4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product
Love this product. It really, really works. I used it while snow hiking and had no trouble starting a small fire.. I carry a small amount of cotton wrapped around the strike plate.
Published on Feb. 17 2012 by Red

1.0 out of 5 stars You'd probably have better luck with the flint by removing the string
You'd probably have better luck with the flint by removing the string. Either that or I'm not very good at using it.
Published 1 month ago by Eric Albrecht

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Feb. 17 2012
This review is from: Gerber 31-000699 Bear Grylls Survival Series Fire Starter (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as I had hoped, Aug. 4 2013
Works great.. Super easy to use ... I also put a bit of petroleum jelly onto the cotton ball in the reservoir for quicker fire starting

5.0 out of 5 stars Fire Starter, Feb. 14 2012
I find this too be a very good quality product..the bounus here is the little thing on the end of the rope, is a whistle.

5.0 out of 5 stars firesteel baby, Aug. 24 2013
nice packaging, true survival gear, the firesteel is coated with paint so just scrape it off (lightly) and expose the steel, ready to go

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of equipment, July 15 2013
J. Tupone (Saskatchewan) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This is an excellent fire starter. I have a number of different fire starters that I keep in various places like the glove box, road-side kits, the pocket of my webbing, etc. This is definitely the best one I have found. It sparks very well and sparks very hot so it starts fires easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gerber Fire Starter, June 27 2013
Great addition to any camping gear collection. I've used it many times and it works every time ! I keep one in our vehicles, and one at the cottage for camp fires. So long as you can find some reasonably dry tinder you can make a fire anytime! Thanks Gerber.

D Mott

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, June 19 2013
I was impressed with this product once I got it. It's well made and works extremely well. I also liked the built in whistle feature.

Great product gerber.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, April 6 2013
Very good product, impressive results, nice design, a real good bear gryll product as I like. I would have given the perfect score if it only had the magnesium stick on it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Starter, April 2 2013
qwdfe - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is a well made tool. Good information written on it. The striker and sparker work well together. The waterproofing is excellent.

The only small gripe is that only 1 to 2 tinder can fit in the waterproof storage compartment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fire steel, March 18 2013
Terry Whitman (Estevan, Saskatchewan, CA) - See all my reviews
Love it, It's good quality and easy to use with alot of spark, but I had to sharpen the flat of the striker because it was too rounded