4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with it!
I bought this as a replacement for my Magic Bullet (which I love, but already had to be replaced twice!) Purchased the Cuisinart Smart stick and returned it after 1 week due to the parts not going together properly. The KitchenAid parts seemed to be a higher quality than some of the other brands that I looked at. So far it has been working great for me.
Published on Nov. 3 2011 by ezpz

2.0 out of 5 stars Not an Improvement
I just received this as a replacement for the previous model. Granted, I burned out the motor on my old unit, but other than having a working motor, this new model is not an improvement in any way I can see.

Published on Oct. 3 2011 by J. Salvas

2.0 out of 5 stars Not an Improvement, Oct. 3 2011
J. Salvas "camerajim" (West Chester, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KitchenAid KHB2351OB 3-Speed Immersion Blender, Onyx Black (Kitchen)

The earlier KitchenAid immersion blender (model KHB300) had a continuously variable motor, marked for 9 speeds. This one has three click-stop speeds and the fastest does not seem as capable as the old one.

The accessories fastened to the old motor unit simply by pushing them on and they released by pushing buttons. With this one, you twist the blending wand on. The chopper unit doesn't attach at all any longer. You now put the motor unit on top of the chopper assembly and hope it stays there, which it does not do all the time. It's easy to knock it off.

The chopper also does not work as well, making a screeching noise at times and taking much longer to chop something as simple as leeks. There used to be a cushion base you could use for the chopper. No more. Now, you have a plastic cup sitting on your counter, though it does have a small rubber o-ring on the bottom.

Even the mixing cup is smaller, downsized from 4 to 3 cups capacity and it does not burp-sealed like the old one.

The only things which were not "improved" are the whisk and the storage bag, two items I never used anyway.

I usually love KitchenAid stuff. So far, not this.

Take my advice: buy one of the older models while you can still find them in stores. I'll probably try to pick one up myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with it!, Nov. 3 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Supurb Little Blender, Sept. 12 2012
I ordered this Blender to replace the antique that I currently have. This item arrived packed very well in a small box. It is so easy to use that even a handicapped person could use it with no problems. I find the attachements are easy to put on and remove from the handle. I use it for whipping merange for my lemon pie as well as making whip cream fresh at the table. The chopper chops onion, garlic, carrots or whatever else you need chopped with lots of power to spare.
I would highly recommend this item to anyone who has limited space and wants a modern, sleek but powerful blender.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic immersion blender, March 19 2014
Great blender. Works great for blending soups or sauces right on the stove. The whisk is handy for eggs and marinades and such. The chopper is ok, it's no replacement for a small food processor but it gets the job done for quickly chopping small things. The blending container works great for making mayo or hollondaise or similar things.

Used it for over 6 months and no problems and seems like it should last quite awhile as it is quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it..., Feb. 9 2014
It is great, we use it every morning for our fruit drinks. It is easy to use and easy to clean up.

4.0 out of 5 stars decent machine, Jan. 28 2014
Seams to be a good product so far.
A better choice would be for it to come with a bracket to hang it up.. The bag is a waste of time and resources.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, Jan. 21 2014
We love our KitchenAid handblender. Plenty of power. Makes sauces, gravies and dressings smooth and lovely. Handy attachements are perfect for varying uses and storage. Great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, Jan. 3 2014
Kamryan (Michigan USA) - See all my reviews
I wanted a small whisk appliance to froth beverages. This blender is so much more than that! I ordered this before christmas and really put it to work on Christmas Day making dinner. I used it for the potatoes and gravy and worked like a charm.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for small projects, Dec 29 2013
I really like it because it does not take a lot of space and powerful enough to blend/mix small batches. The storage case is helpful. The blender is easy to clean and assemble when you need it! Good purchase

2.0 out of 5 stars Cramp inducing, Dec 21 2013
V. T. LY (Canada) - See all my reviews
The #1 major flaw is having to press-and-hold to keep it running.
The button needs to be pressed and the softness causes you to keep tighter grip.

I would have given this blender/mixer a 4* but that "feature" alone made this a bad product.

ARRAY(0xaa1a93b4)