5.0 out of 5 stars excellent movie
I am purchasing this movie after watching it at a friend's. The story line is good, with a twist,; I need it for my library of to watch overs because it is so good! Acting was very well done, both main charaters are believable in their roles. This is a go to, every so, often movie!
Published 18 months ago by honest

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow Movie with Bad Accents
The premise of the movie is different and interesting but the movie on the whole is slow and predictable.

Anne Hathaway should be credited for her English accent though. I think in one sentence she manged to go from Southern England, to Northern England and back in the same breath.
Published on Dec 5 2011 by Book Worm 73

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow Movie with Bad Accents, Dec 5 2011
Book Worm 73 (Guelph, Canada) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars One day, very touching male-oriented movie, Aug. 12 2013
This review is from: One Day [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
the plot is same as the novel which is very good, i didn't realize it was male-oriented till the end, very good

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent movie, Jan. 11 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movie ! ! !, Aug. 12 2012
Richard D. Graham (Montreal, QC CAN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Day (DVD)
I really liked this movie. It was well-made. The actors were perfect for their roles as well. I highly recommend it as a good love story. Don't forget to keep a box of tissues on hand when watching it !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 25 2014
This review is from: One Day (DVD)
love love love this movie i watch over and over

5.0 out of 5 stars great movie, May 29 2013
This review is from: One Day (DVD)
Being a movie collector I am very fussy which I order usually from seeing previews. I enjoy watching the many hours of entertainment.

4.0 out of 5 stars romance and break up given interest by change of locale, Jan. 11 2013
Anthony Marinelli "marilread" (toronto on canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Day (DVD)
Here we have a movie in which an american is in europe in a love relationship..and we have no spies, nopolitics, no
shootings, just a romantic tale..and it is being shown on all these north american screens. I find that a conventional tale is given a change of locale..although the characters we are used too here show up heere as well.
If we removed the accents..can we imagine the tale being filmed here? I certainly thought so..having said that I listened to the commentary before writing on it, and they mentioned that anne hathaway seemed european..what exactly that means I'm notsure..a photo..the bangs in her hair..no voice..just..is that more acceptable? Is that what anyways those thoughts didnt cross my mind..the weakness of the film..is her character is too strong, forceful, has some will and the males are occupying space for the most part..and that ruins the dramatic effect? You wonder why they are together..also in closeups and throughout..she is appealing and they are problematic figures..this may have something to do with the novel..though I'm not sure but the film really focus on their emotions as their relationship
splinters and breaks apart..now would such a male of so little substance with so little holding him together..want to be friends..and then make his daughter best friend(?)..is that a good thing?..The fault is not actually the male actors, they are actually quite good and effective, polished in ways, but the movie just didnt gel in ways..and anne hathaway's performance was good and I enjoyed the way she comes across in this film, perhaps by european they mean she has some sophistication in this portrayal an off handedness..controlling the scenes..being the center of the set ups..making you center your attention on her..if thats where your focus was..which is what made the film for me..

The title and idea behind the film..is novel..like a new novel..although the film captures..20 years..and are we convinced in her change in appearance 20 years has elapsed? The idea of showing a drama in one day..is an interesting concept..the best part of the film I found the change of locale, Ms Hathaway's performance and she has a
strong character to work with and do much with..but the other characters...and the ending was weak..and the scene with the child..at the end..is weak as well..cliches..perhaps if not something else

One Day [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
One Day [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) by Lone Scherfig (Blu-ray - 2011)
CDN$ 20.99 CDN$ 8.99