5.0 out of 5 stars Best console controller
Published on Feb. 7 2010 by jodt

1.0 out of 5 stars Careful who you buy from
This particular one which I got from a store working through Amazon (fulfilled by Amazon, however) refused to work right away.
Published 8 months ago by Pavel Komolov

5.0 out of 5 stars Best console controller, Feb. 7 2010
jodt (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've always preferred the playstation controllers over the other consoles, and I'm glad Sony didn't change much of the look and feel going from PS2 to PS3. These controllers just fit perfectly in your hand, and all buttons are easily accessible, great design. The only thing different about these is the wireless sixaxis functionality, which makes them even more awesome! Battery life lasts pretty long, and the charge time is fairly quick. Great controller!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it needs to, March 16 2009
M. Thomas (Toronto, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
If you've ever used a PS or PS2 controller, you pretty much know what to expect from this version. While not the most interesting controller out there, it gets the job done. The build quality is great, and the battery life hasn't been an issue for me, even when playing games with lots of rumble. Not much else to say about this product, but definitely worth picking up over the regular sixaxis controller.

4.0 out of 5 stars WOW., July 7 2008
Shraylo (Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Firstly, I must say that I am very pleased with the time it took the controller to get here. The item was shipped on Friday, and arrived on Monday. I guess Mississauga to Port Colborne isn't a huge distance, however, when I ordered The Orange Box from Amazon, it took 3 days. 1 day, with super saver shipping for the controller. Very pleased indeed. :)

As for the controller, it's basically the regular SixAxis PS3 controller with a vibration function included. It's a little heavier then the regular controller. Other than that, not much difference. The rumble (which I have missed since PS2's days) adds what was missing from some already great PS3 games. I will be playing Metal Gear Solid 4 through again just to see how different it feels playing with rumble enabled.

Looks like Sony finally saw their mistake. Please don't do it again. Keep the controllers just the way they are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job and does it well., June 21 2011
Jimmy Multani (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Not much you can write about a console controller. It does what it's supposed to do, and it does it without trouble. Had to charge the controller for about 2 hours and it was ready to go. Bought it for $40 bucks and have been using at parties since. It's easier to distinguish from other controllers too since it's not black. :P

Great product, great price!

1.0 out of 5 stars Careful who you buy from, Sept. 4 2014
The quality of the plastic mold seemed suspicious - a lot of slightly uneven and rough spots where the two halves of the controller meet each other (i.e. along the seam). Multiple resets didn't work so I took a peek inside to find a too simple looking PCB and a very sketchy looking bright blue battery pack with no information on it whatsoever. I've had a lot of PS3 controllers before and I know that Sony-made battery packs are grey with informative labels. This was clearly counterfeit (I googled the blue battery packs and got a lot of hits referring to counterfeit controllers) so I promptly arranged a return.

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic Wireless Sony Dualshock 3, Jan. 11 2013
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The controller works exactly as it should and despite other reviews I've read, is an authentic Sony Dualshock 3. The product description and images don't lie. I'm quite pleased to have picked it up on sale, because let's face it - $54.99 for a hunk of molded plastic with various electrical components is ridiculous.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, cheep manufacturing, Jan. 18 2013
R. Felgueiras - See all my reviews
Works as well as an official controller should, the casing feels cheep and thin though. The player indicator light illuminates half of it (showing how thin the shell is). If you are rough with your controllers, skip this and go for the black one. It's more sturdily constructed. I generally take care of my stuff so I'll hold on to this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made official controller, Feb. 21 2013
No complaints with this official controller, it feels well made and it works exactly how you expect it to. I've found it to be better built than a red model I bought 2 years ago but that might just circumstantial.

2.0 out of 5 stars Different and cheaper build than the black one, March 17 2014
This controller doesn't work for me. The left analog gets stuck when I press L3 button. It stays pressed and doesn't return to normal position.

Since I have other controllers and some experience in changing the inside parts of those controllers, I decided I'd change the analogs so I opened the controller and realized the red controller is built different than the others. It is not possible with the red controller to remove the inside printboard in order to change the thumbsticks. It is glued to the plastic instead of screwed in.

I wish I had bought the black one for the same price.

5.0 out of 5 stars It looks cool, Jan. 7 2014
This review is from: PS3 DualShock 3 Controller - Urban Camouflage - Standard Edition (Accessory)
I think it looks really cool great for fps games makes you feel more like a soldier if you are looking for a ps3 controller and want something different looking then some bland black or white controller then buy this.

PS3 DualShock 3 Controller - Urban Camouflage - Standard Edition
PS3 DualShock 3 Controller - Urban Camouflage - Standard Edition by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
CDN$ 69.99