5.0 out of 5 stars Canon EOS Rebel T3
For the price, you can't really find fault with this camera. A great entry-level SLR that will allow you to shoot like a professional with practice. Worthwhile purchase, especially if bought while on sale.
Published on April 1 2012 by Costa Mouzouris

3.0 out of 5 stars Great starter
Great starter camera, unfortunately the lens that came with it is imperfect. Be careful to check for that!
Great picture quality, nice features, decent price.
Published 29 days ago by Marissa

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon EOS Rebel T3, April 1 2012
Costa Mouzouris (Montreal, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T3 12.2MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 DC III Zoom Lens (Black) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use!!, Jan. 29 2012
Carole (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I am not a camera buff by any means. I find this camera easy to use, taking wonderful photos that amaze me. I plan on taking a camera course to utilize the camera to its full potential. I would recommend this camera to anyone including a novice like myself. I have no cons and only pros on the easy use. I am enjoying the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, perfect for recording family moments, Aug. 4 2012
Kirk Gravestock (Ottawa, Canada) - See all my reviews
I have had the camera for 4 weeks. I bought it to record a family holiday. The photos I took were inside and outside buildings. I am a pure amateur to photography and judge the camera on the basis of the quality of shots taken. The camera was consistenty brilliant, coping with all conditions and producing high quality shots. The camera settings are not complicated and my young son (13) was able to operate it with ease. Having researched the camera on the internet I bought it from Amzaon for the best price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, Aug. 17 2012
My husband bough me this camera for my birthday and I love it. Its exactly what I was looking for the pictures are great its easy to use I recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars well known to photographers, March 15 2012
i bought two cameras, one was the canon eos rebel t3. it is amazing. i actually bought them for two workers here in mongolia. this particular camera has already made its rounds, taking worthy shots of events taken in the workplace. i will for sure order from amazon again. their delivery is quick and on the time given. thumbs up for amazon.ca

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this camera, Dec 21 2012
WiredDan - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Pros:
- It's a DSLR - excellent picture quality hands down (day or NIGHT!)
- All auto option (if you are like me)
- Infinite number of manual settings (if you want to go pro...)
- Interchangeable lenses (looking forward trying macro and wide-angle some day...)
- Quick shots with viewfinder: flip the switch -> point -> shoot can be done under a second (love it!)
- Built-in flash is not as harsh as I expected and works well in most scenarios...
- The battery lasted through hundreds of shots before needing to recharge

Cons:
- It's definitely not a pocket or purse-size camera (size and weight are nontrivial...)
- Quick shots can only be achieved with the viewfinder (when aiming the camera via LCD it takes a long time to focus)
- Video quality is mediocre especially indoors and under low lighting (I guess it's just not meant for it)
- The lens in this set has no image stabilization (IS) (you'll need a tripod to get a decent shot with no-flash under low lighting)

Overall, any DSLR camera in this price range (379) is a steal... and this camera is by no means a low-end in either quality or features
I can defiantly appreciate all its pros and can easily mitigate all the cons... So its 5/5 for me and my needs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Oct. 30 2013
moose - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Was debating between a T3i and this T3. The T3 is excellent for an amateur photographer just learning to use a DSLR. I find it fast enough for my needs (occasional action shooting) but mostly use it to take pics of nature scenes and of stars (lots of time lapse photography). It would have been nice to have the higher resolution LCD panel from the T3i, but this is pretty much the only function I miss. I use the viewfinder to actually take the shot, so only miss it while reviewing photos. The non-swivel display isn't that big of a deal, and 12MP is more than enough unless you plan on having huge prints. If you plan on getting a really fast lens with a large aperture (f2 range) you may want to consider the T3i as it has a better focusing ability for these fast lenses. Overall, very pleased with the camera and would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Typical Canon quality, May 25 2013
Great camera but any hardware at this price point should come with a camera bag suited to the precise dimensions of the camera. Third party cases always involve a sizing compromise. The lens cover should be corded so that it can be attached to the camera and minimize the potential for misplacing or dropping it on the ground. The display should come with a protective film to minimize scratching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera!, Jan. 27 2012
I was so excited to open and start using this camera. I am not a knowledgeable photographer and I can already tell that there are many nuances to this camera that I will have to learn how to use, but there are also many features and settings that are easy to figure out. The camera itself tells you about each setting as you turn the dial, and even playing around with the buttons I was able to figure out how to change various things, for example making it black and white, blurring, vivid or soft colours, etc. I would recommend this camera to anyone who wants sharper, clearer images that look amazing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon EOS Rebel T3, Jan. 28 2013
Excellent value for the price.

Was set up in no time and we were taking pictures within minutes.

We used the auto focus setting and have stayed with it ever since although I look forward to graduating to the camera's higher capabilities.

Battery life is pretty good. Had to buy an HDMI cable to display photos on our HD TV.

This is my third Canon camera and I have never been disappointed