients you may need to chop or puree in 2 steps instead of one but the extra step is worth the benefits. This food processor is perfect for everyday use and if you don't want to spend a lot on a bigger capacity processor or if you have a small kitchen (limited storage/counter space).
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 31, 2013
Got this on sale and I love it! This little guy is perfect for making things like salsa, hummus, etc. and for chopping onions in seconds.
on April 28, 2012
I love my KitchenAid 3.5 cup chef's chopper.
It is just the right size for quick chops and things like homemade salsa.
I keep it near the stove for quick access.No need to buy breadcrumbs.
Chop nuts in seconds. Chop onions and mushrooms. The possibilities are
endless. You will love it. If it's not big enough I just use my 9 cup
KitchenAid food processor. I love KitchenAid.
on December 31, 2012
I never owned a food processor before. This was an impulse purchase from Cyber Monday sales and it saved my life through the Christmas season from stuffing to coleslaw.

This is almost a must have for making baby food!!! WAY better than the immersion blender I bought and that broke the third time I tried to use it.
on February 5, 2013
I bought this KitchenAid Chopper as a replacement for a Cuisinart Mini-Prep Processor that lamentably ended its career by plunging from my kitchen island counter onto a tile floor. The KitchenAid has similar capacity and performs comparably, with a power rating of 240 Watts (vs the Cuisinart at 250W). It is available in a variety of exciting colours. It is 9" tall and about 6" in diameter. The 24" power cord is very stiff. My overall impression of the Chef's Chopper is of cheap Chinese plastic, and it is definitely not worth it's list price of nearly $70...so wait for a 50% off sale. Mine did not come with the "handy spatula" mentioned in Amazon's "From the Manufacturer" description. The Chef's Chopper does a great job for its intended tasks such as chopping garlic, onions, parsley, and for making salad dressing. It has a one-year "No Hassle" warranty, but the chopper must be returned to a KitchenAid Service Centre (which may not be conveniently located to you) - and hang onto your bill of sale!
on March 8, 2013
This is the best kitchen appliance I have ever owned. It is a wonderful time saver and very easy to use and clean up!
on July 12, 2013
I just got my processor, and I'm super happy with the super saver shipping. I have never gotten something so fast in the mail in Canada!

First thing I did was make salsa! It does a good job with the garlic and onions, if you want them very fine. It's not perfect with rough chop, but I can get over that. It was less than ideal chopping up my jalapeno and pushed the large thin fibers against the sides, but I moved on. When chopping the tomatoes, I found tilting and shaking the processor a bit helped and I mostly acquired my rough chop.

In all, I really enjoyed it. It's pretty good for a low priced processor and I'm sure if anything goes wrong, Kitchenaid will honour replacement parts. But I don't expect I'll be using it weekly. Unless I do! We'll see!