5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Food Processor
Published on Feb. 11 2012 by js

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in a poorly designed food processor
Published on Jan. 17 2012 by trio

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in a poorly designed food processor, Jan. 17 2012
This review is from: KitchenAid KFP1333WH 13-Cup Food Processor, White (Kitchen)
I was expecting much better from Kitchen Aid. Poorly designed 3 pc feed tube is difficult to operate smoothly. Open areas between cover and blades allows large quantities of food to jam up and never get processed. Motor bogged down when making bread crumbs out of a 3 day old loaf. Huge base takes up a large area of the counter and the unit won't fit under the upper cabinets with the lid on. I would send it back but we dropped the 3 pc feeder and it cracked and broke a few pieces off. I would give it 0 stars but the system won't take anything less than 1 star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Food Processor, Feb. 11 2012
My son bought me this food processor in the fall of 2011. I have been using this processor almost everyday for making salads, stir fry, soups, etc. My son loves Asian radish that is thinly julienned (like the way sushi restaurants rest sashimi on a bed of thinly julienned radish). I used a Japanese Mandolin for this job, but no longer. There is a lever at the front that I can use to adjust the size of vegetable slices and juliennes. It works really well. I use this adjustable lever all the time - don't need to remove and replace discs to get different sized vegetables. The lid and work bowl, when closed, is well sealed. I don't have any leaking issues. Flour was a problem with my old food processor. My old Oster food processor would leak flour all over the outside of bowl and kitchen counter. I no longer have this problem. The controls on the base are a good size. I never press the wrong button and it is easy to press. The processor is light enough for me to carry from kitchen shelf to counter. The large work bowl opening to feed vegetable into processor is wide enough to put food in without a lot of cutting beforehand, and the small opening is a good size for smaller items. It is powerful enough for all my tasks. It is easy to clean and comes with a case full of accessories. I like it when manufacturers put accessories in a container so I don't lose parts. The work bowl is BPA free. I've been switching to glass storage containers since 2010. I have been getting rid of my old Rubbermaid plastic food containers, so it is nice knowing the plastic work bowl is BPA free. Overall, I enjoy using the Kitchenaid Food Processor as it saves my hands from slicing and cutting a lot of vegetables. Btw, I save any leftover chunks of vegetables that doesn't get sliced in the processor. I found out many years ago that most food processors have this issue. I learned watching the Food Channel to save any leftover chunks of vegetables like carrots that doesn't get sliced or julienned. I just collect them and freeze them until I make vegetable soup stock. Enjoy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable food processor, Dec 21 2011
The multi-purpose blade broke the first time I used the food processor (blending dried dates). The product was immediately replaced without any hassle. After only a month using the appliance, the multi-purpose blade has again failed (this time blending nuts). The mini-blade with mini-bowl addition has never been a problem, however I didn't buy this food processor for only half its capability. The primary blade is awfully weak; and for a higher-end Kitchenaid food processor to fail twice within a month is simply unacceptable. I cannot recommend this food processor.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment!, June 20 2012
Buffy W (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
We purchased this processor with high expectations. We originally had an old Braun, which I was happy with but couldn't get replacement parts for. We then purchased a Kitchenaid processor, but the center of the bowl was very low so it limited the amount of liquid that could be put in. We really liked our other Kitchenaid so we were excited to get the new Exact-a-slice.
The first thing I wanted to try was pie dough, since I was making a cherry pie. I wanted to use the pulse option but having the soft-start motor, it just didn't give me the control I wanted. I would push the pulse and it would take about 5-10 seconds before the motor would engage. That is not what I was expecting. Then I decided that I would just use the on button and turn it off after a few seconds. There was very little power when just turning it on, very unexpected, espcially being Kitchenaid's newest and greatest machine. Well the blade disengaged from the shaft (you have to push it down and it snaps in). I didn't notice it right away but noticed that it just wasn't mixing the ingredients together. I took the lid off and tried to take the blade out. The blade was somehow fused to the shaft and wouldn't disengage. I had to yank the bowl off to be able to get the blade to release. The shaft was actually rounded off and the plastic from the shaft was stuck inside the blade where it attaches to the shaft.
To say the least I was very disappointed. I have been using food processors for about 20 years and haven't been really disappointed until now. I can't recommend this processor, poor quality, poor power output.

