5.0 out of 5 stars Great Songs by Rihanna, Sept. 11 2011
Stella Carrier "joyfulwoman2078" - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Loud (Audio CD)
"Loud" by Rihanna is very fun to listen to. The songs on this "Loud" collection are up-tempo and enjoyable to listen to. My favorite song on this collection by Rihanna is "Cheers (Drink to That)" with Avril Lavigne. I enjoyed the "Cheers" song because it sent a message to strive to be happy and have fun regardless of what others think or say about you. This meaning is essential to hear because it is more beneficial for overall well-being to avoid concerning oneself with what others may think of them. I say this more from a more aware perspective because I have personally found that others are going to think and/or say whatever they want regardless of personal joy level. Therefore, living your life towards what feels joyful is more important than being concerned about gossip. The "Cheers" musical track communicates this theme very well. "Loud" by Rihanna is great to get if you enjoy any of Rihanna's songs, especially "Umbrella" and/or "Drive". This is due to the fact that Rihanna's music on this cd is in the same upbeat spirit as those two songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars The LOUDEST, Oct. 25 2012
ANDROIDtyler - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is definitely my favorite Rihanna album. I like every song on here and I think every song could’ve been a single. Luckily, The album spun off six singles (and a sequel of another one).

My top five songs on this album are:

WHAT’S MY NAME (feat. Drake) – This is my favorite song from Rihanna. The beat is so infectious; I have it on repeat all of the time and never get sick of it. Her 8th #1 hit.

ONLY GIRL (IN THE WORLD) – The chorus of this is amazing. I love how it’s so different from the verses. Never got sick of this either. Her 9th #1.

MAN DOWN – I really think reggae and Caribbean flavors fit Rihanna the best for obvious reasons, and she sounds the most comfortable singing these kinds of songs. This is a great song with a great video.

COMPLICATED – A really good up-tempo dance song with rock elements on it. At first I didn’t really like her voice on this song but the more I listened, the more it grew on me.

S&M – This took some time to grow on me, but it does have a great beat. Her 10th #1 (thanks to the remix with Britney Spears).

Other great tracks are: LOVE THE WAY YOU LIE (PART II) and CALIFORNIA KING BED.

This version also features a fun DVD with behind the scenes footage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loud CD Awesome, May 4 2012
C. Preston "Tunes Junkie" (Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Loud (Audio CD)
This CD is really worth buying. Of course it's had alot of video & radio play so most of you will be aware of that. However what I like about this CD is how you always get a good mix of song types from Rihanna. Some of the tunes are really great dance/club songs and others are her more sensitive side calm, relaxing & telling such as California King Bed, Fading, Skin. I loved Cheers (Drink To That); it was a real switch using her Bahamian accent in the song (and I think she should do more songs with her natural voice) like this one; as well loved the background vocal with Avril Lavigne my hometown girl which really worked well with this song even though she didn't do lyrics per se. S&M is also a really cool club song; so great to hear a chick free enough to sing/say what she wants without any inhibition or being restricted by the music industry. Good on you Rihanna; yet again another great CD!

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually 3.5 Stars - much better than your average pop/dance, Nov. 23 2010
B. Keith (Kingston, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Loud (Audio CD)
Ignore that childish one-star review. Don't take my word for it; note that the Globe and Mail newspaper gave it 3.5/4 stars.

Rihanna, whether you like her hyper-sexualized presentation -- as a guy, I find it often over the top, hence "unsexy" sometimes (ladies, you cannot "overpower" men with sexuality -- well, okay some guys will go for it, but not decent guys) -- is quite talented, if not quite up there with Madonna, Whitney, and Beyonce (yet).

Moreover, her (or her producer's) music selections are fairly imaginative in terms of song-writing, rhythms, and arrangements.

Yes, some of the lyrics delve into dark areas (e.g., masochism), but overall the direction is positive -- and I hate this word, but "empowering".

Mostly, the disc is enjoyable, rhythmic, fresh pop/dance/R&B music, with some edge.

Well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, July 12 2011
this amazing set is in a vinyl sized cardboard digipak ( i posted a picture comparing it ), and has the cd and a dvd. it also comtains a lithograph ( a sparkly poster) and a picture book ( the book is different than the cd booklet and is just as big as the case). this amazing set also comes with a clear cover that says "Rihanna + Loud" in sparkly silver letters. the outer packaging also has a sticker ( if anyone cares :P ) in all , this is an amazing set worth all the money! by the way, this is not the autographed version.

ARRAY(0xa9b288d0)

Loud
Loud by Rihanna (Audio CD - 2011)
Click for more info