5.0 out of 5 stars excellent
no problems with the product, works great, small and compact. worth the price, have had no issues with the nav system, recognizes my location fairly quickly.
Published on Jan. 30 2012 by mike

3.0 out of 5 stars You can't get there from here
Published 5 months ago by Lori Engebretson

3.0 out of 5 stars You can't get there from here, Oct. 22 2013
This review is from: Magellan RoadMate 1324 GPS - FAST FREE S/H USA (Electronics)
I was given this product as a gift, now being grateful I was thankful the this present, however, I have recently learned that the maps haven't been updated since 2010, and there are many roads that I travel on that don't exist according to this little device. I have tried everything to update this device as I was really looking forward to not having to use my phone for directions while I was on the road. It takes a long time for this device to adjust to where you are now at this given moment so many of the turns I needed to make were passed by, especially when getting into the downtown metropolitan areas. I must admit that I am thankful for the thoughtfulness of the gift, but this is a re-gift item or donate item, as my phone works twice as fast and does a much better job than this device. Although printing maps from mapquest or googlemaps isn't always an option, they will at least get you to your destination, where this devise leaves you, "updating". Save your money, use the money you would have spent to upgrade your phone. I wouldn't rely on this device to get you where you wanted to go unless you knew already where you were going. I know Magellan has many new products out and I would imagine they are updated and well worth the money, but buying this one is outdated, spend the extra and get a current one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product no longer supported by Magellan, April 19 2013
Stephen Cooke - See all my reviews
I was reasonably happy with my Magellan RoadMate 1324 when I first got it, the extra CAA upgrades were a nice bonus, but the company has not provided a new map update for this unit since 2010, and now it's three years later and there are a number of new roads and subdivisions in my area that remain unaccounted for on the device. I called the service line, and they didn't see a new map upgrade coming any time soon (and they told me there are usually upgrades available via the Magellan Content Manager software up to 4 times a year). Avoid this unit at all costs, no matter how good the price, it will be useless if you have to drive anywhere there have been recent roadway changes.

3.0 out of 5 stars de base, March 11 2012
C'est un produit de base, le son est plutot mauvais et il n'y a pas de mise à jour gratuit des cartes, la pile dure peu de temps il faut recharger souvent, l'écran est très petit

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, Jan. 30 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and great price, Jan. 29 2012
I bought this to replace an older Magellan Maestro. The new one was less money than the updated maps for the older one. Small enough to fit in pocket, spoken street names and directions, all the features I would want.Magellan Roadmate 1324 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator (Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quality GPS Product, Jan. 5 2012
Magellan Roadmate 1324 has very poor maps (could only get three streets in Nanaimo, B.C.). Instructions suggest new streets will not appear however the street and business we were searching for has been there approx. 40 years. Programming instructions were not clear. Only one choice of voice, which was a harsh-sounding American accented woman's voice. Very disappointing! Wish to get refund.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Superb Prices, Dec 27 2011
I can understand why this GPS unit Magellan Roadmate 1324 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator (Black)was offered at such a good price as the operator-device interface is not sure at all. Typing an address on the screen can be very frustrating as the unit will emit a click indicating that the signal from finger to device has been accepted, but often (1/5 or 6) the signal has not been accepted by the device and a new letter is not being displayed. One must constantly check to see what is being entered is being read by the unit. Corrections are difficult as one must try to input the desired letter or number 3 or 4 times before it is accepted.

The auditory readout of place names leaves much to be desired. An example is "Bay Street" becomes "Be Street".

I will be more careful when looking at excellent pricing in the future, as it appears there is a cost involved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great GPS, Dec 4 2011
I had never owned a GPS before, I purchased this one for the price.
I must say, it is a straight forward GPS with no gimmicks. Gets you to your destination, without complication.
It's easy to navigate the menus and to program.
I also like the feature of Estimated Time of Arrival.
Overall, if you're looking for a well priced easy to program GPS, buy this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy little GPS, Dec 31 2011
Small and portable, but with a large enough screen to display all relevant info. The directions are clear and easy to understand. One of the better road GPS units I've used.

5.0 out of 5 stars MAGELLAN ROADMATE 1324, Dec 27 2011
Fantastic, This GPS works great. It was a Christmas present and for a handheld model It's very accurate. I can carry it in my pocket and charge it in the truck. Amazon shipped it out quickly so it made it on time-as usual. Thank YOU AMAZON.

ARRAY(0x9f93572c)