5.0 out of 5 stars Loved Loved Loved This!
Bought this DVD on a whim, and was extremely glad I did. The basic premise: Sgt Nicholas Brody, who was rescued after eight years as a prisoner of war, is either a legitimate war hero, or a sleeper agent for Al Qaeda. It is up to CIA agent Carrie Mathison, who has her own share of demons, to figure it out.

The characters are extremely well drawn, and the plot...
Published on Nov. 21 2012 by Eileen Bell

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
It started off fairly well and I watched the whole series. In fact I bought a couple more and watched them too. The heroine started to irritate me and it all became a bit silly.

It's the story or a so called war hero who gets 'turned' and is out to kill the president. The agent begins to fall for him at the same time as trying to prove he is a bad guy...
Published 6 months ago by Kaslo

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved Loved Loved This!, Nov. 21 2012
Eileen Bell (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Homeland: The Complete First Season (DVD)

The characters are extremely well drawn, and the plot is rife with twists and turns that kept me up far too late every night, watching "just one more episode".

I'm happy that there will be a second season to this fine show, because I can hardly wait to see what happens next!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST TV SERIES EVER, Oct. 15 2012
This review is from: Homeland: The Complete First Season (DVD)
I just finished season 1 and could not stop watching it. Highly addictive. I recommend this to all. Now have to wait for season 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Imaginatif, Dec 8 2013
Bobby the Bob "Désert" (Montréal, Québec, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Homeland: The Complete First Season (DVD)
Une série extraordinaire, amusante avec des très bons acteurs. Très bien écrite et même la traduction est parfaite. On ne peut pas se contenter de regarder qu'un épisode à la fois.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, July 8 2013
Carol Read - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Homeland: The Complete First Season (DVD)
Homeland is a masterpiece. The acting and writing are both outstanding. This isn't family viewing, however. My only complaint is the last episode in which Carrie chooses to get ECT (electroconvulsive therapy). She gives the usual spiel about "the new electroshock." Was this one of those paid blurbs that pop up on TV shows? Or is it sincere? Actually, the new ECT is done on machines that were grandfathered in by the FDA--how's it possible the "new" ECT is so "new"? I haven't had ECT but have known people who have. For a more complete picture than TV fiction, please read Linda Andree's "Doctors of Deception" if you or a loved one are considering this route.

Otherwise, if you don't mind nudity, sex, and violence (none of it gratuitous), this is a gripping, complex series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Homeland, first season, Feb. 12 2013
This review is from: Homeland: The Complete First Season (DVD)
I found tha acting very good, the action sequences were exciting and the whole thing was very suspenseful and interesting. The "flawed" heroine kept us watching and not knowing what the eventual outcome might be was very exciting and kept us wanting more. Can't wait for season 2.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, June 14 2014
This review is from: Homeland: The Complete First Season (DVD)

If you've nothing to do it may be worth watching for a while. I think the major reason that I got bored is that it needed to end. Instead it goes on and on. If it was one season or a mock I would have been more interested.

Definitely light watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Homeland, Sept. 29 2012
This review is from: Homeland: The Complete First Season (DVD)
This is an excellent program-one of the best written and expertly acted we have ever seen. The storyline captured and
kept our interest. It just won all of the key Emmys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Homeland: Season 1 is a good series to watch, July 31 2014
This review is from: Homeland: The Complete First Season (DVD)
I don't usually buy DVDs but full seasons are a good buy. If I find a series/show I like, I will buy the series season box sets. I purchased this set for my father for Father's Day. He loved it. The packaging was minimal which is perfect for a DVD stand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 5 2014
This review is from: Homeland: The Complete First Season (DVD)
Love the show cannot wait for the third season to be released on dvd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Un classique, June 23 2014
This review is from: Homeland: The Complete First Season (DVD)
Voilà une série qui s'est imposée dans la culture américaine. De haut niveau. On doit entrer dans cet univers complexe.

Homeland: The Complete First Season
Homeland: The Complete First Season by Claire Danes (DVD - 2012)
CDN$ 49.98 CDN$ 14.99