1.0 out of 5 stars spindle comes loose and melts + a myriad of other problems, April 10 2013
Chris (Canada's National Capital) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
We own several other Kitchenaid small appliances and this food processor doesn't live up the quality we associate with the brand.

Other reviews have covered some of the issues such as the "soft start" that defeats the purpose of the pulse button and a tendency for the whole machine to jump around, causing the bowl to unlock itself.

I could probably overlook the above problems except for one critical flaw: the spindle attached to the motor is PLASTIC and of a design that tends to wear and melt. Other brands may use plastic for their spindles but they're more positively "keyed" so that they don't slip. This Kitchenaid isn't that intelligently designed.

Much like the lack of positive locking of the bowl, the spindle doesn't positively lock to the cutting heads, despite following the instructions to push it down until it clicks. After a few weeks of very light use, the motor won't turn the spindle without grinding it out after which it won't turn at all.

The nesting bowl is a pain to install; there's no clear indication of what direction is "correct" so you just end up rotating it by trial and error until it fits.

The bowl does NOT positively lock into place, even when it's supposedly locked into place. A bit of vibration will jar it loose.

This food processor is an awful design that caused us much frustration and wasted time. Fortunately, we've been able to return it to the store for a full refund. Save yourself the trouble and DON'T BUY THIS MODEL.

Cuisinart makes an excellent model in the same price range, the FP-14DCC 14-cup Elite model. Buy that one, not this Kitchenaid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best food processor I've had, Sept. 22 2012
J. Hardy (Canada) - See all my reviews
Good quality product, easy to use and clean. Used it many times. Definately would recommend this product if you are looking for a robust food processor

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, sturdy product, Jan. 30 2012
Well done product, powerfull, can hold large quantities. Processing has never been easier, I love it! The only drawback is comes time to clean it up, some accessories (lids) are not clean-up friendly and food pieces are hard to remove.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good :), Jan. 29 2014
I bought this processor as it had really great reviews. As others have found it is a bit tricky to put together the first couple of times, but now is much easier. The multi-use blade I received broke the first time I used it, but was replaced by kitchen aide immediately and I haven't had another issue. I have only used the grating blade once, and found some of the food was difficult to grate but I think it is mostly my error. Overall I love the size, find it to be very quiet and very efficient.

3.0 out of 5 stars too big, Jan. 27 2014
reason i took 2 stars off is because even though its big when u put in some foods like meat e.g. chicken it instantly mashes it making it dough like. Maybe I am doing long, but I only let it run for 10 secs. Assembling the unit together is not difficult but it does get lot difficult when attaching other blades on the white attachment that is provided. They get stuck in it and for that reason it was very difficult for the person in the kitchen to use it. I think functionality wise I would give it 4.5/5.0 and assembling or changing blades i would give 1.5/5

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth Your Money, Feb. 23 2013
I purchased this expensive KitchenAid food processor just over a year ago. I had waited a long time to get one and I wanted a top of the line product. Once I got it, I barely used it. There were 2 main reasons for this. The first is that the setup is very complicated with different adapters and attachments and I had to get out the manual each time to get it right. The second reason was that there are many parts to wash after use. The lid alone has 4 separate pieces that are full of corners and nooks that need to be scrubbed out. If you want to use the chef's bowl, you have to set it inside the big bowl and then wash everything when you are done. For an appliance that is supposed to save time, it did not. So much time is spent setting up and cleaning up that no time is saved at all in using this appliance. Additionally, it did not perform well. The pulse was slow to turn on and vegetables would not go right through - instead sending chunks flying around the lid. Finally after a year of infrequent use - maybe a dozen uses - it started to break. The first thing to go was the drive adapter which is made of plastic and cracked right up the side when I tried to julienne cucumbers. The second thing to go was the multi-purpose blade which is also made of plastic. The inside piece sheared right off and the blade would no longer turn. This happened when I was trying to process sliced frozen bananas. I cannot recommend this food processor. It is not worth the money.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›