countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Furniture Music Deals Store sports All-New Kindle Tools

Color: Empire Red|Change

on May 20, 2016
Amazing little machine! Love the purée button. The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars is because you have to keep your finger on the buttons. I wish there was an option to press them down and they'd stay down. Otherwise its the best 50$ i've spent on a food processor.
on June 15, 2015
Love the colours and that is about it...

I was rather disappointed upon receiving this as a recent birthday present. Upon arrival I was thrilled as it matched my kitchen aid stand mixer (love that little bugger) however upon first use I was instantly and unfortunately dissatisfied with the product.

I first tried chopping red and green peppers which to me is a wonderful test subject, due to there thick membrane, and you always need a sharp blade to get a clean cut on them.

These supposed "serrated blades" were ment to do the job, however they masserated my peppers and and basically left me with pepper soup and when strained the peppers were chopped. I first started by cutting large sized peppers In half, then each half into quarters, and I added half a pepper at a time before stating this bad boy up. The dice on them were more strips/triangles and we're highly inconsistent in size and shape including some whole pieces left.

Onions seemed to do a good job however they were consistent In size when at a fine chop state.

Whole Carrots were cut into eights and added half full in the bowl and I found that was to much. I was unable to obtain a consistent shape till it was at a fine dice state.

Was to scared to try soft mushrooms that is for sure hahaha.

Cleanup was alright I did find the lids were a bit of a pain to get apart and one did have to play with it a bit to get it open most of the time.

Overall size, colour, puree, and storage are what I would give a high rating for on this product
on June 29, 2013
Pros: Affordable price and worth every penny. Easy to use. Easy to clean. Effective. Chops rough to fine very well and purees meat and veggies in seconds, turns hard parmesan cheese into dust in seconds . Perfect for chopping veggies, making dressings, garlic/onion mincing, cheese grating, mixing wet or dry ingredients. Chops, mixes and purees evenly doesn't get clumped up like in a blender. Great tool for making baby food as well as baking prep or pie crusts. Time saving and perfect for "from scratch" cooking. Excellent for a small kitchen, fits in a regular sized cupboard easily; no bigger than a mixing bowl. It is also safe when plugged in because blade does not move unless the base,blade and top lid have been properly placed.

Cons: Noisy when in use but this only lasts for a few seconds because it works quickly; do not use late at night if you have thin walls and angry neighbours.

Lastly, take in mind it is 3.5 cups and so if you're cooking for a big family, party or a recipe that has 3 or so cups of liquid or dry ingredients you may need to chop or puree in 2 steps instead of one but the extra step is worth the benefits. This food processor is perfect for everyday use and if you don't want to spend a lot on a bigger capacity processor or if you have a small kitchen (limited storage/counter space).
on June 20, 2016
I have used this chopper twice so far chopping vegetables. After barely using it I did notice a slight burning smell, but wasn't sure if it was just a new plastic smell. The machine got slightly warm but I wouldn't say it felt anywhere near what you'd call overheated. I've never had a chopper/food processor before so maybe I'm not the best judge of this.

The machine chopped up the vegetables to my satisfaction. It all seemed pretty evenly chopped. I was making a thai curry paste and wanted to puree the veggies and it did its job, and quickly.

3.5 cups seems a bit small but probably a good size for me anyhow since I am only cooking for myself.

Many people complained the lid is hard to take off but I did not find this at all. The very top of the lid has an area to pour liquids through while chopping and I'm thinking people may have confused that as the grip to twist the lid off. This is not the case. If you hold onto the back piece of the lid (where the chop/puree buttons are) then sliding it over is very easy.

Overall I like this little machine so far. It's chopped what I wanted to I really like the sleek look of it and it doesn't take up much storage space in my condo.
on December 31, 2012
I never owned a food processor before. This was an impulse purchase from Cyber Monday sales and it saved my life through the Christmas season from stuffing to coleslaw.

This is almost a must have for making baby food!!! WAY better than the immersion blender I bought and that broke the third time I tried to use it.
on September 25, 2012
This chopper is cute and does a very good job, I love it. It is however a little hard to open and close because it does not have a handle to grab on to. I hope it will come with time and as I get use to it.KitchenAid KFC3511ER 3.5-Cup Chef's Chopper, Empire Red
on February 28, 2012
Does a great job. It's fast, easy to operate and clean, and attractive to look at. I would recommend it for anyone who wants just a simple food chopper.
on July 20, 2016
Got this as a gift . thankfully Amazon refunded my money!
The cord to the wall is so short I have to lean over my counter to use it ... I could not get it open without the help of my husband the first time as it was stuck closed like glue --- I still could not open/close it so it was returned.
A soggy, wet mushroom got "stuck" between the blade and the wall of the chopper and stopped the thing completely. What the heck?
For KitchenAid, whose stand mixers are kitchen royalty this was a horrifying letdown.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 31, 2013
Got this on sale and I love it! This little guy is perfect for making things like salsa, hummus, etc. and for chopping onions in seconds.
on April 25, 2016
Works very well but is quite noisy at high speed. It is capable of pureeing food much better than my big KitchenAid food processor and is great for making guacamole, chicken liver mousse and the like.
The cover is of a fairly complicated design, consisting of several pieces of plastic that might collect food particles inside but so far, so good.
Would definitely recommend it.