biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on February 21, 2012
First of all my order was delivered very quickly. Everything was packaged very well, including the light bulbs...I had read some reviews on amazon.com for another brand, and they said that the bulbs were broken upon arrival, but not these ones, nor do I think they could break with how well they were packaged. They send a little instruction sheet on how to fold up the tent...I love instructions! I think they should have included instructions on how to assemble the lights to the stand as well, but after fiddling around with it for a bit I got it figured out.
Everything that came to me was as described in their write-up.
The photo tent is huge! I know it says that it is a 32 inch tent, but it is amazing how big 32 inch square is!
I'm not too impressed with the backdrops...I have only used the white and black...the white is fine, but the black is reflective, when I tried to use it, the sheen was overwhelming in my photos. I now use my own fabric as backdrops and this works fine for me.
I am very impressed with the light stands. Aluminum telescopic tripods...so much better than some of the other cheep stands I've seen.
The bulbs are real photography bulbs... a little dim, but with a few simple camera adjustments they are fine.
The tent does easily fit into it's little storage bag, but the kit itself could come with a storage bag...at the rate at witch I am able to take my product photos I will have this shipping box in my kitchen for a year.
For the most part I am very happy with this purchase!
review image review image
on January 24, 2013
This is a great item. Perfect for the budding photographer looking to get into still life portraits and product shots. It shipped quickly and without extraneous packaging. One quick note: the light tent is pretty big. Two feet square really takes over a table top, but the generous proportions are handy for larger items. Would definitely recommend this item to anyone looking for a well priced kit.
on January 2, 2013
Unit came in a timely fashion and met expectations. Only criticism I would have is directions as to how to refold the tent would be beneficial. It's like trying to refold one of those pop up tents... It opens so fast your initially at a loss as to how to fold it back up. A little google research and some trial and error resolved the problem :-)
on February 6, 2014
The light tent is a little tricky to get back into the case but all in all a good product. The lights provide adequate illumination for taking photos of large and small items.

It comes with three backgrounds however because the backgrounds are vinyl they and are folded, they have permanent creases which easily show up in photos. I would recommend using paper or some better quality backdrop for light coloured background.

The zip bag for the collapsed tent and backdrops is very cheaply made and has already fallen apart after only two weeks. However the lights, light stands and the light tent itself make this product still worth it. I've used the lights for some successful portrait photography as well.
on February 13, 2015
Pros
- In terms of lasting value, the bulb holders and tripod are modular and durable. The compacting process works smoothly.
- The lightbox functions reliably at "good" performance, and will last as long as it is handled carefully.

Cons
- Lightbox is difficult to recompact into its smallest form (requiring 2 infolds, first of which is easy, second is immensely hard), so its potential portability and ease of storage is downgraded.
- Bulbs are strong but not bright enough to solidly whiten the inside of the lightbox.
- Bulbs stick out of the holder's metal cage, leaving them vulnerable to fallover cracking. This has happened and one of my bulbs have broken.
- The black background cover had pieces of shredded cloth on it not removed from the manufacturing process.
on October 23, 2014
A perfect first soft box. You may be looking at a smaller unit, because your current requirements are small. But, you will find your needs grow to fit the space. This complete package is a Great place to start, providing room for growth, taking up little space when stored,and without breaking the budget.
TIP: For under $100, you can usually purchase a set of 3 or 4 rolling hard side luggage. I placed the entire contents of this soft box into a single case. Great storage, well protected, and easy to access when needed.
on December 3, 2015
I bought this light studio a few weeks ago and I've already used it several times. I was pleasantly surprised at how big it is. The tent is bigger than I thought and the lights are bigger and brighter as well. It is just what I needed and the price is fantastic! Everything arrived quickly and in perfect condition. The included backgrounds are folded and very creased. You need to iron them before use. I rolled my backgrounds onto an old wrapping paper tube. It keeps them in great condition and no more creases! A few reviewers complained that folding the tent up was an issue. If you have kids and they had any playtents, you probably already know how to fold this up. But in case you don't, there are instructions in the box that are easy to follow. The zip up case that you put the tent in to for storage is not great quality, but it's held up fine with many "in's and out's" - and if it breaks, it's an easy repair. Overall, I really like this kit and would recommend it.
on January 29, 2015
The lights are entirely different that the photos. They were better. They had very large cones for the bulbs which work wonderfully. The tripods are large and strong. The tent is sturdy and has held up well. The only thing I don't use are the backdrops, but with such a large tent you can use nearly anything you want.
on February 2, 2016
Lights are okay. not what's pictured that's for sure. Very unstable to try and use. Bulbs are bright, so it's got that going for it I guess. The backdrops very easily get seams which cast shadows, no matter how careful you set them up. No idea how you clean them either.
I used this lightbox for 100+ product photos and was generally unhappy with the result. Especially for the price. a cardboard box with lights and a $5 besheet or piece or white paper worked just as well. The lights are the only good thing with this, and those, if at best, are unstable, and bulbs protrude from the reflector, so if they fall, well I guess you're off to somewhere to get a replacement. All in all, I was not impressed with the quality.
on December 10, 2013
i purchased this to take pictures of products that i'm selling online.
everything arrived quickly, and well packaged.
set up was quick and easy - although one of the bulbs came apart where it was pressed together at the plastic base. it didn't break, thankfully, so i crazy glued it together, and haven't had a problem since.
i do feel that the tripods for the lights are not large enough to handle the weight of the bulbs if they're perpendicular to the floor, but adjusting the angle of the bulbs seems to keep everything balanced.
overall, i'm very happy with the kit!