march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

on January 3, 2012
I decided to get myself the 2.0 version of the PS3 remote at the recent sale price but mainly since I have the Sony PS3 sound-bar on my setup. This remote now allows me to not only control my PS3 but my sound-bar and TV too. The control of the sound-bar was a cinch being a Sony product it was pre-programmed. The setup of my non-Sony TV was a little different but manageable. I like the subtle change in the size and matte texture on the new remote. Overall I would say this is a good investment if you don't already have a remote for your PS3 and/or want a good universal remote that works with the PS3 without shelling out for a ridiculously expensive Logitech expansion dongle.
on March 23, 2013
After owning the original PS3 Blu-ray remote I decided to upgrade because the original wasn't cutting it anymore. The build quality feels very nice on this remote and its a much sleeker design than the old model. However the only draw back on this remote is the "AMP" feature will only work on Sony equipment. If it were programmable for my Pioneer Amp would receive 5/5 stars.
on May 16, 2013
It is great to have this remote specially if you use the PS3 for netflix or blue ray watching.

the normal PS3 controllers are difficult to use, if you want to use it for anything other than gaming.

The dedicated buttons for various PS3 options make things easier. They have buttons for the sony tv and receiver... they miss the buttons for a sony blue ray player .. i suppose because if you have one then Sony wants you to use it for watching blue rays. :-)

I must say though netflix is better on the PS3 than the Blue Ray player so I use the PS3.

Over all it is a great addition to a PS3... I hope that it works with PS4 in future... cause if I upgrade to the PS4 then i dont need to buy a remote again..
on February 25, 2014
I ordered this remote on a Friday and I was using it Monday night. The product is as advertised. Easy to setup, easy to operate. It makes watching movies and Netflix on my PS3 way easier. I should have bought one of these bad boys years ago.

Surf on
on December 8, 2015
Want a remote for your PS3? Now that the price has come down it's hard not to recommend this. As far as I can tell it's got universal compatibility with all of the PS3's media functionalities (Netflix included) without any of the quirks of the controller (specifically how buttons change their functionality when using DVDs vs. Blu-Rays).

Shame it takes AAA batteries, though.
on January 7, 2014
We have had a PS3 for a couple of years, and used it for a mix of gaming and media. As time went on the media portion increased, and the shortcomings of the PS3 controllers for that application became painfully clear. So when this remote went on sale I grabbed one. I must admit that I thought it would be just a nicety, but having used it I have to say it is a necessity! It makes using the PS3 for media an absolute breeze. As a bonus, it can control your TV and Sony receiver (should you have one) as well.

One caveat, although out of the box it was able to turn on my Sony TV and control some of the functions, it was frustrating in that not everything worked. In particular, the directional buttons did not work in the TV menus. However, I went through the procedure for making it work with other brand TVs as outlined in the instructions, and used code 201, then it started working fully with my TV. Just something to watch out for.
on October 13, 2013
If you use your PS3 for watching Blurays or Netflix or any other media services, grab one of these. They're cheap and beat using the PS3 controller by a mile. Easy to set up, except hunting through the pages for your TV's (and whatever else's) IR codes. They include a lot of them, so this should work well out of the box for nearly everyone.
on February 2, 2016
These are very useful.
they are less than half the price, of a regular, sony brand, ps3 controller. So if you use your ps3 as a media hub, and I do, this is a very good purchase.
It pairs perfectly with your TV set too, (mine are both Sony tvs. i don't know if it works with other tvs)
So you only need 1 remote, to control your tv, and ps3.
Plus it doesn't charge by usb, like the controllers do. It takes batteries, like a normal remote.

Very jazzed about my purchase. No idea why i didn't buy one sooner.
on May 31, 2014
After constantly fumbling with my PS3 controller trying to watch movies, this remote was definitely a welcome change. Also, with it's universal remote functionality, I no longer need the other two remotes I have with my current set up. The biggest downside however is button placement. It feels like certain buttons were either placed as an afterthought or they didn't care. For example, I use the volume buttons a lot, obviously, but for some reason they decided to put them at the bottom of the remote where they are difficult to get to.
on January 2, 2014
Works as described. Important Note: This remote only works SONY audio receivers. Luckily my audio receiver is Sony so I had no issues. My TV is Samsung and works great on it. Great price.

I also own a Logitech Harmony 880 remote but I stopped using that because my little kids keep playing with it and keep dropping it. So its better to use this cheap remote just in case they break it.