4.0 out of 5 stars One of the most intimate music docs I've ever seen.., Nov. 2 2011
RIGGER1 (CALGARY, ALBERTA.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Pearl Jam Twenty (DVD)
Wow, what an awesome stroll down memory lane! This is not just a Pearl Jam movie, it's a music documentary! One does not have to be a huge PJ fan to appreciate the care and attention that was spent to put this together so thoughtfully. I was surprised how often I laughed throughout the film considering the subject matter, this is an absolute must have for PJ fans, grunge fans, or pretty much anyone who finds themselves "missing" real music! Remember those days? When bands played real instruments and rattled us with substance from awesome chord progression and actual heart felt lyrics? Just do yourself a favour, watch the film and you'll know what I mean, it will make you want to dust off that old plaid jacket and wish you'd never cut your hair! Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Documentary but I would have liked the extras!!, Nov. 2 2011
Stephen Bieth (Mississauga/ Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Pearl Jam Twenty [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I saw Pearl Jam and Soundgarden open for Neil Young in 92 or 93 and then they slowly drifted off my radar. Then this last summer I got to see them both again. I saw pearl Jam at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto during the Toronto Film Festival where they premiered this film. The film is really good for someone like me just getting back into the band there was a lot I did not know or had forgotten so it was really interesting to watch. They had great interveiws with the band and Chris Cornelle from Soundgarden. It starts of with some great video of Mother Love bone which I had never scene before. It also had some Temple Of The Dog live video. Lots of great clips of Pearl Jam live (since they have so much live film and video I really hope they make a set like kiss did where you get multiple shows in one package) and great interveiw clips from throughout their carreer. However I do feel Pearl Jam must of had final say on the film because certain things get mentioned in passing (like drug problems) and very little of the internal struggles are talked about or expanded on.
I don't know how great this film would be for die hards. If you know the Band's history there won't be much here. Although the Grammy segment is classic. My only major complaint is the lack of bonus materiel. If you bought this from their web site you got four hours of bonus material. I am getting tired of the practice where you have to by things from certain sites to get bonus material. I know you are saying "just go to their website". Well in this case they are sold out and sometime it's not the Band's web site you have to go to. With Yes's Union DVD/CD you had to go to the web site of the company making the package. I also feel it punishes people who get into the group later on. I also know in my case it has discouraged me from getting into a group that I can't get all the product I want from. I did eventually buy their CD's but this happened when I got back into Iron Maiden because I could no longer buy their cd's with the bonus b-sides disc's. It has also stopped me from picking up their other albums because of the CD reissues they have started and you get bonus stuff when ordered from their site.
So over all! Solid Doc.

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't regret this purchase!, Aug. 11 2014
Absolutely fantastic!! A must have for any Pearl Jam fan or a fan of the 90s Seattle music scene in general!
I had already seen this movie before purchasing it, but it was so good that I had to buy the genuine article.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it I think anyone can be interested in this ..., July 14 2014
Love it I think anyone can be interested in this movie I have shown it to many people and all were not super huge fans of Pearl Jam just casual listeners but still really enjoyed watching it. Now they all want to go to a concert :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 10 2014
This review is from: Pearl Jam Twenty (DVD)
great item.thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, June 7 2014
This review is from: Pearl Jam Twenty [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Pearl Jam is one of my fav group of all time and this DVD just enhanced tis feeling ! Buy it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Pearl Jam Documentary Is Great, May 14 2014
This review is from: Pearl Jam Twenty [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Always liked a few older songs but really getting into some of their newer music and especially the Lightning Bolt record. This movie is great for getting a history on this band and seeing some great live music. If you are not already a fanatic about Pearl Jam, this movie will help get you there and perhaps make you aware of some cool songs you haven't heard before.

5.0 out of 5 stars PJ20 = Epic!, Oct. 5 2013
Love this deluxe collection, I am glad I upgraded from the regular. So much extra footage and live performances. Here's to another 20 years Pearl Jam!

5.0 out of 5 stars it Pearl Jam of course it's great!, June 13 2013
This review is from: Pearl Jam Twenty [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
watch it about every three months, never get tired of the story that is PJ.
it's PEarl Jam ... what else do you need to know.

5.0 out of 5 stars This a MUST for true Pearl Jam fans, May 3 2013
I don't care if you own every single Pearl Jam dvd of their concerts or the one with them in the recording studio...you have to buy this one on Blu-ray if you are a true fan. There's way more stuff to see on here then there was in Pearl Jam 20 the dvd.
Don't waste your time sitting here reading this get off your Butt now and get Pearl Jam 20 on Blu-ray Why? 3 discs instead of one.......that's all i have to say so get going and buy this set NOW! You can thank me later.

Pearl Jam Twenty [Blu-ray]
Pearl Jam Twenty [Blu-ray] by Pearl Jam (Blu-ray - 2011)
CDN$ 35.99 CDN$ 26.99