4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Incredibly fast shipping

Published on Jan. 17 2012 by Lori3Niagara

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Incredibly fast shipping, Jan. 11 2012
This review is from: Leatherman Skeletool Multitool (Tools & Hardware)
This product is great for everyday usage, and I have found myself always having that boxcutter, pair of pliers or screwdriver right at hand. It is well designed, feels sturdy and the knife is incredibly sharp. Be very careful, as simply touching the blade is nearly enough to cut. Something not featured in the description, the product is rather portable as it is no longer than my phone and no thicker than an inch. For a portable, handy knife and simple tool set, this is the perfect choice at its price (I paid 40). As a side note, the product showed up exactly when it was stated to, something uncommon for many amazon products I've ordered.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great design, workmanship could be better, Jan. 28 2012
This review is from: Leatherman Skeletool Multitool (Tools & Hardware)
I have coveted the Skeletool ever since I first saw it, because of the design aesthetic more than the functionality since I use a Swissarmy Cybertool 41 (which is too heavy to carry in a pants pocket as it wore out one of my pockets and now I just carry it in my bag). The Skeletool has a belt clip which makes the pocket-wear of the Cybertool a moot point.

I paid just under $40 for this Skeletool via Amazon's deal of the week. I would not have bought it otherwise.

I gave this product 4 stars because the workmanship, compared to a Swissarmy knife, was less than perfect: the cutout in the knife blade used to unfold the knife had a slight burr which caused small surface cuts to my thumb; there are also small nicks on a few edges due to mishandling during production.

The instructions on removing the screwdriver bits from the driver could be clearer; the serrated switch needs to be slid back to release the bit.

This model comes with a spare Robertson (square) bit which the Cybertool lacks, so I swapped the flat bit in the holder for the Robertson and the kept the Philips bit in the driver; the flat bit went back into the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for everyday use, Nov. 10 2013
Overall excellent quality tool

Pros :
Tools open smoothly
Blade is veeeeery sharp, can be deployed without opening the pliers
Liner lock on the blade is reliable
Two exchangeable bit drivers
The holes in the frame make it lighter

Con :
The pliers could be a bit sturdier

I love this tool. It is reliable for everyday tasks. Keep in mind that it is not a full-size Leatherman. If you intend to give the tool a beat-up, you might want to look into the Wave, Charge or such tools. This one is more oriented toward a light, pocket-carry, purposeful tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Construction, excellent multi-tool, Nov. 5 2013
This review is from: Leatherman Skeletool Multitool (Tools & Hardware)
Pros:
Locking blade
Strong Pliers
Useful Carabiner clip which doubles as a bottle opener
Construction is sturdy, and design is slick.

Cons:
Comes with 3 bits, but only 2 fit on the tool. One must be carried along separately, or left at home.
Several drilled holes for aesthetics, but could be used for hexagon bolt cut outs. Would increase the number of tools that the Leatherman could replace.

Summary: The Skeletool easily outdoes my old Swiss army knife for basic out-the-go needs while travelling or being away from my tools. It will be mandatory accessory for when I am away from the house and office.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact. rugged., Nov. 5 2013
This review is from: Leatherman Skeletool Multitool (Tools & Hardware)
Lasted 2 years on an oil rig (before it was lost).
No problems. Blade could have came sharper from the factory...
Slightly larger would have been nice.

1.0 out of 5 stars quality doesn't stand up to reputation, Jan. 17 2012
This review is from: Leatherman Skeletool Multitool (Tools & Hardware)
The review is about the tool....not Amazon.ca which we have found to be a very good merchant. We purchased this tool as a gift for our son, prior to a wilderness trip. After a few weeks of use, it started to rust. The knife was not wet but the weather was very humid. However, his other knifes, one a SOG and the other a Buck, had no rust. We contacted Leatherman who refused to refund our money, or upgrade the knife (we offered to pay the upgrade fee), because they said that rust was not a defect. They offered no solutions. Rust may not be indicative of defect to Leatherman, but it is certainly indicative of an inferior product. We will never buy another Leatherman knife.

3.0 out of 5 stars Leatherman Skeletool Multitool., Aug. 30 2013
This review is from: Leatherman Skeletool Multitool (Tools & Hardware)
Quality is not excellent, but good. I’ve took one star off for slight blade play and another star for blade been not perfectly centered.
The blade play does not have impacts for tool usage; just I have expected more precise assembly and quality control from a company such as Leatherman, especially for the price point.
Other than mentioned flaws tool is functional and performs as expected.

I would recommend this tool when on sale, doesn’t worth full price tag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good compact tool..., June 3 2013
This review is from: Leatherman Skeletool Multitool (Tools & Hardware)
I own a Leatherman Wave, so I bought this as a backup/extra tool. It was worth it. It has all the bits that you need, and not alot of extras that you don't use often. Very handy thanks to the carabiner clip it has. Worthy addition to your tool set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, Dec 4 2012
Hugues A Mackay (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leatherman Skeletool Multitool (Tools & Hardware)
Purchased this multi-tool to carry with me every day and its definitely a top notch piece of kit. It covers the basics with needlenose pliers, pliers, wire cutters, hard-wire cutters, combo knife, bottle opener and bit driver. Its made of stainless steel with aluminium inserts, wont rust or corrode and its back by Leatherman's world class 25-year warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars works well, June 14 2014
This review is from: Leatherman Skeletool Multitool (Tools & Hardware)
Knife came sharp, pliers/wire cutters work well. the screwdriver part came with 3 bits. it was a bit smaller than i thought it would be, but that's fine. Its pretty comfortable in the hand when using it as a knife or pliers. the bottle opener and the carabiner work fine. I'm probably gonna use this thing all the time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›