5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout
I have most of Jillian's workout DVDs and this one is excellent. Level 1 is the 30-minute portion of this workout; Level 2 is the 45-minute version and then there's Level 1 & 2 put altogether as a third option which equals over an hour.

Published on Dec 13 2011 by Red Pond Celi

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I am a HUGE fan of Jillian Michaels and her quick work out videos, but have to admit that I was pretty disappointed with this one. I've done the 30 day Shred and the Ripped in 30, both with great results. But I was looking for a new work out, and thought that this sounded like the next step up. Well, this one had way too much yoga and kick boxing in it, and not enough...
Published 22 months ago by Carley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout, Dec 13 2011
Red Pond Celi (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed (DVD)

Level 1 is decent (not easy-not hard) but is best incorporated with 2 because Level 1 more about warming up, toning and elongating the body in prep for Level 2 which is all strength, endurance, and power. Level 2 on its own makes me feel like a wimp, despite the fact that I'm fit and have been working out to her DVDs religiously for the last year. The combination of 1 and 2 is amazing and I know it's going to take a while before I can do this one without stopping to catch my breath or having a temporary meltdown.

GET THIS IF YOU WANT TO BE FIT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely Worth it!!!, Jan. 3 2012
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed (DVD)
I've been working out to Jillian Michaels' DVDs for years. From the "30day Shred" to "Ripped in 30" and now "Extreme Shed & Shred". I've tried many other DVD programs like P90X, Insanity, etc but i've always come back to Jillian. I have read a lot of negative feedback regarding her DVD's saying it's too easy, etc. Jillian provides you with plenty modification options to make the moves harder. People from any fitness level can use this workout dvd. If you're an advanced athlete, then add some weights to make the moves more challenging. No more excuses people. This is a very inexpensive way to get fit in your home without needing much (hand weights and a mat). Really. What do you have to lose? No pun intended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout!, Feb. 10 2012
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed (DVD)
Holy cow, this video is tough! You may have read others saying that it's easy - well, let me be honest with you: as with all workout DVDs, YOU choose the difficulty. Jillian gives you the beginner version, and yes, if you stick with beginner, it's still challenging, but easier. She also gives you the option to ramp it up. I faithfully workout - weights and cardio - and when you really push it, you are DEAD by the end. I did the first level and found myself quite sore the next day, but decided to try level two. Wow. I was sore (particularly my quads and triceps) for three days! Plus, there are some really neat combination moves and also a nice mixture of "yoga", kickboxing, and her usual cardio moves. Don't worry - if you do a lot of Jillian DVDs, it will feel fresh.
BOTTOM LINE - IT'S A KILLER WORKOUT. Literally. You can push yourself beyond your limits, but remember, you have to CHOOSE to work hard enough - not just with Jillian, but with every workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars You better be ready for this one!!!, Dec 10 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed (DVD)
Ok Jillian Michaels lovers...we wanted it, here it is!!! A little Warning: ENERGY is much needed for this workout...especially if you're planing on doing level 1 & 2 (to make it a 1 hour workout as she suggests). I did level 1 and burnt around 335 calories (used my heart rate monitor). I don't want to use the word "easy" (because it's not), but it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be (still talking about level 1 only). However, I do yoga and kickboxing every week (which she uses a lot in this DVD), along with JM's "Ripped in 30" AND "Killer Buns & Thighs", so I know that this helped me tremendously and allowed me to get through this level comfortably. Now, level 2 (ouch!), I only did the first 5 minutes of this level (after completing 1) and wimped out...sorry Jillian! As I mentioned, you need a lot of energy to do both levels. I am going to attempt BOTH levels tomorrow...I bet I lose those last 10 pounds in no time!!! All in all, LOVED IT!!! Thanks for an awesome addition to my JM collection...keep 'em coming!

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, May 13 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed (DVD)
I Bought this not from Amazon but from Walmart (they are of similar price) I don't have much time for going to the gym as a busy working mom of three this is ideal for an at home workout. I have only done level one and loved it. Great exercises with great cardio intervals which have proven to burn fat fast! I am aiming to lose at least 10 pounds and with this I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I will post an update later of my progress with this! Also there is a meal planner included if you go online. Jillian is a great motivator.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic product at an even better price!, Feb. 29 2012
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed (DVD)
great product for a great price and really fast shipping ! couldn't be happier !
jillian is a great trainer and amazon prices make it so affordable tog et in shape in the privacy of my own home !

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving Extreme Shred!, July 9 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed (DVD)
Jilian never disappoints and is definitely kicking my butt with this one! Good variety of moves with great cardio and strength exercises. I feel more "shredded" with every workout! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., Aug. 18 2012
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed (DVD)
This dvd is very good. It's intense and certain exercises are challenging but fun. It will make you sweat and you will feel the burn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging In Great Way, Jan. 19 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed (DVD)
Jillain Michaels workouts are quick and can be done anywhere. This one is the most challenging yet and really pushes your limits if you work hard.

5.0 out of 5 stars one, two or both, Oct. 3 2013
jan robson (Newmarket , Ontario,, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed (DVD)
Some days I have the energy to do both workouts and that is super. Other days I pick one and do a weight or yoga workout to go with it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed
Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed by Jillian Michaels (DVD - 2011)
CDN$ 14.99