Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: Blu-rayChange

on December 19, 2011
From all other reviews I agree with them but get ready
to be dissapointed. I already own the DVD version of
Peter Cetera and let me tell you that the Bonus Song
"Hard to say I'm Sorry" is missing on the Blu Ray.

What were they thinking about this stupid RIP OFF?
Is it Sound Stage who wanted it removed or Peter
Cetera telling them to remove it? Honestly I'm
SHOCKED with dissapointment because I wanted to see
Peter perform this track in HD. As for the rest, I truly
enjoyed it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

This concert was filmed before a live and enthusiastic audience as part of the Soundstage series jointly produced by WTTW, the PBS station in Chicago, and HD Ready, and originally broadcast in October 2003. It arrives on blu ray with AVC MPEG-4 1080i 1.78:1 encode. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the video was actually excellent. Colours and Skin tone were right on. You can see lots of finer details, such as a small mole on the right side of Amy Grant's face next to her nose. Blacks are inky. (4.5/5)

The DTS-HD Master Audio is less striking than the video, but nevertheless, adequate. The voices of Peter Cetera and Amy Grant were clearly heard. The back-up musicians consisted of members of his own band, plus a full orchestra with a small brass section. Overall, the sound was pleasing. (4/5)

Besides a fantastic video recording, my next big surprise was the inclusion of Amy Grant as special guest. She simply looked gorgeous for her age. (Vince Gill, you are a lucky man) Her singing of her #1 hit Baby Baby was delivered smoothly and effortlessly. Her duet with Peter Cetera on another #1 hit, The Next Time I Fall, was another gem. From the song listing below, I was happy with the contents, with adequate distribution of his solo hits vs. the time when he was the lead singer for Chicago (1967-1985), even though the concert was only 71 minutes long. Peter Cetera's singing is very distinctive and has his own style, but unfortunately he has passed his prime. I found his voice strained in order to hit the high note, he was unable to hold it out. It is also unreasonable to expect Cher to show up to sing the duet After All.

With Chicago's songs, I was happy with a smaller brass section, but the full orchestra played beautifully, giving us a different appreciation of their songs. (5/5)

With Amy Grant:
Baby, Baby (#1 hit 1991)
Simple Things

Peter Cetera:
One Good Woman (#4 1988)
Glory Of Love (#1 1986)
Restless Heart (#35 1992)
If You Leave Me Now (Chicago #1 1976)
After All (#6 1989)
The Next Time I Fall (#1 1986)
Baby, What A Big Surprise (Chicago #4 1977)
You're The Inspiration (Chicago #3 1984; solo 77/1997)
Have You Ever Been In Love

Bonus tracks:
25 or 6 to 4 (Chicago #4 1970)
Even A Fool Can See (#68 1993)

Although the concert was short, I am satisfied with the great video and adequate song contents. Of course, the presence of Amy Grant (in top form in so many ways) is icing on the cake. This concert is highly recommended.

Lastly, I would like to share some of my tips to get the lowest price while you shop at I pre-ordered the above disc as soon as it was announced, and the price was $16.09. No kidding. Now, the price has gone up to $22.99. My recommendation is to scan the Future Release section, or from other magazines. Once you find out an item you want, pre-order it as soon as it is announced. This price is usually the cheapest one. You also have the Pre-order Guarantee. You should also scan the price frequently. In case the price should go even lower, usually will adjust accordingly in your Account, but not always. If not, you are welcome to email and ask them to adjust to the lower price, as long as the item has not been shipped. is always very courteous and prompt with their reply and action. My latest pre-order at this point includes Love Story (blu ray) $16.48 (February 7), Taylor Swift's Journey Into Fearless (blu ray) $15.49 (January 10), and Casino Royale (original) $13.99 (February 13). These prices are too good to be true, especially Taylor Swift's disc. Happy shopping.
on June 7, 2015