biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite boutiques-francophones Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night s Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: DVDChange

on November 21, 2012
Bought this DVD on a whim, and was extremely glad I did. The basic premise: Sgt Nicholas Brody, who was rescued after eight years as a prisoner of war, is either a legitimate war hero, or a sleeper agent for Al Qaeda. It is up to CIA agent Carrie Mathison, who has her own share of demons, to figure it out.

The characters are extremely well drawn, and the plot is rife with twists and turns that kept me up far too late every night, watching "just one more episode".

I'm happy that there will be a second season to this fine show, because I can hardly wait to see what happens next!
on October 15, 2012
I just finished season 1 and could not stop watching it. Highly addictive. I recommend this to all. Now have to wait for season 2.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 8, 2013
Homeland is a masterpiece. The acting and writing are both outstanding. This isn't family viewing, however. My only complaint is the last episode in which Carrie chooses to get ECT (electroconvulsive therapy). She gives the usual spiel about "the new electroshock." Was this one of those paid blurbs that pop up on TV shows? Or is it sincere? Actually, the new ECT is done on machines that were grandfathered in by the FDA--how's it possible the "new" ECT is so "new"? I haven't had ECT but have known people who have. For a more complete picture than TV fiction, please read Linda Andree's "Doctors of Deception" if you or a loved one are considering this route.

Otherwise, if you don't mind nudity, sex, and violence (none of it gratuitous), this is a gripping, complex series.
on December 8, 2013
Une série extraordinaire, amusante avec des très bons acteurs. Très bien écrite et même la traduction est parfaite. On ne peut pas se contenter de regarder qu'un épisode à la fois.
on February 12, 2013
I found tha acting very good, the action sequences were exciting and the whole thing was very suspenseful and interesting. The "flawed" heroine kept us watching and not knowing what the eventual outcome might be was very exciting and kept us wanting more. Can't wait for season 2.
on March 9, 2014
fantastic series. I never did see this series because it wasn't on the local channels. It is now but has started on the season 3 so I had to see the start. I would compare this series to the Sopranos which was the best series ever on television. It is so suspenseful,edge of your seat watching. I absolutely love it. It is like watching a fantastic movie in your own home. The suspense, the thrill, the fear, the realness is unbelievable . I just cannot say enough of this show. The acting is superb, I watched the first show on the first season last night and I will have to watch it again to continue with the second show. I will absolutely be purchasing the other seasons.
on January 2, 2015
I just got season 1, 2 and 3 on boxing day. I admit. I did almost zero research into this series before buying it. Only glanced and saw it said it was about some guy that came back to the usa after being held by terrorist etc. what was unexpected was the nudity! I mean season one disc one brought me full bare boobs and bare butts. And it wasn't in a quick flash scene either. It carried on for a good 5 to 10 seconds. I'm not offended but wondering why there's absolutely no ratings marked on the boxes to inform buyers. other than that. It's pretty good. I'm on season 1 disc 2
on April 23, 2013
The New Yorker said Homeland was worth watching, so we watched the first episode--and were so pleased we ordered the first season CD--which arrived, from Gendistribution, but was defective (no sign of a refund) then ordered it again from Amazon--it arrived by mail in a day or two. Brilliant. The second season was not yet in stock at Amazon, so we ordered from China! and though the quoted price was $24, we ended up paying $70! And yet the show is so brilliant that we paid up on the spot. Note: only order from Amazon.
on January 7, 2013
Exceeded my expectations. Claire Danes and Damien Lewis are phenomenal in their roles, scarily believable. Very timely and thought-provoking as far as infiltration by terror into what we consider a very safe society. Homeland always tempts us to validate our personal safety. The portrayal of Sgt. Brody's daughter as a fourteen year old is insightful and it's ironic that the truth is eventually revealed through her.

We've asked to be notified when season 2 is available.
on June 14, 2014
It started off fairly well and I watched the whole series. In fact I bought a couple more and watched them too. The heroine started to irritate me and it all became a bit silly.

It's the story or a so called war hero who gets 'turned' and is out to kill the president. The agent begins to fall for him at the same time as trying to prove he is a bad guy.

If you've nothing to do it may be worth watching for a while. I think the major reason that I got bored is that it needed to end. Instead it goes on and on. If it was one season or a mock I would have been more interested.

Definitely light watching.