5.0 out of 5 stars THE EPIC OF ALL EPICS
Gone With The Wind is one of my favorite films OF ALL TIME. No matter how many times I watch it, I find myself engulfed,overwhelmed,moved to tears, chilled to the bone, and amazed at the pure marvelousness of the entire thing.EVERY FREAKING TIME.
Published on June 13 2004 by adriana

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing box set
Please note that my disappointment was in no way with "Gone With the Wind" itself, which is, as we all know, is one of the greatest movies of all time. I couldn't say anything about this wonderful film that hasn't been said already. This big, lush, box set, however, left a lot to be desired.
Let's start with the 8 original limited edition lobby card prints. They're...
Published on Feb. 17 2004 by jenbird

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing box set, Feb. 17 2004
This review is from: Gone With the Wind [Import] (DVD)
Let's start with the 8 original limited edition lobby card prints. They're obviously colorized, and hideously so. Mammy in a neon pink headdress? The same neon pink as the stripes on the soldier's pants at the charity bazaar? I don't think so. And excuse me, the dress Scarlett wore when she fled from Atlanta and for some time after that was lavendar, not French's mustard yellow. Nor is anyone's skin that "flesh" color, ever.
Moving on to the 6 original black and white photograph cards (and why would you print black and white photos of a beautiful color movie like this, anyway?)...I could have done a better job on my home computer, with screen captures. The pictures, which include Rhett at the bottom of the stairs seeing Scarlett for the first time, are very blurry. Even the close up of Rhett and Scarlett about to kiss (after Frank Kennedy's funeral) isn't clear.
The 35 mm film frame I received was of Rhett bidding Scarlett farewell on the road to Tara; the accompanying art graphic is very dark and muddy. I have to hold the film cell up to bright light to even see it, so forget about framing it.
The 27x40 movie poster was very nice, and I'll end up getting a frame to display it.
The DVD lists its "special features" as interactive menus and scene access; isn't that pretty much standard by now? The extras consist of a trivia game (you don't guess the answers, they'll give them to you on the next screen) and the movie trailer. That's it. One of the greatest films of all time, and that's the best you can do? What about the excellent documentary "The Making of a Legend: Gone With the Wind"? I have that on VHS and it's wonderful. That could have been added to make a two disc set.
I'd wanted "GWTW" on DVD for a long time, and instead of buying the much less expensive DVD (where I could have had a choice of standard or widescreen versions), I had to hold out for the big box set. I wonder now why I bothered.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE EPIC OF ALL EPICS, June 13 2004
adriana "alisa" (Los Angeles,CA,USA) - See all my reviews
The acting is BRILLIANT from absolutely everyone.That's right, not a single performance is anything less than awe-inspiring.From Vivian Leigh as fearless and strong-willed Southern belle Scarlett O'Hara, to Clark Gable(WHY DIDN'T HE WIN THE OSCAR???????!!!?????) as the ultimate "non-gentleman" Rhett Butler, to Leslie Howard as the gentle,but slightly weak-minded Ashley Wilkes, to Olivia De Havilland as the deeply humane, and physically weak Melanie Hamilton.And, who could forget Hattie McDaniel as the feisty Mammie?THIS IS SIMPLY ONE OF THE BEST CASTS OF ALL TIME, OR DAY I SAY THE BEST????Every performance, is, I repeat, a testament to the power of acting.
The dialogue is so damn good every time-and every scene stands out in my mind as a piece of cinematic history.And to those idiots who think that Scarlett O'Hara was a "bad,selfish" person, I could just spit on you.Here is a woman who had enough spirit and bravery to go against a society of pampered Southerners, a woman who fought with her sweat and blood to keep her family's plantation, a woman who rose after every war, ever obstacle, a woman who waded through burning cannons with a pregnant woman and a baby on her own-and you call her a bad person? Maybe she was selfish, but perhaps it was this selfishness that let her see that the important things in life weren't a good repuatation, or nice hands, but honor, and family, and the well-being of loved ones. She might have acted like a spoiled brat, but her fearless actions contradicted whatever egotism she may've shown through her words.
I don't care who you are, where you're from, if your favorite movie is the matrix, I DONT CARE, this is a film that, if there ever was one, can be loved by ever single living and breathing soul.In this three hours lies a treat drenched in truth about the (corny as this may sound, its true!) endurance of the human spirit, the ties which bind human beings,and simply life-what it can bring, what it can take away, and what it can retain.Watch this absolutely timeless masterwork and relish in the power of the incredible acting, the brilliance of the dialogue,each and every scene which results in a film which is by turns witty, smart,weary, romantic, tragic,epic-ally moving and spine chilling.Brilliant beyond all words-and an asbolute masterwork which has already gone down, and will continue being known as one of the cinema's greatest pieces of art.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst item that I got here in Amazon, April 1 2014
As a regular Amazon customer, I was quite disappointed of the quality of the product that I bought. I waited for so long to buy this special edition that I was shocked to find out that the package was damage, the red velvet box was damage in three corners. The book that comes inside its torn, it almost impossible to open it without damaging more. The piece with the blu ray and DVD, when I open it the plastic that hold them just fell from the cardboard,

I never had this quality before, and I got many special edition before, but even when some of them had some damage in their package, never as horrible as this one.

definitely it will affect my decision in spending money in expensive special blu ray or DVD edition again with Amazon if they can not guarantee the quality of the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A GREAT MOVIE..........., Feb. 1 2014
I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED A COPY OF THIS MOVIE AND WAS VERY PLEASED WITH MY PURCHASE. THE RE-MASTERING OF VIDEO AND SOUND WAS TREMENDOUS . I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS CLASSIC TO ALL. AND THE SERVICE FROM AMAZON WAS FIRST CLASS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Greatness, Dec 11 2013
Genny Walker (Toronto, Ontario, CA) - See all my reviews
there is very little that hasn't been said about this movie. The grandeur the spectacle the DRESSES. The color and restoration are perfect
delivery was quick and not damaged

5.0 out of 5 stars This is truly a classic, Feb. 27 2013
This movie is timeless and always enjoyable. I have always enjoyed it and now own it. One of our daughters was named after the little girl in the movie (Bonnie) - this has nothing to do with the movie but just something interesting I would throw in there. The movie has action, plot, romance, history and unfortunately also tragedy in some areas. But it is definitely one to see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the winner, March 15 2014
Who doesn't love GWTW. I believe it was one of the best movies ever and to see it in Blu-ray is even better. Its too bad Hollywood can't make movies like it anymore. Maybe some day, huh?

5.0 out of 5 stars A real classic..., March 10 2014
Diane Edwards - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Excellent movie. Have it on VHS and wanted it on DVD. A bit long but that's okay as I really love this movie with all the awesome actors that are in it. Costumes are wonderful too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disc Didn't Work, Jan. 29 2014
Lindsay Hobson "LINZ" (Vanocuver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gone with the Wind (Limited Edition SteelBook) [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français) (Blu-ray)
I bought this DVD over a year ago and just went to watch it the other day. I opened the package and put the disc into our DVD player and it didn't work. I tried a different DVD player and the Playstation - it wouldn't play on anything! Finally i looked at the back of the disc and there was nothing even burned on to the disc - it was blank. Very dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Un des grands classiques!, Jan. 29 2014
Ce film est un des grands classiques et je trouvais important de l'avoir en DVD et de pouvoir jeter mes vieilles cassettes vidéo!

ARRAY(0xad94d744)

Gone with the Wind (Limited Edition SteelBook) [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français)
CDN$ 22.99 CDN$ 21.98