5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend
Published on Dec 13 2012 by C. Lemire

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsanitary
Published on Aug. 6 2012 by MEM

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsanitary, Aug. 6 2012
This is a good product that works great in all respects except that FOOD gets STUCK under the grey plastic disc under the blade. In trying to clean around the blades, I popped the grey plastic disc off and found a lot of old food stuck underneath it. However, it is virtually impossible to clean under there even with the disc off. VERY poor design. To me, this had made the mixer unusable.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not an Improvement, Oct. 3 2011
J. Salvas "camerajim" (West Chester, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: KitchenAid KHB2351OB 3-Speed Immersion Blender, Onyx Black (Kitchen)
I just received this as a replacement for the previous model. Granted, I burned out the motor on my old unit, but other than having a working motor, this new model is not an improvement in any way I can see.

The earlier KitchenAid immersion blender (model KHB300) had a continuously variable motor, marked for 9 speeds. This one has three click-stop speeds and the fastest does not seem as capable as the old one.

The accessories fastened to the old motor unit simply by pushing them on and they released by pushing buttons. With this one, you twist the blending wand on. The chopper unit doesn't attach at all any longer. You now put the motor unit on top of the chopper assembly and hope it stays there, which it does not do all the time. It's easy to knock it off.

The chopper also does not work as well, making a screeching noise at times and taking much longer to chop something as simple as leeks. There used to be a cushion base you could use for the chopper. No more. Now, you have a plastic cup sitting on your counter, though it does have a small rubber o-ring on the bottom.

Even the mixing cup is smaller, downsized from 4 to 3 cups capacity and it does not burp-sealed like the old one.

The only things which were not "improved" are the whisk and the storage bag, two items I never used anyway.

I usually love KitchenAid stuff. So far, not this.

Take my advice: buy one of the older models while you can still find them in stores. I'll probably try to pick one up myself.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a reliable blender, July 16 2013
My mother in law bought this for my daughter who is off at college. It lasted 6 months and then no longer runs constantly so is unusable. As it was a gift she does not have a receipt and Kitchenaid/Whirlpool will not activate the warranty without it. I am not sure why they think that it is not their responsibility to cover the product that they willingly take money for. I would not recommend kitchenaid or whirlpool to anyone nor will I take a chance on their shoddy products or warranties again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Inferior to Swiss immersion blender, July 16 2013
If you want an efficient, well-constructed immersion blender, forget Kitchen Aid, spend more and get the Banix blender made in Switzerland. (Not sure if I spelled it right because it's back in New Jersey.) It works better, is sturdier and simpler, better made. Mainly it works better, and it's all one piece except for the blades so that it doesn't fall apart while you are using it. I have both blenders in two different houses, the Banix and the 3-speed Kitchen Aid, and would never buy another Kitchen Aid. Unfortunately on Vancouver Island, Canada, it was the only thing I could get.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, March 2 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I was so disappointed. the attachments dont stay in place. I was just doing pouding and the attachment just fell in the pouding then I used another attachment to make a puree for my soup again the attachment fell in the soup. Very disappointed. Furthermore I did not know but you have to press constantly on the handle for the machine to work. Very hard for me because I have arthritis

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, Dec 13 2012
C. Lemire (Montreal, QC, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I've been a Kitchen Aid fan for a long time and I was looking for a durable, heavy duty hand blender. No question asked, I went with this one. I chose it over the smaller version for all the accessories (the whisk in particular) that came with it. So far, I am very satisfied with my purchase. It does everything it promised to. I it somewhat lighter than I expected, although it could be lighter for some longer use. I think it is very easy to clean. I purchased one as a gift for my mom and she is thrilled with it too. I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with it!, Nov. 3 2011
I bought this as a replacement for my Magic Bullet (which I love, but already had to be replaced twice!) Purchased the Cuisinart Smart stick and returned it after 1 week due to the parts not going together properly. The KitchenAid parts seemed to be a higher quality than some of the other brands that I looked at. So far it has been working great for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good motor and quality blades, Oct. 15 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Have only used this twice now and both times it seems to have done a decent job.

Made real hommus and used it to churn the boiled chickpeas and ingredients together... this is a thicker "batter" and the motor and blades held up well... the blend button could be a little more finger friendly as it was a bit tough to hold down over a long period when you are already battling with trying to stir the wand through a thick batter..

Used the food processor attachment to make pie pastry from scratch - blades are nice and sharp and the motor is quick... only draw backs were i wish the attachment was just a tad bit larger - a single apple pie dough needs to be done in half lots to fit. Also the base was not rubberized so would be better if there was a non stick element to the food processor base.

Other than this it seems pretty decent so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Supurb Little Blender, Sept. 12 2012
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I ordered this Blender to replace the antique that I currently have. This item arrived packed very well in a small box. It is so easy to use that even a handicapped person could use it with no problems. I find the attachements are easy to put on and remove from the handle. I use it for whipping merange for my lemon pie as well as making whip cream fresh at the table. The chopper chops onion, garlic, carrots or whatever else you need chopped with lots of power to spare.
I would highly recommend this item to anyone who has limited space and wants a modern, sleek but powerful blender.

2.0 out of 5 stars I was really happy when I got this less than two years ago, Sept. 14 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I was really happy when I got this less than two years ago. It has completely given up the ghost now, and of course it's too late to return it. I am sorry but when you spend more you expect to get more. I loved the practicality of it and the attachments; used it occasionally but not frequently. The motor has completely stopped functioning. Really too bad.

KitchenAid KHB2351OB 3-Speed Immersion Blender, Onyx Black