Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen All-New Kindle Paperwhite Deal of the Day - The Beatles in Mono 14LP Vinyl Box Set SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide

Format: Blu-rayChange

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(2 star).Show all reviews
on May 16, 2000
First of all, a big "shame on you" to all the people who totally panned this movie. It's not bad, but not the artistic masterpiece the people who loved it make it out to be. When you love something, you tend to get a bit biased. I first saw this movie on video due to missing it in the week long run it had at the local art house. I was entertained, but something was lacking. I couldn't relate with the main character, Max, as I feel the intended theme was. I found the character annoying and void of a reason to sympathise with. I liked Bill Murray's role and wished he had gotten more screen time. I would rate this movie as it is: Anderson's sophomoric film endeavor. It's a nice homage to the teen that tried (like the film "Lucas" just not as Hollywood). It's not as "haha" funny as it is a subtle funny, so don't get fooled into thinking you'll be belly-rolling out of your chair. It's entertaining if you don't relate with the main character, but if you do, I'm sure it's a gem to treasure always; it just isn't for me. Rent it before you go out and throw down $30 on the Criterion version.
on October 19, 2000
After reading the reviews here, I could not wait to see Rushmore. I tried to place the hype out of my mind while watching. I was thoroughly disappointed. Yes, Jason and Bill acted their parts well. But that isn't saying much considering their roles were those of completely unlikable people. The plot was lame lame lame and without merit. What troubles me even more is the number of people who would rate this film as a "Classic". Hogwash. The extras are interesting, but it is difficult to be interested in extras when the film is completely uninteresting to begin with. Rushmore was a dud. Watch it once. But be most entertained by reading the reviews here.
on November 8, 2001
This movie has a lot going for it, including my all time favorite Bill Murray. But its not a Bill Murray movie. Its not even a slap your knee comedy. It gives you a wry smile every now and then, and a few smirks out of interesting scenes. Its a movie about a precosious(sic) kid and crush he has on Isabella and on the lonely man, Bill Murray. Its a story thats OK, but not as some say, great. If this was a drama special on TV, it would be great. But as a feature film that you sit down with refreshments and your family to watch excepting a hollywood produced film, well its just too small to please.