5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! A dream for any Sailor Moon fan!
Published on May 21 2012 by Flemeth Dragon

1.0 out of 5 stars this is a bootleg
This is clearly a bootleg. the english versions of season 1 and 2 were only released on single discs and never in collection. and Stars have Never been released in north america.

This is not worth the paper and plastic it is printed on.
Published 9 months ago by David R Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! A dream for any Sailor Moon fan!, May 21 2012
This review is from: Sailor Moon: The Ultimate Uncut Collection (DVD)
I've had these DVD for about three weeks now. It's been great to revisit childhood memories. I'm kind of bummed about the 4:3 aspect ratio, which was standard at the time, but it still looks great on my LED TV with my upconverting DVD. The audio is AC3 digital, so it sounds good. The voices are exactly the same as the VHS and the episodes that aired on TV. Well, the DVD are basically the old VHS tapes but with better image and sound on discs. At first I purchased the Japanese Uncut version because I didn't know there were others. There are three kinds:

1- English Collection
2- The Japanese Uncut Collection (the one I originally bought)
3- The 'Ultimate' Collection (this one)

So make sure you get the one you want to avoid the hassle.

When I watched Sailor Moon on TV I had only seen seasons 1 and 2, so didn't what to expect from season 3 and 4. I'm kind of disappointed the voice actress changed for Sailor Moon in season 3, I liked the one from season 1 and 2 better, but the storyline is more mature and more interesting. I think the only voice actress that stayed the same throughout all four seasons was Sailor Jupiter (the tomboy tone is hard to miss).

Overall I'd suggest this to real fans or collectors. The series has aged well, and since Sailor Moon doesn't air on TV anymore, my young daughter gets to see it. For my son, who is 11, it was Star Wars. Each of my children will have received something special from my childhood, and I'm happy Sailor Moon is it! :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well done, worth every penny, April 4 2014
This review is from: Sailor Moon: The Ultimate Uncut Collection (DVD)
I was a little skeptical about ordering this because of the reviews that mentioned thing being a bootleg. I researched the product a lot. Most reviews that say this is a bootleg are either unverified buyers, first time reviewers (likely competitors of the seller) or bring up wrong facts. So I trusted the more positive reviews and pulled the trigger. I told myself I could always return them if they turned out to be fakes or of low quality.

If this is a pirated version, I say let them pirate everything! The transfers to DVD are beautifully done and the audio is spot on as well (limited to 2.0 due to the age of the show, not their fault). The cases are top quality and the disc labels are beautiful as well. They even come with inserts listing each episode by number. I'm really glad I did not listen to the idiot naysayers who don't know what they're talking about.

These also have a lifetime warranty, so a free replacement will be sent if you have an unfortunate incident.

I could not be more pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely worth it, Oct. 24 2014
Wordomancer (British Columbia, CANADA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sailor Moon: The Ultimate Uncut Collection (DVD)
Originally thought it was a lot of money to spend, but went for it anyway and I have not been disappointed! It would have paid for itself had I been alone in my enjoyment of it (wanted to see the complete Japanese version for the first time to compare with the NA dub), but friends and family have seen it on my shelf and excitedly started watching too. People I had no idea even liked it. Fantastic experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this show!, Sept. 6 2013
Heather A. Nicholson (Winnipeg, MB, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sailor Moon: The Ultimate Uncut Collection (DVD)
The show itself is wonderful and just as I remembered. I prefer the Japanese version with their names and dialogue since its a bit more mature than the English. But it was fun to watch the English version that I remembered from childhood. The only problem is with the Sailor Stars Series, the video quality isn't as good as the other seasons, as well as the subtitles don't show up sometimes so you don't know what they are saying for some lines.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition, Feb. 19 2012
This review is from: Sailor Moon: The Ultimate Uncut Collection (DVD)
This is an excellent addition to anyone's Sailor Moon collection. The quality is awesome and just the way I remember it! I love having it on hand whenever I would like to watch them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, Sept. 20 2011
This review is from: Sailor Moon: The Ultimate Uncut Collection (DVD)
Sailor Moon: The Ultimate Uncut CollectionI have waited for this for over a decade and it is great. I bought the ultimate uncut collection of Sailor moon on DVD and received it in about 2 weeks. I like the cases, the appearance of the discs and from what I have watched of the first season in Japanese so far is great. This definitely includes parts I never saw before in English tv broadcast and it is great to have the complete set. It after all this time. $200 is a great deal on it too. I used to pay approx $30 per vhs of Japanese sailor moon that only had about 4 episodes each. I had 4 seasons that got started but never finished and it added up to more than this cost. The only improvement could be digital remastering in a blueray disc set - I would buy that too.

1.0 out of 5 stars this is a bootleg, Feb. 19 2014
This review is from: Sailor Moon: The Ultimate Uncut Collection (DVD)

This is not worth the paper and plastic it is printed on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindboggingly fantastic, Aug. 1 2014
This review is from: Sailor Moon: The Ultimate Uncut Collection (DVD)
It's becoming more and more difficult to find quality products nowadays. It really doesn't matter what the product category is, it seems quality control no longer exists. My father has a drill he bought in the 70s he still uses to this day, while a brand new power tool I purchased in 2009 has already given out.

Media in general are no different. Before Netflix and Hulu and HBO Go, we bought a lot of DVD in our household, and we've seen it all. My Band of Brother chinese bootleg had better packaging than what I had bought in Europe, and the one from Europe was an "official" release. Dropping 200$ on DVD appears crazy in this day and age, and when I ordered them, I wasn't sure I would regret it. Fear not: there was no regret in sight, and hasn't been since we got it.

My better half plunged into them and binge watched three seasons in a week-end. What a Sailor Moon junkie. Then we binge watched season 4 and 5. We're keeping the movies for a rainy Saturday afternoon.

The Good:
-Crisp video and audio, really surprising given Sailor Moon's old age
-Fantastic packaging. The DVD cases are really high quality, I wish more studios used those tray mechanisms.
-The disc arts are clean and vibrant
-Inserts! I missed you inserts, you that was everywhere in the 90s and disappeared from so many releases in the 21st century. I like inserts. It makes the collection more complete.

The Bad:
-None whatsoever.

Either save up prime points or save up some dough. If you ever cared about collecting Sailor Moon episodes, it's a great time to get them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 29 2014
This review is from: Sailor Moon: The Ultimate Uncut Collection (DVD)
This was an excellent gift idea

5.0 out of 5 stars I have loved this series all throughout my childhood, Sept. 2 2014
This review is from: Sailor Moon: The Ultimate Uncut Collection (DVD)
I have loved this series all throughout my childhood. I can't wait until the Sailor Moon Crystal series are on DVD

Sailor Moon: The Ultimate Uncut Collection