I saw Deep Purple in concert in Victoria, B.C. during their 2012 Canadian tour. It was a great show. Ian Gillan, Roger Glover and Ian Paice are well into their 60s but they can still put a high energy performance. Steve Morse and Don Airey are fine replacements for Ritchie Blackmore and Jon Lord.

After seeing Deep Purple's current live act, I bought the...
Published on June 12 2012 by Mark Anderson

Bought it, musicians are fantastic, orchestra mostly good but sometimes sounded distorted.
Vocals not very great, high notes unattainable.
Published 3 days ago by Rose Nicolas

5.0 out of 5 stars Hestitated About Buying Because I Wasn't Sure About Deep Purple With Orchestral Backing - But Great Show. Highly Recommended, June 12 2012
Mark Anderson (Victoria, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

After seeing Deep Purple's current live act, I bought the Montreaux 2006 DVD, which is excellent. I wasn't sure about this one; I hesitated on buying this because I thought the orchestra might not be compatible with Deep Purple's music.

I took a chance on this one anyway and I'm glad I did. It's an excellent performance. The orchestra brings a very real energy to the music. The sound is very good and, for the most part, the camera work and editing are well done.

I started listening to Deep Purple about 1971-72. At that time Deep Purple had already done one album with an orchestra - Jon Lord's Concerto for Group and Orchestra. That was more of a concept album; I never thought they'd do another one. If someone back then had predicted that in forty years Deep Purple would be performing classic tracks like Space Trucking, Lazy and Smoke On The Water with an orchestra backing them, I would have thought that person was insane.

If you're hesitating about buying this because you not sure about Deep Purple playing with an orchestra backing them, stop hesitating and buy it. If you're a Deep Purple fan, you'll like this one. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars thought this is not going to work..., Oct. 17 2012
All along I thought that rock band will not blend with an orchestra. I thought which is which is going to stand out or play second fiddle, but I was totally shocked when I saw the production. Everytime I review the videos on the shelves of every music outlets, I can't help but notice that this one is always pricey, my curiosity ended up by purchasing one, and am not sorry as I saw a great combination of a rock band with an orchestra. Just can't help it but turn up the volume until my wife told me to "TURN IT DOWN!"

4.0 out of 5 stars Really like the effort on behalf of DP to simply perform ..., Nov. 21 2014
William Davies "Celtic sojourn" (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Deep Purple With Orchestra: Live At Montreux 2011 (DVD)
Lots of energy and no arrogance. Really like the effort on behalf of DP to simply perform their music without any glitz or make-over. Although these guys have doubtless performed some of the song selections many times over the years they still perform and entertain, which is what I like about the performance. Ian Gillan struggles a bit with vocals, but persists and settles in. Tremendous energy from the young musicians in the orchestra. It must have really been fun for them. I hope DP held a back stage for them when it was all over - they deserved it! Rated at four stars only because I couldn't hear the orchestra completely at times, but perhaps this is just my LG sound system. If you are a DP fan you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars dvd blu ray music, April 18 2013
Lucie Tetreault (Ville De Sainte-Catherine, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
Awsome, the music is superbe, the quality is great, well done and mounted great story , remind me of a lots of memories!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Jan. 7 2012
Peter Hall (Regina, SK Canada) - See all my reviews
I just loved this Concert. The sound was awesome and the video crystal clear. The colors were so perfect you'd think you were there. Just wish I wasn't in a condo so that I could crank it up. Thanks Amazon. Received it in just days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comme désirer, Jan. 3 2013
Patrice Lemire (Québec, Canada) - See all my reviews
Aucun imprévu. Comme désirer sans anicroche. Recommande ce vendeur. Site sécuritaire sans crainte et très rapide. Arrivé à la date prévue.

3.0 out of 5 stars musicians are fantastic, orchestra mostly good but sometimes sounded distorted, Dec 25 2014
Vocals not very great, high notes unattainable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, Oct. 4 2014
J'ai passé une bonne soirée

Deep Purple With Orchestra: Live At Montreux 2011