4.0 out of 5 stars Basically, Photoshop for the rest of us
Published on April 30 2012 by Señor Spook

3.0 out of 5 stars good product
It does edit photos well. The real problem is learning another program learning to polish the pictures. I should have bought the version with video editing. Obviously I learn by my mistakes.
Published 18 months ago by OLE GERMER

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Basically, Photoshop for the rest of us, April 30 2012
Señor Spook "Spooky B" (Charlottetown, PEI, CANADA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 (Win/Mac) (Software)
Given the wealth of reviews that rightfully extol its virtues as a photo editing suite, I'll simply state the following: yes, you can use Photoshop Elements 10 to create original graphics in much the same way as the full version of Photoshop. If you're already familiar with Adobe Photoshop CS5, you'll find many of your old friends waiting for you here: the clone tool, the brushes, the shapes, the multiple undos and even the layers -- but not the channels -- palette are all available in this package. If you prefer, you can even modify Photoshop Elements' appearance and performance to approximate -- but not outright replicate -- Photoshop CS's operating environment. Having used Photoshop since Version 3.0 back in the mid-1990's, I can say with some authority that this is basically the same Photoshop you've known (and loved?) for years with some added easy functionality for novices and without the more advanced design features (CMYK support for print is sorely lacking, but there are workarounds).

If you're finding that free alternatives, like GIMP, aren't filling the bill, or you'd simply like to use Photoshop without resorting to piracy, I can unreservedly recommend that you buy this. The installation DVD includes versions for Windows 7 and Mac OS X, and it runs well enough on both systems. While the box doesn't include any instructional manuals, there are plenty of Internet resources available to help you adjust to Photoshop Elements' various differences and quirks. Furthermore, as one or two previous Amazon reviewers may have already stated, you can easily transfer your skill set and files from this program to the full version of Photoshop at a later date; a definite bonus for industries in which Photoshop CS remains the gold standard for both graphic design and photo manipulation.

In that respect, it's worth every penny you pay for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need & more, April 7 2012
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 (Win/Mac) (Software)
Being a long time Photoshop user at work when I retired I wanted to continue working on retouching and creating photographs but could not justify the cost. I thought I'd try Elements and I'm very glad I did. It's everything PS is except at a fraction the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful app this is, May 5 2012
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 (Win/Mac) (Software)
I've used PSE for a long time. Each edition has more features, and works more easily. Some say it's hard to learn, but I think anyone can begin it modestly, then learn more features as necessary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Would love it if I could find the user manual, Feb. 2 2012
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 (Win/Mac) (Software)
My initial experience was positive with the product doing very basic changes like cleaning up marks on negatives. Have not yet used it heavily but it is obviously much better than other basic packages or incorporated parts of Windows. But I normally perfer reading a user manual to learn how to use a product rather than using HELP or just a trial and error method. Have had no luck in finding the user manual as yet but will continue to search or will have to buy a book on how to use to get the best use out of this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars good product, Feb. 14 2013
OLE GERMER (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars great for those wanting more control., Dec 28 2012
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 (Win/Mac) (Software)
Photoshop Elements takes you one step further, giving you more artistic control of your images. User friendly with lots of help available. I bought this as I couldn't afford the full 'Photoshop' package, and I am very happy with it. For those new to the product, you can choose auto or follow the step by step instructions for a good basic edit. When you feel up to it, just pick something new and off you go. I have had mine for almost a year, and still have more to learn. (I go slowly and practice, practice, practice.)

5.0 out of 5 stars YES!, Dec 18 2012
Ken Walker (Saskatchewan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 (Win/Mac) (Software)
Why pay a fortune for Photoshop (unless you absolutely need it)
when you can have a lot of the same functions for a lot less cash?

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it's weight in gold!, July 1 2012
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 (Win/Mac) (Software)
Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 (Win/Mac)
The absolute best software hands down for all of your photo editing projects.
This software works well for any self proclaimed photo afficionado or adventurous newbie who doesn't mind learning through trial and error like myself.
I am thoroughly enjoing my purchase and I'm learning the techniques a little at a time.Elements is worth the price and won't diappoint if you keep an open mind and are willing to be patient in the learning process.There is no manual included but there is a wealth of information available at the Adobe website and a very convenient "Help" section in the software itself.
Hopefully you will enjoy your purchase as much as I am!

5.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop Elements 10, June 13 2012
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 (Win/Mac) (Software)
My husband ordered the Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 program and manual....and so far has thoughly enjoyed learning new techniques. Of course it is more 'advanced' than what he has been used to, and I enjoy seeing 'his creations'!! Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent software, May 19 2012
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 (Win/Mac) (Software)
Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 is excellent for photo editing and organizing your photos. I am very pleased with the product and would highly recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 (Win/Mac)
Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 (Win/Mac) by Adobe (Mac OS X, Windows 7)
Used & New from: CDN$ 69.99